Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in Jon Bon Bye Bye

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Stick a fork in Jon Bon Bye Bye

This article explains the dagger that killed Bon Jovi and Toronto's dreams, and that dagger belongs to Terry Pegula.

The group as constituted with Bon Jovi in the lead probably is limited financially by the amount of cash the rocker can pull together to meet the 30% controlling-owner threshold the NFL demands.

Sources say he is worth close to $500 million. To illustrate his predicament, let’s say the final sale price is $1.2 billion. After the group maxes out the NFL’s financing limit of $200 million, Bon Jovi would alone have to contribute $300 million in cash to meet the 30% principal-ownership threshold — more than 60% of his net worth, an extraordinarily high number in such a sale.

More:

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl...ch-it-sources/

Suck it, Toronto.

2. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

better days (07-31-2014),Dr. Who (07-31-2014),Fixxxer (07-31-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (07-31-2014),Historian (07-31-2014),k-oneputt (07-31-2014),Mace (07-31-2014),RedEyE (07-31-2014),Scumbag College (07-31-2014),Thurmal (07-31-2014),trapezeus (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Stick a fork in Jon Bon Bye Bye

also, other reports say he's only at $300MM. amazing that roundingup to $500MM isn't seen as excessively generous.

and wow, he's made $300MM off of one classic album and a bad acting career? sign me up for that gig.

4. Post thanked by:

Goobylal (07-31-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i think our new hall of fame wide receiver andre reed said it best.

'F*** Bon Jovi'
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

6. Post thanked by:

cookie G (07-31-2014),Dr. Who (07-31-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (07-31-2014),Historian (07-31-2014),The last buffalo fan (07-31-2014),WagonCircler (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Every proposal has its thorns.

And every Bills fan sings a glad, glad song.

Sayonara, Bon Jovi. It's not the 1980s anymore and I hope I never see your name in the news ever again.

8. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (07-31-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Every proposal has its thorns.

And every Bills fan sings a glad, glad song.

Sayonara, Bon Jovi. It's not the 1980s anymore and I hope I never see your name in the news ever again.
    i believe the song you are referencing is by poison, and not bon jovi. but either way, close enough

10. Post thanked by:

delectrolux (07-31-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,278 Times in 15,431 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ESAD, JBJ!

Stick to following the Irish, and writing ****ty songs.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Question: what is the net worth of Rogers or Tannenbaum? Couldn't they just flip it and make Rogers the 30% principal owner instead of Bon Jovi?

Also, if that's not possible, does Pegula automatically win or do they re-open the bidding process and try to attract more bids?

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Question: what is the net worth of Rogers or Tannenbaum? Couldn't they just flip it and make Rogers the 30% principal owner instead of Bon Jovi?

Also, if that's not possible, does Pegula automatically win or do they re-open the bidding process and try to attract more bids?
    Off-topic, OpI, but didn't there used to be an NFL rule about one owner being restricted from owning two major league franchises in the same town?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Off-topic, OpI, but didn't there used to be an NFL rule about one owner being restricted from owning two major league franchises in the same town?
    It's the opposite, actually. It's the only way you can owner another franchise (an NFL rule).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    i believe the song you are referencing is by poison, and not bon jovi. but either way, close enough
    What??? They're different bands???

I'm a 90s kid. All those hair bands are interchangeable in my book. You can see how limited my knowledge of the genre is.

But at least I didn't quote Stryper lyrics.
    Last edited by JoeMama; 07-31-2014 at 10:14 AM.

16. Post thanked by:

ParanoidAndroid (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It has been extensively reported the Jon Bon Blowme would not be interested in any situation the does not involve him as principal owner. So he would back out. And neither Tannenbaum not Rogers have the personal liquidity to make that bid happen. Neither of them as individuals would meet the minimum requirement on their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    What? They're different bands???
    It's actually a badge of honor NOT to know the difference, I think.

18. Post thanked by:

better days (07-31-2014),ParanoidAndroid (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    It's actually a badge of honor NOT to know the difference, I think.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WagonCircler again."

20. Post thanked by:

Historian (07-31-2014),WagonCircler (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's the opposite, actually. It's the only way you can owner another franchise (an NFL rule).
    I believe you can own an NFL team and still own another pro sports franchise in a different city, as long as that city does not have an NFL team. So an NFL owner could buy the Portland Trailblazers or OKC Thunder for example since there's no competing NFL team in those markets.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I believe you can own an NFL team and still own another pro sports franchise in a different city, as long as that city does not have an NFL team. So an NFL owner could buy the Portland Trailblazers or OKC Thunder for example since there's no competing NFL team in those markets.
    What would be the point of that rule?

I know there was much talk about Jeremy Jacobs having to divest himself of the Bruins had he decided to make a bid for the Bills. I realize that Boston (metro Boston) has an NFL team, so it's not the exact same situation, but I'm not sure how that would make a practical difference.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So Fletch googles for Bills news everyday. H e has no links to post today all the news coming out of Toronto suggests the MLSE/Bon Jovi group are cooked

24. Post thanked by:

better days (07-31-2014),Fixxxer (07-31-2014),WagonCircler (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 944 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

From what I have read and understand, no... The principal owner has to be a single person... Rogers is a corporation. Corporations cannot be principal owners (proving that, at least in the NFL's eyes that corporations are not people, but that's a different topic for a different section).

The bids submitted earlier this week were non-binding, so there will eventually (likely within the next 2 weeks) be official, binding bids. The main question is, can a person (or group) that did not submit a bid earlier this week end up submitting one now, or whenever the binding bids are due...? Golisano seems to think that he'll still be able to, even though he apparently didn't meet the deadline for submitting the non-binding bid...

The short answer is, no, Pegula does not "automatically win," as the submitted bids were not binding. But, there were (apparently) only three non-binding bids submitted, which was believed to be a required step in order to submit a binding bid when that time comes.

-Bill

26. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What would be the point of that rule?

I know there was much talk about Jeremy Jacobs having to divest himself of the Bruins had he decided to make a bid for the Bills. I realize that Boston (metro Boston) has an NFL team, so it's not the exact same situation, but I'm not sure how that would make a practical difference.
    I really don't know any details about why they make the rules they do, but I assume that since the NFL operates as one business they probably see it as a conflict of interest to have an owner buy a franchise that directly competes for fans/money with another owner in the same market. The strength of the NFL is that its owners do a good job of working together and sharing profits to protect the overall health of the league. But then you have situations like the Kroenke's where the Dad owns the Rams, but made his son the owner of the Denver Nuggets and Avs to get around that rule.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I recall the DeBartolos owning both the 49rs and the Pgh Penguins - the Steelers are there, of course. IIRC, the old man, Family Member Eddie, purchased both clubs and gave the Niners to his son, thus avoiding the rules at the time.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really don't know any details about why they make the rules they do, but I assume that since the NFL operates as one business they probably see it as a conflict of interest to have an owner buy a franchise that directly competes for fans/money with another owner in the same market. The strength of the NFL is that its owners do a good job of working together and sharing profits to protect the overall health of the league. But then you have situations like the Kroenke's where the Dad owns the Rams, but made his son the owner of the Denver Nuggets and Avs to get around that rule.
    Well, either way, I think we're safe with Terry P.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, either way, I think we're safe with Terry P.
    Yeah, no issues with Pegula since it's all the same market.