Thread: Gilmore Going at Full Tilt

Thanks
    Thanked 7,576 Times in 6,134 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gilmore Going at Full Tilt

PITTSFORD – Doug Marrone equated what Stephon Gilmore did last season to playing with one hand tied behind his back.
    That’s as good an analogy as there is to describe how difficult it was for Gilmore to deal with the broken left wrist that basically submarined his second professional year.
    Just untying his shoes after a practice was a chore, so imagine the struggle it was trying to jam some of the best athletes in the world at the line of scrimmage.
    “Last year, that injury, that was a tough thing to come back from,” Marrone said Thursday after the Bills wrapped up practice at St. John Fisher College. “He’s come out and been like he was in the beginning of last year – prior to the injury. He’s been playing real physical, and he’ll get better and better each day.”
    Gilmore feels like he’s back to being the player he was before getting hurt. That’s good news for the Bills, as the third-year veteran out of South Carolina had the look of a shutdown cornerback at times during his rookie season of 2012.
    “Just getting back out there and playing the game that I know how to play – being physical – feels pretty good,” he said. “At the same time, I’m trying to be smart, so I can do whatever I can do to help this team win.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...wo-bills-drive

We need Gilmore to be special this season.

28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Gilmore Going at Full Tilt

The WR's in our division tend to be softer than most of the league. Having Gilmore able to be physical with guys like Wallace, Dobson, and Decker will certainly help.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just don't get injured please!

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i really really liked how he looked the his rookie year and towards the end of last year. i'm excited to see how he does in the upcoming year
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.