Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Reasons to not trust Bon Jovi

2. Post thanked by:

gebobs (07-25-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by TedMock View Post
    The person says the study identified at least three potential stadium sites, two in Toronto, including one on the waterfront, and another in the suburb of Mississauga.

Why would any owner want to put money in a stadium on the waterfront of Toronto compared to the waterfront of Buffalo?

SpikedLemonade

John Vrooman, a Vanderbilt professor who specializes in sports economics, said feasibility studies are standard practice among prospective ownership groups and there should be no immediate cause for alarm. He said such studies evaluate expected cash flows and best- and worst-case risk factors based on location.

Vrooman projected the Bills to be valued at between $950 million and $1 billion in western New York, and about $1.5 billion if they moved to Toronto and even more in Los Angeles.

http://www.mykawartha.com/whatson-st...ed-in-toronto/

SpikedLemonade

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nf...port-1.2717279

These are the kind of comments that are common to Canadian stories about building a stadium..

• Stephen

If true, not a dollar of public money, nothing.

It simply will not happen in Toronto because there will never be public money for it.

SpikedLemonade

This is from 2011, but holds true today...

Mr. Ford stresses that the Portlands stadium complex is still only an idea. "This is just Doug Ford's opinion," he said, and "this is not in concrete." If Toronto were to get a National Football League franchise, something he admits might be a "pipedream" in the end, a stadium could go to Woodbine, Downsview or Exhibition Place instead.

But he said that, despite his Etobicoke roots, he prefers a downtown stadium site, and the Portlands district on the eastern side of Toronto harbour has many advantages. He says the area of 400 acres has huge tracts for development and big patches of parkland, too.

"Make that a green area - bicycling, beaches - and then make massive retail outlets, but not just the regular retail. I'm talking the Nordstrom, the Macy's, the Guccis. Something different."
    Building on the site of the massive Hearn plant on Unwin Avenue would save $120-million because the stadium could reuse its foundation, he says. "It goes right down to bedrock."

A local developer came up with the idea of building a monorail "that would go along the lakefront and also scoop down to the Portlands and circle around." Both the monorail and the stadium would pay for themselves "through the private sector," he says.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...article624102/
    Last edited by Haile SpikedLemonade; 07-24-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    This lady I was entirely crazy about back in his prime, was crazy about he and his band. I liked Motorhead, had long hair but no use for perms. She told me flat out it was between me and another guy, she chose him, married him, and he had that permed Bon Jovi vibe going.

He was a great guy, I liked and respected him a lot, couldn't find any reason not to, he really was a great person. Wasn't his fault Bon Jovi infected him and caused him to gain what I lost. Had to be the perm. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Oh she was awesome. I have never forgiven Bon Jovi. It's been 30 years, I've loved even more, but it was a bitter pill losing out to a hair guy in the Metal Wars Years and scarred me into fundamentally mistrusting Bon Jovi, because he's wily and up to something, and it will cost me.
    Your turmoil explains much. I am now haunted by your pain.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

8. Post thanked by:

Mace (07-24-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry If Im an NFL owner I want Toronto over Blo. If i'm a perspective buyer i would want Toronto. Blo's money making ability is pretty much tapped out. Where as in Toronto the sky's the limit

10. Post thanked by:

coastal (07-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Sorry If Im an NFL owner I want Toronto over Blo. If i'm a perspective buyer i would want Toronto. Blo's money making ability is pretty much tapped out. Where as in Toronto the sky's the limit
    Is this based on the incredible fan support for the Bills or the Toronto fan's inability to even cheer when something positive happens ? Maybe in 20 years they will understand anything past a puck & net, I'd still question whether even then they might have the same passion as an average Bills fan.
    Last edited by Skooby; 07-24-2014 at 06:27 PM.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    We will see over the next 6 years with double digit ticket price increases.

If Buffalo based fans are willing to dig deeper in their pockets, perhaps the new owner will spend some of his own money on a new stadium.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Is this based on the incredible fan support for the Bills or the Toronto fan's inability to even cheer when something positive happens ? Maybe in 20 years they will understand anything past a puck & net, I'd still question whether even then they might have the same passion as an average Bills fan.
    Nope, based solely on that fact that with a team in Buffalo a Toronto team will be infringing on their market. So given the choice of what city i want my team in. Toronto is a no brainer

Thanks
    Thanked 30,528 Times in 17,421 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    John Vrooman, a Vanderbilt professor who specializes in sports economics, said feasibility studies are standard practice among prospective ownership groups and there should be no immediate cause for alarm. He said such studies evaluate expected cash flows and best- and worst-case risk factors based on location.

Vrooman projected the Bills to be valued at between $950 million and $1 billion in western New York, and about $1.5 billion if they moved to Toronto and even more in Los Angeles.

http://www.mykawartha.com/whatson-st...ed-in-toronto/
    Yeah, I'm calling BS on Vrooman.

In MLB, the Blue Jays are in the bottom three in operating income, middle of the pack in revenue, and 18th in value.
    In the NBA, the Raptors are 12th in operating income, 11th in revenue and (coincidentally) 18th in value.
    In the NHL, #1 in operating income, #1 in revenue and #1 in value.

Toronto is a hockey town, but US sports? Not so much.

Insinuating that moving the team to Toronto would automatically increase the Bills value enough to catapult it's ranking into the top 5 of the NFL is ludicrous. They may move up a few spots from #30, but they are going to do that anyway when the sale of the team actually goes for more than 870mil.
    Last edited by YardRat; 07-24-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

15. Post thanked by:

Novacane (07-25-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    In MLB, the Blue Jays are in the bottom three in operating income, middle of the pack in revenue, and 18th in value.

In the NBA, the Raptors are 12th in operating income, 11th in revenue and (coincidentally) 18th in value.
    What are the Buffalo comparables?

Vrooman has no skin in the game and he did write THE book on this subject.

$1.5B seems like a good estimate.

Same issue has LA -- no stadium.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    The person says the study identified at least three potential stadium sites, two in Toronto, including one on the waterfront, and another in the suburb of Mississauga.

Why would any owner want to put money in a stadium on the waterfront of Toronto compared to the waterfront of Buffalo?
    I honestly have not been to Toronto many, many years. I barely remember what it looks like. I was just forwarding on the article. Yes, feasibility studies are common practice for just about all projects, not just sports arenas, but they are not done haphazardly - especially now with financial/municipal advisory laws becoming so strict. Engineering firms are extra paranoid right now. They don't want to trip lines requiring them to register in other capacities. Of course, no feasibility studies have been conducted yet... I think?
    Last edited by TedMock; 07-24-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,005 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    This makes me feel like JBJ may not be telling the truth.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    This makes me feel like JBJ may not be telling the truth.
    He's a POS low down dirty person. He is lying

I was just watchin ESPN tonight, Scrolling at the bottom along with the scores: JON BON JOVI AND TORONTO GROUP CHECKING OUT STADIUM SITES IN TORONTO!!

No matter how real this threat is, I'm offically pissed.

21. Post thanked by:

imbondz (07-25-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    He's a POS low down dirty person. He is lying

I was just watchin ESPN tonight, Scrolling at the bottom along with the scores: JON BON JOVI AND TORONTO GROUP CHECKING OUT STADIUM SITES IN TORONTO!!

No matter how real this threat is, I'm offically pissed.
    So basically speaking, he's a lying douche.

23. Post thanked by:

imbondz (07-25-2014),Novacane (07-25-2014)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I totally understand LA stealing from Oakland and Oakland stealing right back. Both are ugly cities, but in the end the city that deserved the team got them. LA is a city of pu$$ies and can't understand football.

But I'd be so surprised if Toronto, our polite northern neighbors, with who we've had cordial relations over the years, would stab us in the back like that.

And if they did, the gloves come off. We go all Canadian Bacon on them. Tip the CN Tower. Hogtie the Barenaked Ladies and **** those little f@66ots in the arse. Stuff the ballot boxes for Rob Ford. Boycott Labatt.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

25. Post thanked by:

Famous Amos (07-25-2014),GvilleBills (07-25-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    I totally understand LA stealing from Oakland and Oakland stealing right back. Both are ugly cities, but in the end the city that deserved the team got them. LA is a city of pu$$ies and can't understand football.

But I'd be so surprised if Toronto, our polite northern neighbors, with who we've had cordial relations over the years, would stab us in the back like that.

And if they did, the gloves come off. We go all Canadian Bacon on them. Tip the CN Tower. Hogtie the Barenaked Ladies and **** those little f@66ots in the arse. Stuff the ballot boxes for Rob Ford. Boycott Labatt.
    If you hear Eh? In the galleria, it's time to go medival on their ***.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope JBJ is just an NFL stooge pushing the price up so that all the other teams have higher valuations. if the smallest market team is $1BN, then the largests ones have to be valued higher. and best way to get a higher price from a 3 times over billionaire is to pretend a 3 man ownership group has the same shot as you.