Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Like The Tone Doug Marrone Is Setting

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I Like The Tone Doug Marrone Is Setting

It's not desperate, it's an urgent sense of reality and Marrone is wearing the tone on his sleeve.

He's acting like a coach that knows this franchise hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 years. I like that.

Doug Marrone has a very convincing sense of urgency, and he's acting like this season is do or die time. Good.

I don't think that sense of urgency comes from his own vulnerability, it is genuine because he really cares about winning and being great.

Doug Marrone wants to win, and he's acting like a ***** which is what good coaches do.

No more pampers like Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey put on the Bills.

Thank God! When's the last time this team had a head coach that was an assertive *****?

Belichick is a *****. Bill Parcells is a *****. Tom Coughlin is a *****. Jon Gruden is a *****. Jimmy Johnson is a *****. Harbaugh is a *****.

Count the rings.

There's a difference between being a ***** like those above, and being a dick like Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey.

The Buffalo Bills need a ***** of a coach to pop the 14 year playoff drought bubble.

Doug Marrone has done everything he can possibly do to have his team ready to go against the Bears.

I like his leadership, and I like how he's taking a stand. He's the most vocal, articulate, outspoken, assertive ***** of a coach this team has had since Marv Levy dropped F bombs on the sidelines of RWS.

2. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (08-28-2014),Meathead (08-28-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I Like The Tone Doug Marrone Is Setting

So Marrone is a *****

Greggo was a dick

dick.. was a Jauron

Chan was...confused ?

4. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (08-28-2014),Mr B (08-29-2014),ublinkwescore (08-28-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,449 Times in 17,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Depends on how the team reacts...he could just as easily lose them if he's not careful.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

6. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (08-28-2014),Meathead (08-28-2014)

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    So Marrone is a *****

Greggo was a dick

dick.. was a Jauron

Chan was...confused ?
    Chan was a loser.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    Chan was a loser.
    Yet that POS found a way to win 7 games per season.

I agree he was not good enough but what we got now can't approach his understanding of football.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,857 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

They have all been losers since Wade.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (08-28-2014),Historian (08-28-2014),Mr B (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Chan was a loser.
    LOL

Not according to everyone here when he was hired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    They have all been losers since Wade.
    Only after three seasons.

When they were hired the expectations here exceeded those of this season's team by a long shot.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Doug Marrone has done everything he can possibly do to have his team ready to go against the Bears.
    Yeah, with all of that scoring in the preseason by the 1st team we can now hit the ground running.

You talk as if Marrone has nothing to do with it but motivation and that all that a good coach does is motivate the team and then let's the chips fall where they may.

You don't see any major differences between Marrone and Belichick, Parcells, Coughlin, Gruden, Johnson, or either Harbaugh? Seriously?

Marrone often had a confused, perplexed, and dejected look last season during games that I don't think I've ever seen from any of the coaches you mentioned.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

belicheat is actually a mediocre cheater of a coach who lucked into the best qb of all time that makes him look waaaaay smarter than the rest of his coaching record reveals. but i get your point
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

14. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (08-28-2014),DynaPaul (08-28-2014),Fletch (08-28-2014),Mr B (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Chan was a loser.
    Spiller doesn't think so.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    belicheat is actually a mediocre cheater of a coach who lucked into the best qb of all time that makes him look waaaaay smarter than the rest of his coaching record reveals. but i get your point
    I couldn't agree with you more. I wouldn't say that he's a mediocre defensive coach, he's tops there. But as a head coach, way, way, way overrated.

He couldn't do jack with other QBs that did much better elsewhere, like Testeverde who left him and Cleveland and put up twice the numbers in Baltimore the following year I think it was.

Brady has made Belicheat, not visa versa. Let's not forget, he didn't recognize any talent in particular in Brady, it took an early season-ending injury to Bledsoe to get him to play Brady, kinda like it took a heart attack to Terry Bledsoe, our then GM, to promote Polian into the role of GM here.

Once Brady is no longer his QB you'll see his teams regularly post 8-8 to 11-5 records tops, and that's if our division continues to remain the way it is apart from the Pats.

I doubt that Belicheat ever wins another championship. His team has been the Super Bowl favorite just about every season since his last one and he still can't win one more in 9 seasons.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 2,184 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

I doubt that Belicheat ever wins another championship. His team has been the Super Bowl favorite just about every season since his last one and he still can't win one more in 9 seasons.
    that just sounds so dumb. you know how hard it is to win a SB. He's won 3. It's too late to say Belicheat is overrated, he's not. he'll go down as one of the best head coaches of all time. I understand Brady is the reason, but he's surrounded Brady with stellar talent for over a decade.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

18. Post thanked by:

Jry44 (08-28-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    that just sounds so dumb. you know how hard it is to win a SB. He's won 3. It's too late to say Belicheat is overrated, he's not. he'll go down as one of the best head coaches of all time. I understand Brady is the reason, but he's surrounded Brady with stellar talent for over a decade.
    The Pats have been favored to win the SB at the beginning of 8 of the last 9 seasons IIRC. It's been at least 7.

Their playoff record during that stretch is hardly impressive, they've lost to inferior teams three times in the Conference Championships and were outplayed and beaten by inferior Giants teams twice in the SB, once vastly inferior. Not once have his Pats lost to a better team in the playoffs, not once. At least not a better team on paper. He's had his ass routinely handed to him by Harbaugh and the Ravens and even by Ryan at times when Ryan's had half of what Belicheat has had to work with.

If Belicheat were as good as everyone says he is then those things wouldn't have happened.

He's fortunate to have been in the AFCE all this time and to have had Brady.

He is highly overrated. He's got a great mind for D, but otherwise is ridiculously overrated.
    Last edited by Fletch; 08-28-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,168 Times in 13,657 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's not desperate, it's an urgent sense of reality and Marrone is wearing the tone on his sleeve.

He's acting like a coach that knows this franchise hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 years. I like that.

Doug Marrone has a very convincing sense of urgency, and he's acting like this season is do or die time. Good.

I don't think that sense of urgency comes from his own vulnerability, it is genuine because he really cares about winning and being great.

Doug Marrone wants to win, and he's acting like a ***** which is what good coaches do.

Thank God! When's the last time this team had a head coach that was an assertive *****?

Belichick is a *****. Bill Parcells is a *****. Tom Coughlin is a *****. Jon Gruden is a *****. Jimmy Johnson is a *****. Harbaugh is a *****.

Count the rings.

There's a difference between being a ***** like those above, and being a dick like Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey.

The Buffalo Bills need a ***** of a coach to pop the 14 year playoff drought bubble.

I like his leadership, and I like how he's taking a stand. He's the most vocal, articulate, outspoken, assertive ***** of a coach this team has had since Marv Levy dropped F bombs on the sidelines of RWS.
    Ok time to come clean. Are you actually delusional enough to believe the drivel that you post, or are you jus trollig and attempting to piss people off by being overtly positive over situations that are clearly negative?

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,970 Times in 15,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Uhh I love these guys...and I love this game....and...."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Kay Stevenson: "Uhhhh, I saw a lot of character out there....'

23. Post thanked by:

gebobs (08-28-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hank Bullough: "Duh....they really took the sails out of our winds!"

25. Post thanked by:

gebobs (08-28-2014),Meathead (08-28-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wade: "Uh...he'll be the punt catcher...yea."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Williams: "Sam Cowart will play where i tell him to play!"

28. Post thanked by:

ublinkwescore (08-28-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    He couldn't do jack with other QBs that did much better elsewhere, like Testeverde who left him and Cleveland and put up twice the numbers in Baltimore the following year I think it was.

Brady has made Belicheat, not visa versa. Let's not forget, he didn't recognize any talent in particular in Brady, it took an early season-ending injury to Bledsoe to get him to play Brady, kinda like it took a heart attack to Terry Bledsoe, our then GM, to promote Polian into the role of GM here.
    He won 11 games with Matt Cassell at QB. He won 11 games with Testaverde at QB. Currently, 3 NFL teams are opening the season this year with QBs that Belichick had in NE, and they were all low picks (Brady - 6th, Cassell - 7th, Hoyer - UDFA). It isn't like he fell into a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, he had guys who were afterthoughts and made them better.

I understand the hatred for Belichick, he is an egomaniac and a *****. However, you can't deny what a great coach he is, at least if you watch his teams play. Brady isn't the only reason the Patriots win. They win because their teams are consistently prepared better than most teams. They win because Belichick is one of the best coaches in NFL history at managing the game from the sideline. Mediocre coach? I'm dumbfounded by that logic.

It is really hard to win in the NFL. A good coach may only reach 11 wins once every few years or so.
    Last edited by GingerP; 08-28-2014 at 08:52 AM.