X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Fred Jackson signs 1 year extension...

The best Bill in the last decade.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i thought of fred as Robb Riddick. really good on a bad team and too old when the team turned around. not that we are guaranteed a turnaround this season, but if ej does end up being good, Fred won't see the benefit of it.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Best news of the season.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Good for Fred but this move coupled with the recent depth chart release gives me a little concern about Bryce Brown. As on the depth chart he was listed as 4th which I at first thought was out of respect to Anthony Dixon since he signed here first. Yet if the Bills felt that Brown could carry the load himself or with Dixon am not sure Jackson gets this extension. Just some food for thought but again I might be reading far more into things. Yet it also doesn't help with the recent CJ Spiller trade rumors too.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            i thought of fred as Robb Riddick. really good on a bad team and too old when the team turned around. not that we are guaranteed a turnaround this season, but if ej does end up being good, Fred won't see the benefit of it.

That's a good analogy.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Robb Riddick slept with my high school english teacher. Rumor had it.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Robb Riddick slept with my high school english teacher. Rumor had it.
                Maybe they were just conjugating verbs.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

As best I can find, it is a one year $2.6 million extension. I can't find any information on guarantees, so I think this is Spiller insurance. If Spiller stays, we should not be paying $2.6 million for a backup halfback. That said, if there was anybody on the team who deserves to be overpaid it is Jackson.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    As best I can find, it is a one year $2.6 million extension. I can't find any information on guarantees, so I think this is Spiller insurance. If Spiller stays, we should not be paying $2.6 million for a backup halfback. That said, if there was anybody on the team who deserves to be overpaid it is Jackson.
                    Even if he's technically a backup, we're still talking about a guy that's probably going to see a couple hundred carries a year. Plus he's one of the best 3rd down blocking RB's. As long as his ability doesn't drop off significantly, I think anything less than $3 mil a year is a bargain for a do it all RB like Fred. He should still have a significant role on offense whether CJ is here or not. The Bills should have a lot of extra cap space next year with Stevie J and Fitz finally coming off the books, so I think Fred's a worthy investment.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      Even if he's technically a backup, we're still talking about a guy that's probably going to see a couple hundred carries a year. Plus he's one of the best 3rd down blocking RB's. As long as his ability doesn't drop off significantly, I think anything less than $3 mil a year is a bargain for a do it all RB like Fred. He should still have a significant role on offense whether CJ is here or not. The Bills should have a lot of extra cap space next year with Stevie J and Fitz finally coming off the books, so I think Fred's a worthy investment.
                      Well yeah, but that's a lot to ask of any halfback going into his 9th nfl year, let alone one who got a late start.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      Well yeah, but that's a lot to ask of any halfback going into his 9th nfl year, let alone one who got a late start.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                      X