Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best QB on Bills Roster

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Best QB on Bills Roster

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    For 6 rounds in 2000, I was pulling out my hair, yelling draft Tom Brady from Michigan.

Sure you were. I'm sure you were right there suggesting that we draft Terrell Davis too in the 1995 Draft.

Funny though, I was saying the same thing about Russell Wilson in the 2012 Draft. Instead, realizing the gem we had in Fitzpatrick, our crack front office chose TJ Graham instead, another player that may not even make the roster this season.

2. Post thanked by:

Mike (07-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,089 Times in 3,570 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Was there ever anything definitive that he was?

He wasn't even the best QB in the ACC in his senior season, that honor went to a Jr., Tahj Boyd. Glennon was better too. Both Glennon and Boyd threw many more TDs and had worse teams around them.

Only those that actually believed that Whaley knew what he was doing by reaching to take Manuel would even have thought that for a moment. There always was more than enough info on KneeJ prior to the draft last year to have challenged whether he would ever even be an average starter in the NFL much less one worth reaching for by a round, perhaps rounds, to take him in the mid-1st. Only our front office knew better than everyone else.

We're left to enjoy another looming rebuilding mess. As usual, when it begins, hopefully after this season and not next one, the new GM and HC will probably insist that we really don't need to rebuild with no QB, no 3-down RB, no TE, one dicey DT and one aging one, only one above average LB on the squad, and only one above average DB. Then they'll approach that season as if we're not rebuilding while treating us to the news that we are following it.

Our hope is to get a new owner that cans the entire group of FO staff.

Odds of that happening? Rhetorically speaking of course.
    Cans the entire FO over taking EJ? LOL! Get a grip.

I'm not sure I share your optimism on Tuel, who did absolutely nothing significant in college and under any circumstances it would be remarkable if he even earned his way into a #2 spot as a career. But sure you know why Bills fans dogged him, it was because their fearless leader told them that KneeJ was better, and of course they believe everything that their fearless leader tells them.
    No, it's because he showed nothing in actual games. Actually, he showed why he was an UDFA. If he improves, great.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Cans the entire FO over taking EJ? LOL! Get a grip.
    What, you become a Bills fan last season.

Really?

No, it's because he showed nothing in actual games. Actually, he showed why he was an UDFA. If he improves, great.
    He won't, but exactly nonetheless. In full agreement. I'm not the one suggesting that we have even one good QB on the roster much less more than that.

We're going to be in the market for a QB, again, after this season.

Now, getting back to that FO question ...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What, you become a Bills fan last season.

Really?
    Huh? The FO changed about a year ago when Whaley became GM. Why would a new ownership group fire him and the rest of the guys, Brandon especially?

He won't, but exactly nonetheless. In full agreement. I'm not the one suggesting that we have even one good QB on the roster much less more than that.

We're going to be in the market for a QB, again, after this season.
    We'll see. Having guys like Watkins, Williams, Woods, and Chandler will help EJ immensely. As will a strong running game and defense.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Having guys like Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, and Antonio Gates couldn't help Manuel. Dream as you will.

7. Post thanked by:

Fletch (07-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Having guys like Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, and Antonio Gates couldn't help Manuel. Dream as you will.
    Yeah, okay.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

From yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by wgr
    He still struggled with going through all of his reads, which is concerning because it appears as though Jeff Tuel has no problem doing so in the offense, and that has limited him at practice so far. That, in addition to his inaccuracy, is what holds him back from realizing the potential the Bills believe that he has.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    From yesterday:

Funny last night Marty Schottenheimer said he "was so extremely impressed" with EJ and also said that "he was terrific with accuracy and velocity." Granted EJ had a very good night, but whats to say that he can't continue to do so. Then again, who the hell is Marty Schottenheimer, when Joe Blow from WGR says that Jeff Tuel is the man.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/au...1-1fe2188eda8a

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

EJ Manuel is the most physically gifted of the 4 Bills QBs. Is he the best overall? Right now? barely.
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    Tuel looks good in camp and looks terrible in games. EJ was at least serviceable and made a few good plays at the ends of games to seal a W. I'm not saying it's impossible for that to turn around but as of right now, you have no evidence to suggest that is going to happen.
    Tuel looked GREAT against the Chiefs...................right up until he threw that pick 6.

13. Post thanked by:

Mike (07-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sure you were. I'm sure you were right there suggesting that we draft Terrell Davis too in the 1995 Draft.

Funny though, I was saying the same thing about Russell Wilson in the 2012 Draft. Instead, realizing the gem we had in Fitzpatrick, our crack front office chose TJ Graham instead, another player that may not even make the roster this season.
    Well unlike you, I REALLY was BANGING the drum for the Bills to draft Russell Wilson before that draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Tuel looked GREAT against the Chiefs...................right up until he threw that pick 6.
    Eh, not really. He was 18 of 39 (46.2%) for 229 yards (5.9 YPA) with 1 TD and 1 INT, not counting that pick six.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eh, not really. He was 18 of 39 (46.2%) for 229 yards (5.9 YPA) with 1 TD and 1 INT, not counting that pick six.
    Stats don't really mean crap. Tuel was WINNING the game. All he had to do was to protect the ball at the point he threw the pick 6 to get the win.

If the Chiefs took over on downs at their one yard line with the time remaining in the game, the Bills would have won that game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Funny last night Marty Schottenheimer said he "was so extremely impressed" with EJ and also said that "he was terrific with accuracy and velocity." Granted EJ had a very good night, but whats to say that he can't continue to do so. Then again, who the hell is Marty Schottenheimer, when Joe Blow from WGR says that Jeff Tuel is the man.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/au...1-1fe2188eda8a
    Swiper loves the Schott. But he's wrong about the Manuel.

- - - Updated - - -

Stats don't really mean crap. Tuel was WINNING the game. All he had to do was to protect the ball at the point he threw the pick 6 to get the win.

If the Chiefs took over on downs at their one yard line with the time remaining in the game, the Bills would have won that game.
    Who told him to throw the ball?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

- - - Updated - - -

Who told him to throw the ball?[/QUOTE]

The Devil.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You can't even identify such bold sarcasm (notice the horse taking a **** = horse****), it's no wonder you can't correctly identify anything football related either.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well unlike you, I REALLY was BANGING the drum for the Bills to draft Russell Wilson before that draft.
    Who said I was joking! I would have kissed my own ass if we had drafted Wilson. Meanwhile, I distinctly recall having to listen here about how Graham was going to light up opposing Ds with his blazing speed, ... kinda like Goodwin and now Watkins.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I Buffalo that's close enough to QB paradise these days. Hence the need for a new GM and FO.

22. Post thanked by:

Mike (07-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can't even identify such bold sarcasm (notice the horse taking a **** = horse****), it's no wonder you can't correctly identify anything football related either.
    Yeah, it's tough around here in the forum where "kids say the darndest things." Half the time far more ludicrous things are meant seriously.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I Buffalo that's close enough to QB paradise these days. Hence the need for a new GM and FO.
    LOL! Hardly.