Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will The Bills Be Better Than 6-10 or Worse?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Will The Bills Be Better Than 6-10 or Worse?

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Byrd still has not played for the Saints because of his bad back.

It is questionable how well he plays for them this year.

OL clearly worse? DEBATEABLE.

Wait until the final OL is in place the first game against Chicago & we can debate that.
    The OL has been a disaster this off season. And whether Byrd is playing for the Saints or not is irrelevant- he's not playing for us anymore and that's a loss. I know you're going to say Byrd missed a lot of time last year, but we still lost Kiko for the year and have a new system.

2. Post thanked by:

Frenchman (08-21-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    The OL has been a disaster this off season. And whether Byrd is playing for the Saints or not is irrelevant- he's not playing for us anymore and that's a loss. I know you're going to say Byrd missed a lot of time last year, but we still lost Kiko for the year and have a new system.
    Yes the loss of Kiko is HUGE.

Byrd, I don't think is so much of a loss.

Marrone said you can't have both experience & youth.

We lost the experience of Byrd but gained the youth of Duke Williams.

And you have to acknowledge the addition of Spikes.

He has played GREAT so far in preseason & is a leader on the team.
    Last edited by better days; 08-21-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Byrd still has not played for the Saints because of his bad back.

It is questionable how well he plays for them this year.

OL clearly worse? DEBATEABLE.

Wait until the final OL is in place the first game against Chicago & we can debate that.
    Before Marrone & EJ the o-line was a strenght. Now it's a weakness and getting worst.

Last year front 7 played very well & caused many sacks. This year they are missing Kiko - a critical piece. Most importantly, they have a new coach, and new schemes!

DB: Williams may now be in a better position however Byrd was special - that is unquestionable. Overall, the until got worst and with the further inforcement of 5 yard rule, the importance of Safties will escalate making the DBs as whole a Lot worse.

Regarding your statements:

Debatable: technically everything is debatable, including this statement!

Ifs & Ands & Buts : Playing this game is useless and indicitive of a POOR TEAM! During the Super Bowl years did anyone ever say, "only if Kelly plays like an average QB" or "only if the line holds up and gives Kelly time to throw" .....

.... These statements depend on and expect the EXCEPTION to occur which is indicitive of the true status of things.

When it comes to the Bills & Bucs your depending on IFs & ANDs & BUTs to justify your position...

... And when it comes to all the other teams, everything is DEBATEABLE

Worst that 6-10
    Last edited by Mike; 08-21-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Before Marrone & EJ the o-line was a strenght. Now it's a weakness and getting worst.

Last year front 7 played very well & caused many sacks. This year they are missing Kiko - a critical piece. Most importantly, they have a new coach, and new schemes!

DB: Williams may now be in a better position however Byrd was special - that is unquestionable. Overall, the until got worst and with the further inforcement of 5 yard rule, the importance of Safties will escalate making the DBs as whole a Lot worse.

Regarding your statements:

Debatable: technically everything is debatable, including this statement!

Ifs & Ands & Buts : Playing this game is useless and indicitive of a POOR TEAM! During the Super Bowl years did anyone ever say, "only if Kelly plays like an average QB" or "only if the line holds up and gives Kelly time to throw" .....

.... These statements depend on and expect the EXCEPTION to occur which is indicitive of the true status of things.

When it comes to the Bills & Bucs your depending on IFs & ANDs & BUTs to justify your position...

... And when it comes to all the other teams, everything is DEBATEABLE

Worst that 6-10
    Before Marrone & EJ the OL was a STRENGTH?

SERIOUSLY?

I want to see which Bills fan would agree with you on that point from either the Pessimist side or Optimist side.

I think that is one thing ALL Bills fans can agree on, the OL has SUCKED for a LONG TIME.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Before Marrone & EJ the OL was a STRENGTH?

SERIOUSLY?

I want to see which Bills fan would agree with you on that point from either the Pessimist side or Optimist side.

I think that is one thing ALL Bills fans can agree on, the OL has SUCKED for a LONG TIME.
    Typical Homer... You overestimate the Strenghts & Underestimate the weaknesses then when your New HC & QB & FO turn those few Strenghts into weakness you even forget they were ever Strenghts !!!!

Your not a very knowledge and honest fan. Here are O-Line Rankings before Marone & EJ

4. Buffalo Bills (24th)

Run Rank 12th, Pass Rank 2nd, Penalties Rank 6th

Quite the turnaround for a Bills line that did a great job giving it’s quarterback sufficient time, and making life easy for their running backs. The impressive thing is how well the Bills did despite suffering a number of injuries, cutting short the breakout year ofDemetrius Bell (+6.8)and forcing a number of positional shifts.

Best Player:*It’s a testament to*Andy Levitre (+13.3)*that despite having to play center and left tackle at various points of the year that he still put forth such a strong season. One of the better left guards on the year, how good could he be if he was allowed to flourish in one spot?

Worst Player:*It’s always tough to pick on a rookie, but*Chris Hairston (-8.0)*was the weakest of links in his 475 snaps. He didn’t embarrass himself, but such was the quality of the line that he was the only candidate for this category.

PS: some publication had this unit ranked as high as #1 in NFL!!!

Now go find some useless IF & AND OR BUT ARGUMENT....
    "But EJ was a rookie... But he held on the ball too long"....
    At the end of the day a Strenght was turned into a weakness and you forgot all about it!

Inexcusable!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-lines-part-2/

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Typical Homer... You overestimate the Strenghts & Underestimate the weaknesses then when your New HC & QB & FO turn those few Strenghts into weakness you even forget they were ever Strenghts !!!!

Your not a very knowledge and honest fan. Here are O-Line Rankings before Marone & EJ

4. Buffalo Bills (24th)

Quite the turnaround for a Bills line that did a great job giving it’s quarterback sufficient time, and making life easy for their running backs. The impressive thing is how well the Bills did despite suffering a number of injuries, cutting short the breakout year ofDemetrius Bell (+6.8)and forcing a number of positional shifts.

Best Player:*It’s a testament to*Andy Levitre (+13.3)*that despite having to play center and left tackle at various points of the year that he still put forth such a strong season. One of the better left guards on the year, how good could he be if he was allowed to flourish in one spot?

Worst Player:*It’s always tough to pick on a rookie, but*Chris Hairston (-8.0)*was the weakest of links in his 475 snaps. He didn’t embarrass himself, but such was the quality of the line that he was the only candidate for this category.

PS: some publication had this unit ranked as high as #1 in NFL!!!

Now go find some useless IF & AND OR BUT ARGUMENT....
    "But EJ was a rookie... But he held on the ball too long"....
    At the end of the day a Strenght was turned into a weakness and you forgot all about it!

Inexcusable!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-lines-part-2/
    ANY Bills fan will tell you the OL was DECENT at its BEST since the Kelly years.

It was NEVER a strength since then.

Like I said, I want to see ANY Bills fan agree with you about this.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

ANY Bills fan will tell you the OL was DECENT at its BEST since the Kelly years.

It was NEVER a strength since then.

Like I said, I want to see ANY Bills fan agree with you about this.
    Strenght : obviously you don't know what this term means!

Here is more on the 2011 Bills O-Line:

"Overview: The Bills' 2011 offensive line graded out as the NFL's top pass-protecting unit, according to both Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders."

They gave up ONLY 23 Sacks which was LOWEST IN NFL!!!

That is a Strenghts: The ability to do something effectively.

Here are a few more definition of the word strenght since your ignorant:

— noun

the quality or state of being strong; bodily or muscular power; vigor.
    mental power, force, or vigor.
    moral power, firmness, or courage.
    power by reason of influence, authority, resources, numbers, etc.
    number, as of personnel or ships in a force or body: a regiment with a strength of 3000.
    effective force, potency, or cogency, as of inducements or arguments: the strength of his plea.
    power of resisting force, strain, wear, etc.
    vigor of action, language, feeling, etc.
    the effective or essential properties characteristic of a beverage, chemical, or the like: The alcoholic strength of brandy far exceeds that of wine.
    a particular proportion or concentration of these properties; intensity, as of light, color, sound, flavor, or odor: coffee of normal strength.
    something or someone that gives one strength or is a source of power or encouragement; sustenance: The Bible was her strength and joy.
    power to rise or remain firm in prices: Stocks continued to show strength. The pound declined in strength.
    — Idioms

on the strength of, on the basis of; relying on: He was accepted by the college on the strength of ardent personal recommendations.
    Origin: before 900; Middle English strengthe, Old English strengthu; see strong, -th1

— Related forms
    self-strength, noun
    su·per·strength, noun

— Synonyms
    4. Strength, power, force, might suggest capacity to do something. Strength is inherent capacity to manifest energy, to endure, and to resist. Power is capacity to do work and to act. Force is the exercise of power: One has the power to do something. He exerts force when he does it. He has sufficient strength to complete it. Might is power or strength in a great or overwhelming degree: the might of an army. 9. potency. 10. brightness, loudness, vividness, pungency.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Strenght : obviously you don't know what this term means!

"Overview: The Bills' 2011 offensive line graded out as the NFL's top pass-protecting unit, according to both Pro Football Focus and Football Outsiders."

That is a Strenghts: The ability to do something effectively.

Here are a few more definition of the word strenght since your ignorant:

— noun

the quality or state of being strong; bodily or muscular power; vigor.
    mental power, force, or vigor.
    moral power, firmness, or courage.
    power by reason of influence, authority, resources, numbers, etc.
    number, as of personnel or ships in a force or body: a regiment with a strength of 3000.
    effective force, potency, or cogency, as of inducements or arguments: the strength of his plea.
    power of resisting force, strain, wear, etc.
    vigor of action, language, feeling, etc.
    the effective or essential properties characteristic of a beverage, chemical, or the like: The alcoholic strength of brandy far exceeds that of wine.
    a particular proportion or concentration of these properties; intensity, as of light, color, sound, flavor, or odor: coffee of normal strength.
    something or someone that gives one strength or is a source of power or encouragement; sustenance: The Bible was her strength and joy.
    power to rise or remain firm in prices: Stocks continued to show strength. The pound declined in strength.
    — Idioms

on the strength of, on the basis of; relying on: He was accepted by the college on the strength of ardent personal recommendations.
    Origin: before 900; Middle English strengthe, Old English strengthu; see strong, -th1

— Related forms
    self-strength, noun
    su·per·strength, noun

— Synonyms
    4. Strength, power, force, might suggest capacity to do something. Strength is inherent capacity to manifest energy, to endure, and to resist. Power is capacity to do work and to act. Force is the exercise of power: One has the power to do something. He exerts force when he does it. He has sufficient strength to complete it. Might is power or strength in a great or overwhelming degree: the might of an army. 9. potency. 10. brightness, loudness, vividness, pungency.
    Learn how to spell the word strength, then get back to me.

I still haven't seen anyone agree with you.

Not even the people on this board that hate me.

10. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-22-2014),ServoBillieves (08-22-2014)

April Showers & Easter 2024! Frenchman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You can only hope that EJ will be great in his second year. Just really need to stand by the coach and staff. Trust to see what they are doing.
    ​April Showers and Easter!

12. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Why so? What makes you think the Bills will be 1 or 2 games worse than last year?
    1) We lost Kiko to injury (he was huge last year, probably worth 2 losses just losing him for the season)
    2) We lost Jarius Byrd to FA (this loss will hurt us big time)
    3) That O-line looks worse then last years
    4) Fred Jackson is still the best running back on this team... at 32 years old.
    5) we'll miss stevie johnson
    6) have you seen the schedule? where are there 7 winable games on it? there are 2-5 at MOST... frankly i could see us rolling into the bye week at 2-6, and then scrapping up 2 more wins the rest of the way. horrid looking schedule to me
    7) What has EJ done to earn any trust he's going to be significantly better (he'll have to be to get us just to 500 this year)?
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

14. Post thanked by:

swiper (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Strength : obviously you don't know what this term means!

That is a Strengths: The ability to do something effectively.
    Don't bother arguing with idiots. First, Spikes is one of my favorite players on this team. I look for his name in every report that's been printed. No one has said he is playing great. No one. Solid. Yes he has been. But nowhere has anyone used the word great. That's your first idea you're talking to a homer idiot. Second, it was well documented that line was that good. Another example of the Bills not having a QB to take advantage of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

4. Buffalo Bills (24th)

Maybe if you used stats from 2012 instead of 2011, your argument might hold a little more water.
    In 2012 (the year before Marone & EJ) the pass offense was ranked 25th and the rushing offense was ranked 6th.
    In 2013 (Marone & EJ's 1st year) the passing offense dropped to 28th and the rushing offense went up to #2.
    BTW in both 2012 and 2013 for total yds. the team ranked 19th both years. In 2012 344 points scored, in 2013 239 points scored. Also let's not forget the starting QB missed 6 games, the #1 WR missed 4 games and both Freddy and Spiller played injured a good part of the year. Also the scoring differential went from -5.7 g (2012) to -3.1 g (2013)
    So where is this great decline in the offense ? "Your not a very knowledge and honest fan".

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/buf/2013.htm
    Last edited by kishoph; 08-22-2014 at 04:55 AM.

17. Post thanked by:

better days (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Let's compare rookie completion percentages.

Todd Collins: 48%

Rob Johnson: 43%

Doug Flutie: 50%

Alex Van Pelt: 56%

Drew Bledsoe: 50%

JP Losman: 60% (in 4 games, he went 3 for 5 pass attempts)

Trent Edwards: 56%

Ryan Fitzpatrick: 56%
    LMAO

Man you're desperate. Johnson's rookie season in Jax you're using, 3 for 7 passing, not one start?

Collins, 1 start? Really?

If you're trying to convince everyone that Manuel will be a composite of all of those QBs you might be doing a good job. Would that, or should that, excite anyone though?

By the way, you forgot Holcomb.

Here's what matters.

Manuel: 1st rounder, 16th overall

Collins: 2nd round, 45th overall (the highest that Manuel should have been)

Johnson: 4th round, 99th overall

Flutie: 11th round, 285th overall

AVP: 8th round, 216th overall

Bledsoe: 1st round, 1st overall (he still sucked)

Losman: 1st, 22nd (he still sucked)

Edwards: 3rd, 92nd

Fitzpatrick: 7th , 250th

The only QBs drafted by us were Collins, Losman, and Edwards.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    1) We lost Kiko to injury (he was huge last year, probably worth 2 losses just losing him for the season)
    6) have you seen the schedule? where are there 7 winable games on it? there are 2-5 at MOST... frankly i could see us rolling into the bye week at 2-6, and then scrapping up 2 more wins the rest of the way. horrid looking schedule to me
    7) What has EJ done to earn any trust he's going to be significantly better (he'll have to be to get us just to 500 this year)?
    Jackson's 33 by the way, oldest RB in the league.

I would add to that that it is questionable whether Marrone still has control over his players and the team in general.

I too think that we're looking at 2-14 to 5-11.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I predict I may wake up tomorrow.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

I would add to that that it is questionable whether Marrone still has control over his players and the team in general.

Tom Brady is 37 years old.

So what?

22. Post thanked by:

Blondie (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Don't bother arguing with idiots. First, Spikes is one of my favorite players on this team. I look for his name in every report that's been printed. No one has said he is playing great. No one. Solid. Yes he has been. But nowhere has anyone used the word great. That's your first idea you're talking to a homer idiot. Second, it was well documented that line was that good. Another example of the Bills not having a QB to take advantage of it.
    The Bills run defense with Spikes in the middle of it has not been solid in preseason games, they have been GREAT.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

Says who ?
    Saying something like this team could go 2-14 really does nothing for you credibility not only as a "Bills fan" but as a football fan in general. Although it does enhance the popular belief of this board, that you are a troll.

25. Post thanked by:

better days (08-22-2014),BillsImpossible (08-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    Please explain how the loss of Byrd with his bad back & 4 ints last year will hurt us big time.

The OL has not been set yet, it is in a state of flux, lets talk when 5 players are in place on the OL.

Tom Brady is the best QB on the Pats* at 37 years old.

Stevie put up less than 600 yds last year. Williams & Watkins should both exceed that this year.

And nobody knows how tough or easy the schedule is yet. There are always some teams that are better than expected & some that are worse.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post

It stands to reason you are the one idiot that agreed with Mike that the OL was good.