Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forbes- All potential Bills buyers under $900 Million

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Forbes- All potential Bills buyers under $900 Million

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    I haven't seen this many conflicting stories in a long time.
    One thing's for sure in that article:

The circus that has been masquerading as the sale of the Buffalo Bills ...

As to "firing Morgan Stanley and starting over with a less restrictive NDA," who says it was Morgan Stanley that created that? Couldn't it have been the trust, or Wilson himself? There's clearly something to protect and it's not a reach to consider that it has something to do with the team not relocating.
    Last edited by Fletch; 08-21-2014 at 01:19 PM.

2. Post thanked by:

Meathead (08-21-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Why are we surprised that a NFL franchise is worth a lot less in Buffalo?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,560 Times in 17,444 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anybody that contends the process has been a circus is a dumbass. From the very beginning, the timeline was basically set as having a new owner in place by the October meetings. and they are on target for that still. The only people creating a circus out of the process are the *******s in the media, especially the douchebags at Forbes.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 3,689 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Anybody that contends the process has been a circus is a dumbass. From the very beginning, the timeline was basically set as having a new owner in place by the October meetings. and they are on target for that still. The only people creating a circus out of the process are the *******s in the media, especially the douchebags at Forbes.
    The first & second stage stuff was fluff. If I walked in there with $1 Billion in my Morgan S account I could own the Bills, they're not turning anyone away. They gave Jim Kelly's phone number to JBJ to try and get JBJ's group to make a competitive bid, Jim basically told him to go fly a kite.

From a Billion $ transaction standpoint, this is a circus.

P.S. JBJ made money on looks & vocal talent, the people around him helped him make more. Don't mistake a good business team for a business giant, he's still a singer & didn't make his first / bigger money in the business field. Your post pining for him was right up there for worst idea ever for the Bills, there's something obviously wrong with you to even mention the idea. Dunk your head in cold water for that, for penance.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-21-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Actually Ralph can pass his entire estate to Mary free of tax, Mary would be subject to estate taxes when she dies. It's called the unlimited marital deduction.
    Except that whole inheritance tax:
    Inheritance Tax

Inheritance tax is imposed as a percentage of the value of a decedent's estate transferred to beneficiaries by will, heirs by intestacy and transferees by operation of law. The tax rate varies depending on the relationship of the heir to the decedent.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,897 Times in 4,019 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BB4ever View Post
    Inheritance Tax

Inheritance tax is imposed as a percentage of the value of a decedent's estate transferred to beneficiaries by will, heirs by intestacy and transferees by operation of law. The tax rate varies depending on the relationship of the heir to the decedent.
    Bill Cody is referring to the Marital Deduction under the Federal Estate tax.

It is an unlimited deduction to all property passing outright to the surviving spouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Inheritance Tax

Bill Cody is referring to the Marital Deduction under the Federal Estate tax.

It is an unlimited deduction to all property passing outright to the surviving spouse.

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

apparently Forbes was wrong...Report: Bid For Bills Tops A Billion

ESPN Bills reporter Mike Rodak discusses the report that Terry Pegula's bid for the team was over $1 billion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

First sentence man. She would be paying a 40% tax on 900 mil then paying taxes again when she sold it.
    http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-...yed/Estate-Tax
    I don't know how you read that. There is nothing about timelines and doing all that valuation can take a long time.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I lowballed my initial bid to feel out the competitors. Morgan Stanley said not good enough, I went up 5 more dollars, they sent me the book. It wasn't the best book because there were no cheerleader pics in it, lot of stupid numbers, and I didn't get to meet any when the Head of Sanitation gave me a tour of the dumpsters, though some people waved to me when I waved to them as a prospective owner near the dumpsters. I always bond with Freegans, I am a man of the people.

Anyway, I'm going as high as $243 in the final round , but my attorney advises me this whole process is a farce. I think that's what he said anyway, I don't speak that dialect of his native tongue, but I'm the customer and the customer is always right so it better be what he said or I'll get another lawyer for the next team I mean to buy if I can get my 50 dollars back from him. If I can't I see it as a relationship of faith and he'd better get me a book with cheerleader pics in it.

I suppose technically I did not bid over 900 million either, as if.

It's a staged spectacle for people that have more money than I do, I am inclined to believe.
    Last edited by Mace; 08-22-2014 at 11:02 PM.

11. Post thanked by:

coastal (08-23-2014),Topas (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,560 Times in 17,444 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To me 'staged' implies the eventual outcome is predetermined, as well as all of the actions leading up to that outcome. To a certain point, yes, it is staged, because the mechanisms and process were put into place by RW to guarantee, as much as feasibly possibly, that the team remain in Buffalo after sold. Good. I'm happy that part is 'staged'. To a certain point it isn't, because there is no way to control who is willing to bid to purchase the team and keep them here, or their actions throughout the process, or how the media reports the progress and the info (true, false, made-up...whatever). The sale of an NFL team is always a 'spectacle', because it very much is news worthy. The entire NFL and everything they do is a 'spectacle', and pretty much a spectacle by intent.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I guess the bids did go over a billion.

Hmmmmmm......
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

14. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (09-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,396 Times in 7,278 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry you didn't win

16. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-10-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I lowballed my initial bid to feel out the competitors. Morgan Stanley said not good enough, I went up 5 more dollars, they sent me the book. It wasn't the best book because there were no cheerleader pics in it, lot of stupid numbers, and I didn't get to meet any when the Head of Sanitation gave me a tour of the dumpsters, though some people waved to me when I waved to them as a prospective owner near the dumpsters. I always bond with Freegans, I am a man of the people.

Anyway, I'm going as high as $243 in the final round , but my attorney advises me this whole process is a farce. I think that's what he said anyway, I don't speak that dialect of his native tongue, but I'm the customer and the customer is always right so it better be what he said or I'll get another lawyer for the next team I mean to buy if I can get my 50 dollars back from him. If I can't I see it as a relationship of faith and he'd better get me a book with cheerleader pics in it.

I suppose technically I did not bid over 900 million either, as if.

It's a staged spectacle for people that have more money than I do, I am inclined to believe.
    Followup....

I had an influx of new Freegan investors, took back my cans, and Larry Quinn finally paid me back the 5 dollars he borrowed in 1987, so my binding bid topped out at $302.25. I also attempted to concede and congratulate Terry Pegula, a personal friend, who pepper sprayed me and had me arrested for being his garage to congratulate him. Oh ho, Mr. Money Guy, I violated an order of protection, well, a bunch of them, simply to be gracious in defeat, and so you make me pay my attorney another $50 to get me out yet again. I see how you are now and it's a good thing we're personal friends or I myself would take it as a negative aspersion on myself.

They made me give the book back with this Nazi SWAT team of burly Morgan Stanley muscle or I'd tell more about it, but I couldn't be bothered to read much of it without cool pictures.

I found the process to be enlightening, and I intend to bid next on some other team when it is for sale. I was telling Jim Kelly my thoughts and he said "I told you to go away now, or I will call the police, friend." (Yes, I am friends with Jim Kelly too as you can see by the quote), and I felt we were on the same page.

I didn't take any pictures of the sales book, but attempted to draw it in Windows Paint and it came out like a rudimentary child's drawing so I feel it's inappropriate to publish it.

I'm optimistic I will one day be accepted as a minority owner, if well, very minority owner, because I am friends with Jim Kelly, certainly intend to meet Gundlach when I can find him (he moves around a lot, savvy), and represent a substantial amount of Freegan investors who I have come to hang out with a lot.

It was a merry chase, and I think it important to mention I, myself, would myself have kept the Bills around here someplace, myself.

Well played Terry !

18. Post thanked by: