Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The reason the Bills will win this year

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The reason the Bills will win this year

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    2013...better days! I like your optimism. Eventually, you may be right. Not this year though. 8-8 is their ceiling.
    Well, when 3-13 has been the cry of the pessimist, 8-8 is a significant jump.

The Bills starting defense looked awesome against the Giants, and that was without Gilmore & McKelvin.

EJ on the other hand...............no receiver can catch a ball batted down at the line of scrimmage.

It is ridiculous to have 3 balls batted down in a single game let alone the short amount of time EJ played.

That needs to be addressed & fixed SOON.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, when 3-13 has been the cry of the pessimist, 8-8 is a significant jump.
    Ceiling. 6-10 more likely.

Still 8-8 is nothing when you've failed as long as the Bills have. Failing that, this will mark a full decade of sub 0.500 seasons. Not even the brutal stretches of the early 80's or the late 60's come close.

The Bills starting defense looked awesome against the Giants, and that was without Gilmore & McKelvin.
    I agree. They looked darn good for those two series. Of course, no one is expecting much from the Giants anyway. And the Giants kind of showed what our depth is like when they ran roughshod over the second stringers.

EJ on the other hand...............no receiver can catch a ball batted down at the line of scrimmage.
    Agreed. Just shows he still looks down his receivers.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Ceiling. 6-10 more likely.

Still 8-8 is nothing when you've failed as long as the Bills have. Failing that, this will mark a full decade of sub 0.500 seasons. Not even the brutal stretches of the early 80's or the late 60's come close.

I agree. They looked darn good for those two series. Of course, no one is expecting much from the Giants anyway. And the Giants kind of showed what our depth is like when they ran roughshod over the second stringers.

Agreed. Just shows he still looks down his receivers.
    Well, it was the Giants first string that ran roughshod over the 2nd string of the Bills.

Eli looked no better than EJ the first two series. I would be concerned if I were a Giants fan.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, it was the Giants first string that ran roughshod over the 2nd string of the Bills.
    Let's all hope we don't have to rely on those guys too much.

Eli looked no better than EJ the first two series. I would be concerned if I were a Giants fan.
    All the bluster about shooting for 70% from Eli aside, I think most Giants fans are concerned.