Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wgr: Camp Day #19 - St. John Fisher Winding Down

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: wgr: Camp Day #19 - St. John Fisher Winding Down

Save your breath BD... These 2 guys get off on being contrary and causing a fuss.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (08-21-2014),Dr. Who (08-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, you & other critics of EJ already have your mind made up about him.

What does EJ need to do against the Bears to change your mind about him?

It doesn't matter what he does, he could play a great game and the response would be, "so what it's only one game". While on the other hand, even if he plays an average game, you'll hear "he a bust". There's people that have a preconceived opinion on Manuel and will never change their minds. Which is why you'll hear things like, "he hasn't progressed at all from last year", which comes from people that are not only trying to BS others, but also trying to BS themselves. Unless they're blind, "I see it with my own eyes".

4. Post thanked by:

ServoBillieves (08-22-2014),Yasgur's Farm (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You are the only one trying to convince yourself and others of things that don't exist.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    It doesn't matter what he does, he could play a great game and the response would be, "so what it's only one game". While on the other hand, even if he plays an average game, you'll hear "he a bust". There's people that have a preconceived opinion on Manuel and will never change their minds. Which is why you'll hear things like, "he hasn't progressed at all from last year", which comes from people that are not only trying to BS others, but also trying to BS themselves. Unless they're blind, "I see it with my own eyes".
    Folks that earn a living about commenting and evaluating football players aren't tossing roses at Manuel. Based on his college career, what he has done in his first season, based on what he has shown in the preseason.

Do you think somehow this season, he will bloom into a qb that takes charge, whips up and motivates the troops, his eyes open and sees all the schemes and deceptions a defense may present?

If they decided to offer him up in trade, what do you think BUF would be offered?

He's here, he's the starter. A better discussion would be about how to plan with him as a given. Which, BTW, I think the BUF staff is doing.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Folks that earn a living about commenting and evaluating football players aren't tossing roses at Manuel. Based on his college career, what he has done in his first season, based on what he has shown in the preseason.

Do you think somehow this season, he will bloom into a qb that takes charge, whips up and motivates the troops, his eyes open and sees all the schemes and deceptions a defense may present?

If they decided to offer him up in trade, what do you think BUF would be offered?

He's here, he's the starter. A better discussion would be about how to plan with him as a given. Which, BTW, I think the BUF staff is doing.
    Maybe they're not heaping praise on Manuel, but there have been enough reports from media that have been at the practices and preseason games that are saying Manuel is doing things that he wasn't doing last season and that is progression. Which one of us knows how much better he can become, but he is moving forward and that's all I can ask for at this time. It was said from the time he was drafted he is a project and I'm willing to give him some time instead of just trying to make people believe that he hasn't improved or even more ridiculously say, he's gotten worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I might not like them all, but if people are gonna lie about it, then I'm definitely not gonna like it and I'll call anyone out on it. Just as I have asked for anyone to show something that says he isn't improving and/or getting worse, other than the typical, "I see it with my eyes".

8. Post thanked by:

better days (08-23-2014)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    Maybe they're not heaping praise on Manuel, but there have been enough reports from media that have been at the practices and preseason games that are saying Manuel is doing things that he wasn't doing last season and that is progression. Which one of us knows how much better he can become, but he is moving forward and that's all I can ask for at this time. It was said from the time he was drafted he is a project and I'm willing to give him some time instead of just trying to make people believe that he hasn't improved or even more ridiculously say, he's gotten worse. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I might not like them all, but if people are gonna lie about it, then I'm definitely not gonna like it and I'll call anyone out on it. Just as I have asked for anyone to show something that says he isn't improving and/or getting worse, other than the typical, "I see it with my eyes".
    Who is lying? Who can say anything else but saying "I see with it with my eyes."? That's all a fan can do - they aren't employees, they aren't privy to a private businesses' meetings and inner workings.

Good gosh - 15 years and counting. How can it be possible to give the Bills organization any benefit of the doubt about whatever they do and whatever they utter?

10. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who is lying? Who can say anything else but saying "I see with it with my eyes."? That's all a fan can do - they aren't employees, they aren't privy to a private businesses' meetings and inner workings.

Good gosh - 15 years and counting. How can it be possible to give the Bills organization any benefit of the doubt about whatever they do and whatever they utter?
    The reports are not only coming from the Bills organization. Without me saying any names, I can say I'm not referring to anything you have posted. I know we have different opinions and see things differently, but as far as I can recall you at least offer something that can be looked at and not just pulling it out of thin air and also can try to look at something objectively.
    I will always be a "Homer" but I haven't or will I say that Manuel is going to turn into some great QB, but I'm willing to give him some time to see if he can develop and I'm certainly not willing to label him a bust after 9/10 games.

12. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So I was right.

Nothing EJ does, no matter how well he plays, can get you to change your mind about him.

And my mind is not made up one way or the other. I will let the season play out before I make my mind up about EJ.
    Once again, you're putting words into somebody's mouth that didn't say them. I would change my mind. I don't expect that to happen. This "progression" that kippy sees is in his head. Rewatch the Pittsburgh game.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, someone that has not seen him with their own two eyes is lying if they say that.

And watching the game on TV the little EJ has played so far is not really seeing with my eyes.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Well when you see the exact same flaws in all his FSU videos, saw it all through OTAs & camp last year, out on the field last year, saw it all through OTAs & camp this year then I can make up my mind. You choose to carry on blindly. I could care less.

I said you, not me. Nice try.
    I was not putting words in your mouth, I got them from this post

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was not putting words in your mouth, I got them from this post
    Nowhere did I say I wouldn't change my mind. So you did. See post #28.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, you & other critics of EJ already have your mind made up about him.

What does EJ need to do against the Bears to change your mind about him?
    Well, there is this.

- - - Updated - - -

Well when you see the exact same flaws in all his FSU videos, saw it all through OTAs & camp last year, out on the field last year, saw it all through OTAs & camp this year then I can make up my mind. You choose to carry on blindly. I could care less.

I said you, not me. Nice try.
    Then there is this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nowhere did I say I wouldn't change my mind. So you did. See post #28.
    It sure looks like your mind is made up & you are not about to change it.

But I guess we can both agree, we would both like to see EJ do enough to change your mind about him.
    Last edited by better days; 08-23-2014 at 10:53 AM.

19. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (08-23-2014),Yasgur's Farm (08-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It sure looks like your mind is made up & you are not about to change it.

But I guess we can both agree, we would both like to see EJ do enough to change your mind about him.
    The problem, BD, is that many posters are like Winnie the Pooh, a bear of very little brain, though not as nice. I admire your persistent attempt to fight the good fight.

21. Post thanked by:

better days (08-23-2014),kishoph (08-23-2014)