Thread: CJ Spiller

Thanks
    Thanked 2,409 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

CJ Spiller

Have to post his interview http://audio.wgr550.com/a/95789355/cjspillerwithsbd.htm since it probably showed everyday Spiller.

So far from media, interviews etc., Spiller strikes me as a serious dude. Always has the guards on, trying to say the right thing. But this interview, from the start, showed what he may actually sound like away from the usual pre/post game cameras or microphones. I have heard stories of a few guys like that, e.g. Ray Lewis who people told me that off the cameras, he's very engaging, happy spirited, unlike the image ESPN/NFL put out of the pompous pre-game dance he always did (I guess when the game is on, he's a different person).

One thing that struck me of Spiller's interview is his shock when the interviewer told me they expected the same 6-10 record for the Bills in 2014. It's like he's drawing a blank in his mind, speechless. Spiller is no green rookie who experienced nothing in NFL. In fact I don't believe he had a winning season in NFL. Perhaps that reflects the belief the whole Bills organization from top on down, which is far from fan and media perspective.

I do want to point out that even though the pre-season games didn't show much, Spiller may indeed have a much better season 2014. #1 being healthy for which he freely admitted not at all from the get-go 2013, and this year, he's even doing kickoff returns in pre-season. #2 being in contract year. Agency people will tell you barring injuries, 99% athletes with ability have their best year in their contract year.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (08-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: CJ Spiller

Another thing I took from the interview is that Spiller wants & expects to get a new contract done with the Bills during the season.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I sure hope so. I don't want to have to obsolete yet another jersey.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The thing that angers me is, if you don't think a certain position isn't worth top money in 4 years, don't draft that position high in the first round.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

7. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-23-2014)