Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffalo Bills aiming to become NFL's next worst-to-first wonder

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo Bills aiming to become NFL's next worst-to-first wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    One more example regarding a QB that was significantly more touted than Manuel that regressed and hasn't been the shoe-in that he was supposed to be.

The point is that it happens all the time and we're obviously not exempt, but Manuel never showed what RGIII showed at any level.

As to the Bucs OC, that might make some sense if we had coaching at the three top spots that were proven. Schwartz is the most proven, but Marrone and Hackett are far from proven and there aren't a whole lot of people anywhere that think that Hackett is good.
    I agree about Marrone & Hackett to a point.

At least Marrone has Coached in the NFL before he got the Bills Job & was a Head Coach at Syracuse as well.

And now Hackett has a year under his belt in the NFL.

The Bucs OC Jeff Tedford has never Coached in the NFL but was an offensive guru in College. We will see how he does in the NFL.

For me EJ, Hackett & Crossman the Special teams Coach all have to prove themselves this year.

But at this point I am not writing off any of them.............well maybe Crossman.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    And the Bills have Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins. Watkins is the better receiver of the two, he's the clear number 1.
    The Bucs have Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. So now you're claiming that Watkins/Woods > Jackson/Evans

Classic! Exactly how people on your side of this forum think. Unfortunately, anyone that thinks that is a fool. Watkins may never be as good as Jackson. I'll be happy if he's as good, and that's going to be expected given what we gave up. Maybe more.

How did I miss the point on RGIII?
    As I said, pick any of any other number of QBs whose second seasons were not as good as their rookie seasons. Happens all the time.

Still need further clarification. I'll concur on RGIII, just pick any other large remaining number of QBs that fit the argument.

I'll put it another way, there is no guarantee that Manuel improves. There's no guarantee that if he does improve that it will be by nearly enough to A, have justified reaching for him in last year's draft, or B, that keeps his job secure in 2015, especially if he gets injured and especially under a new owner who would then in turn get a new GM (hopefully) who would put a new set of coaches in.

Honestly, you're fooling yourself if you think that Manuel's closer to signficant improvement than he is to not cutting the mustard. Oh sure, we'll wait the season, it's not like we have a choice due to the superb planning over the last two decades by our crack front office, but there aren't a whole lot of people out there, bright ones anyway, that would put their money on the odds that Manuel cuts it.

Everyone likes to say "we don't know," but there are a lot of things that we do know which are the biggest factors in predicting things. People here, and people in our front office and on our coaching staffs over the years, choose to simply ignore those things and signs and then make corresponding decisions as if those signs aren't there. That doesn't mean that they're not. This isn't hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, this is profession that people get paid good money to do, it's just that here in Buffalo under Wilson's jobs program we've been cursed.

On the message boards this stuff is expected. We get it every year. We've cycled through this nonsense so many times over the years that those on board with team statements and not critical of them should be ashamed of themselves. Instead, it's wash, rinse, repeat.

Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe, Van Pelt, Losman, Holcomb, Edwards (the next great one according to Bill Walsh), Fitzpatrick, soon to be Manuel.

The only hope that I have that we won't take some other mid-2nd round projection with our 7th overall pick in the future because our GM knows more than everyone else in the world is new ownership.
    Last edited by Fletch; 07-24-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    The Bucs have Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. So now you're claiming that Watkins/Woods > Jackson/Evans

Classic! Exactly how people on your side of this forum think. Unfortunately, anyone that thinks that is a fool. Watkins may never be as good as Jackson. I'll be happy if he's as good, and that's going to be expected given what we gave up. Maybe more.
    Where do you get that I say the Bills top two are better? Are you stupid or just daft on purpose to fit your argument?

Jackson is the best WR of the bunch and as such will see more looks and targets that Evans. Just like if he was here he would see more targets than Sammy. Sammy > Woods and as such will see more targets.

Add that all up Sammy will see more targets than Evans which in turn will allow him to put up better numbers.

What part of that do you not understand?

Feel free to twist that however you choose.

And EJ Manuel isn't even the best QB on the roster here, but again twist your arguments any way you choose.
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 07-24-2014 at 12:30 PM.

4. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (07-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Where do you get that I say the Bills top two are better? Are you stupid or just daft on purpose to fit your argument?

Jackson is the best WR of the bunch and as such will see more looks and targets that Evans. Just like if he was here he would see more targets than Sammy. Sammy > Woods and as such will see more targets.

Add that all up Sammy will see more targets than Evans which in turn will allow him to put up better numbers.

What part of that do you not understand?

Feel free to twist that however you choose.

And EJ Manuel isn't even the best QB on the roster here, but again twist your arguments any way you choose.
    Talk about stupid. The argument wasn't about Sammy being better or worse than Woods, it was about which team has better WRs.

You're the idiot that started comparing Bills WRs.

I wish we knew each other so that I could make a wager with you and take your money at the end of the season.

I mean honestly, you say I'm stupid, but how stupid is someone that talks about a team that claims that it's going to run more to minimize the passing game, compares it to a team that had a rookie QB post top-10 all-time rookie numbers, and insist that one of two WRs that's worth anything on that team, is going to get fewer targets than another rookie on a team that has not one but two notable WRs to contend with?

Seriously? Who's the big threat to take targets from Jackson and Evans? What, Underwood? LOL He's their third best probably, and a clone of Goodwin.

What, Tommy Streeter? Louis Murphy?

Again, if you'd read what I wrote I said that both Jackson and Evans will have more catches than Watkins. Presumably if they have more catches, they'll likely have more targets unless Watkins is Mr. Butterfingers this season, which will hardly prove your point.

Not to even mention that Glennon made Manuel look like Wilson vs. Weeden last season.

I understand being a fan, what I don't understand is this willingness to hallucinate.