Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bills Sale Has Turned Into A Circus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo Bills Sale Has Turned Into A Circus

I don't even understand what the argument is here either.

It seems as if Pegula and BJ are serious about buying the team.

No numbers reported can be confirmed or denied.

I don't see the point in talking about it really until things are confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    If you're one of those people that has lectured the rest for daring to not buy into what the FO has done over the last ten years, at least, and tells the rest that we'll have nothing to say once we win or start making the playoffs, or whatever other lofty goal they claim we'll achieve but never do, but then continue to speak, then you would be.

I don't know, are you one of those people? I can't say, don't care, haven't paid attention. Just sayin'. I just know they're here and pull their wash/rinse/repeat nonsense every year. One would think that after being so incredibly wrong for so incredibly wrong that they'd be shamed to say much of anything, but this is America where opinion trumps facts in our pop-culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you seem to hate a lot of things, including much of your fellow man.
    I like the Bills!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

[QUOTE=Fletch;3970608]If you're one of those people that has lectured the rest for daring to not buy into what the FO has done over the last ten years, at least, and tells the rest that we'll have nothing to say once we win or start making the playoffs, or whatever other lofty goal they claim we'll achieve but never do, but then continue to speak, then you would be.

I don't know, are you one of those people? I can't say, don't care, haven't paid attention. Just sayin'. I just know they're here and pull their wash/rinse/repeat nonsense every year. One would think that after being so incredibly wrong for so incredibly wrong that they'd be shamed to say much of anything, but this is America where opinion trumps facts in our pop-culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since you evidently "don't care," I don't know why I am answering this. You will see my join date to this site is July 2002. I rarely posted until quite recently, because while I always hoped for the best, I wasn't truly persuaded we were going to be better. I like the current team and I am optimistic. I don't care about failures in the past. If it doesn't work out, I'll be disappointed and you will have more ammunition for your particular perspective.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
    I don't even understand what the argument is here either.
    Yeah, that seems to be a recurrent theme with you. You step into a conversation like a drunkard shoving people out of the way to get to the punch bowl while ignoring everything around you.

Then you scratch your noggin and wonder why anyone would take offense.

I'll give you props for providing good amusement by stirring things up at times when things slow down.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, that seems to be a recurrent theme with you. You step into a conversation like a drunkard shoving people out of the way to get to the punch bowl while ignoring everything around you.

I'll give you props for providing good amusement by stirring things up at times when things slow down.
    HAHA thanks man!

Yes I do that I will admit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Well, since you evidently "don't care," I don't know why I am answering this. You will see my join date to this site is July 2002. I rarely posted until quite recently, because while I always hoped for the best, I wasn't truly persuaded we were going to be better. I like the current team and I am optimistic. I don't care about failures in the past. If it doesn't work out, I'll be disappointed and you will have more ammunition for your particular perspective.
    Then don't include yourself in among the emotional midgets here that have a grade school mentality and 8-year old emotional level.

Look, I enjoy discussing this team in a manner that addresses the facts. No one likes listening to people that treat them as if they want the team to move or want the team to do poorly simply because they don't see any evidence that what the front office has done is making the kind of progress that should be made if a team is genuinely to improve.

This is a cyclical exercise. I haven't posted here much until this season because of the state of the sale of the team my interest has increased. I'm not a message board person. But I've read enough over the years to know that we have this situation every season. You have certain posters, and presumably they're the same ones because the more rational ones wouldn't toggle their opinions like that.

I want the team to stay as much as the next guy, so having people insist that I'm lying is offensive and insulting. Just because I look at the economic and financial facts and don't see them lining up doesn't make a difference and just because I don't shut my eyes and stick my head in the sand and plug my ears repeating over and over to myself "I can't hear you - I can't hear you - I can't hear you" doesn't mean anything. All it means is that people doing that aren't reacting rationally or addressing the facts.

I'd love for this team to win, but I don't see it happening this season, sorry. That doesn't mean that I want them to lose. Instead, I look at why we have the weaknesses that we have, and I challenge and bang on those things. Things like Whaley for example. Sorry, but if Manuel whiffs, the one that should go is Whaley. Period. He's directly responsible for that.

Instead all we hear is about how Whaley's the new up and coming great personnel GM in the league. Really? Is that why we're on the cusp of irrelevance for another few years again if Manuel doesn't work out? ... and without a 1st-rounder next season to do much about it if that happens?

I know I know, Manuel's going to work out, Watkins is going to propel us to the playoffs, and the December 14th Green Bay home game is going to be ice cream and lollipops day at the stadium as rainbows hover overhead as an omen as to the future and if I don't believe that then I hate the team.

It gets old after a while. Meanwhile, I've heard few people say that they care more about the team actually winning than only virtually winning in the preseason or during camp, in discussing a new owner. They seem to be quite content if the team stays and we get 20 more years of non-playoffs added to this record string of futility that will be pushing 20 years if Manuel doesn't work out, and right now the smart money says he won't. But those fans will start telling you how much better fans they are. Really? Since when did settling for losing just so that we can go see them lose become as status symbol for being a fan? I must have missed that.

6. Post thanked by:

THATHURMANATOR (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OK, I've named, in nauseating repetition due to people perpetually challenging it, why it might not.

Go ahead and give us the "concrete" reasons why they will? The only one that I can think of is that someone that is sentimental about the team that has the cash to buy them may overpay to do so, but that still does not solve the new stadium issue that Goodell is on record as saying we need to keep the team here.

So go ahead, list all those "concrete" reasons for us. If you can't, then do us a favor, quit talking about it as if there really are more concrete reasons for them staying than good solid reasons that clearly make more sense for a new owner to move the team.

You're on the clock!
    Here you go, FELCH:

1. The potential legal and political implications faced by any group intending to move the team. Very, very real, and deadly serious. But most of all, incredibly expensive, on top of the purchase price.

2. The stated desire of the NFL to have single, self-finaced owners, ala Pegula.

3. The threat of anti trust lawsuits facing the NFL if a team is moved, not only out of NY State, but especially to Canada. Schumer and his cronies could curb-stomp the NFL in court, and they a rightly afraid. Jerry Jones can kiss my ass. Most NFL owners are not like Jerry Jones. They know they have a license to print money and they have no desire to jeopardize that by poking the bear that is the Federal Trade Commission.

4. The fact that Terry P's bid would already be the highest ever paid for an NFL franchise. It would be one thing to move a team in a situation where keeping them in their current city was untenable, i.e. a dispute over a stadium, poor fan support, lack of a local buyer, but to move a team with excellent fan support and a local, motivated buyer who meets and exceeds NFL criteria? Not happening.

5. The entire process that we're watching unfold would not be happening were it not for Ralph Wilson's explicit and expressed desire for the team to remain in WNY. This is made clear by the formation of the overseers of the trust and by the provisions in the lease that make it basically impossible to move the team until more than enough time has passed to sort out his estate. The situation sets up perfectly for a local, committed owner like Pegula.

There are many more factors, but any single one of the above would likely be enough to keep the team here. But when you add them all together, it paints a very bright picture of a team staying right here, where it belongs.

I'm off the clock and you're still sucking C O C K.

8. Post thanked by:

better days (08-01-2014),jimmifli (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
    HAHA thanks man!

Yes I do that I will admit.
    I respect that!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Then don't include yourself in among the emotional midgets here that have a grade school mentality and 8-year old emotional level.

Look, I enjoy discussing this team in a manner that addresses the facts. No one likes listening to people that treat them as if they want the team to move or want the team to do poorly simply because they don't see any evidence that what the front office has done is making the kind of progress that should be made if a team is genuinely to improve.

This is a cyclical exercise. I haven't posted here much until this season because of the state of the sale of the team my interest has increased. I'm not a message board person. But I've read enough over the years to know that we have this situation every season. You have certain posters, and presumably they're the same ones because the more rational ones wouldn't toggle their opinions like that.

I want the team to stay as much as the next guy, so having people insist that I'm lying is offensive and insulting. Just because I look at the economic and financial facts and don't see them lining up doesn't make a difference and just because I don't shut my eyes and stick my head in the sand and plug my ears repeating over and over to myself "I can't hear you - I can't hear you - I can't hear you" doesn't mean anything. All it means is that people doing that aren't reacting rationally or addressing the facts.

I'd love for this team to win, but I don't see it happening this season, sorry. That doesn't mean that I want them to lose. Instead, I look at why we have the weaknesses that we have, and I challenge and bang on those things. Things like Whaley for example. Sorry, but if Manuel whiffs, the one that should go is Whaley. Period. He's directly responsible for that.

Instead all we hear is about how Whaley's the new up and coming great personnel GM in the league. Really? Is that why we're on the cusp of irrelevance for another few years again if Manuel doesn't work out? ... and without a 1st-rounder next season to do much about it if that happens?

I know I know, Manuel's going to work out, Watkins is going to propel us to the playoffs, and the December 14th Green Bay home game is going to be ice cream and lollipops day at the stadium as rainbows hover overhead as an omen as to the future and if I don't believe that then I hate the team.

It gets old after a while. Meanwhile, I've heard few people say that they care more about the team actually winning than only virtually winning in the preseason or during camp, in discussing a new owner. They seem to be quite content if the team stays and we get 20 more years of non-playoffs added to this record string of futility that will be pushing 20 years if Manuel doesn't work out, and right now the smart money says he won't. But those fans will start telling you how much better fans they are. Really? Since when did settling for losing just so that we can go see them lose become as status symbol for being a fan? I must have missed that.
    Great Post!

I agree I am not sold on the team winning this year. Only chance of that is the light going on for Manuel. I suppose that is possible but I am not holding my breath.

I also don't dismiss your points on the team staying or going. I would tend to think Pegula will win the bid but anything is certainly possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No one likes listening to people that treat them as if they want the team to move or want the team to do poorly simply because they don't see any evidence that what the front office has done is making the kind of progress that should be made if a team is genuinely to improve..
    Why the **** do you keep bringing the front office into a conversation regarding the Bills sale? The front office has absolutely nothing to do with the sale.

And you're full of **** when you say that you want the team to stay. It's obvious from your every post that you're obsessed with the Bills leaving Buffalo.

And you come here, on a BUFFALO BILLS discussion board and you piss all over people who are--GASP--rooting for the Bills to stay in BUFFALO.

You are a jackass, FELCH.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Why the **** do you keep bringing the front office into a conversation regarding the Bills sale? The front office has absolutely nothing to do with the sale..
    Yeah, it's tough when you have the reading comprehension issues that you have. It's right in there, but I understand your inability to relate it.

Enjoy your drunken stupored weekend. I realize that it's just a continuation of your week, but nonetheless. Maybe your boyfriend can help you feel a little better this evening.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's fine. I still agree with Wagon Circler regarding Pegula and regarding the Bills staying put. That argument doesn't seem ridiculous or purely emotive to me.

If Manuel doesn't work out, it doesn't look good for Whaley. Sorry if it is unpopular here, but I think EJ will work out. I wanted the Bills to draft him. I wanted them to trade up and draft Watkins. The last two drafts were agreeable to me; one of the reasons I like Whaley. It's a risk, of course. Most things in life are. I think I ought to be allowed to hold these opinions -- I never said they were anything beyond that -- without being accused of potentially being an emotional midget or some such.

14. Post thanked by:

better days (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    But a funny thing happened. There was scant interest in buying the Bills. Of the 60 non-disclosure agreements Morgan Stanley sent out, only three offers have come in–Bon Jovi’s band, Trump and Pegula.

That is the part that should be of concern to the Bills remaining in Buffalo after the current lease expires.

It looks like Pegula will be purchasing the Bills now, but to assume he will then put in his own money into a new stadium for a team that is unattractive to purchase is a huge leap in faith.

The economic fundamentals are simply not there can be the only reason interest in purchasing the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo is so low.
    Give it up and get a life already. Nobody likes Canadian men.

16. Post thanked by:

better days (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Give it up and get a life already. Nobody likes Canadian men.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm93-rsIzmY

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Is Wys back? I haven't seen someone so obsessed with his own opinion in a long time. At least Op keeps his rants short enough that it only takes 1 swipe of the ipad to scroll past.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The thread about the Buffalo Bills sale becoming a circus, is becoming a circus.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

But a funny thing happened. There was scant interest in buying the Bills. Of the 60 non-disclosure agreements Morgan Stanley sent out, only three offers have come in–Bon Jovi’s band, Trump and Pegula.

That is the part that should be of concern to the Bills remaining in Buffalo after the current lease expires.

It looks like Pegula will be purchasing the Bills now, but to assume he will then put in his own money into a new stadium for a team that is unattractive to purchase is a huge leap in faith.

The economic fundamentals are simply not there can be the only reason interest in purchasing the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo is so low.
    Wow buddy you’re really something, you should really STFU, more so when you bring up the point of not having enough bidders as a negative. For over 10 years I/we had to read your idea that this team will be sold to the highest bidder because old Ralph Wilson didn't have a plan in place to keep the team in Buffalo, you kept harping on an on ad nauseam with this notion until you became unreadable.
    It’s evident that Ralph and his group had a solid plan in place so that the Bills sold to someone with roots in WYN. You not only fail to give the man his due credit but you waste no time going immediately to the next negative crusade on how the Bills will never be viable in Buffalo long term.

You really are miserable , worst part you make the life of the members of this board miserable as well.

Peace out.

21. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (08-02-2014),WagonCircler (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Less and less.
    So, LESS than ZERO.

I think that is a Bob Dylan song.

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    So, LESS than ZERO.

I think that is a Bob Dylan song.
    Less than zero is an Elvis Costello song

Love minus zero, no limit is the Zimmerman song

24. Post thanked by:

better days (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What the hell is in that punch bowl? SPIKED LEMONADE?

REAL men drink BEER & WHISKEY.

Punch Bowls & Spiked Lemonade are for GAYS & WOMEN.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrown View Post
    Less than zero is an Elvis Costello song

Love minus zero, no limit is the Zimmerman song
    Thanks. I am a huge fan of BOTH Elvis & Robert.

27. Post thanked by:

Homegrown (08-01-2014)