Thread: What is so bad about this offensive line

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What is so bad about this offensive line

Glenn Urbik Wood Kuandijo Henderson

I know kuandijo is about 1-2 inches to tall and maybe 5-10 pounds to light but i still think he'd be better at a less athletic position like G. Urbik, glenn and wood are all our best lineman. If our line struggles then we at least need a side we can count on. Its better to have one weak side then holes all over in different spots. The right side needs to be strong. Henderson and Kuandijo are mamoths and Wood can help Kuandijo for double teams as long as Urbik can handle one on ones ok. This is a lineup i would attempt because based on potential this could be dominant.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What is so bad about this offensive line

In case you you've been following some other sport, Urbik is dead man walking with this HC.

3. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-28-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,276 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ive noticed. Doesn't change the fact that he's the best guard we have

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

These guys are going to whiff on assignments for a while, but once they gel I think Glenn-Richardson-Wood-Pears-Henderson will be solid.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

6. Post thanked by:

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Too* Kouandjio* than* mammoths*

Case in point, no. Kouandjio has looked atrocious in game at RT, so why kick him inside to RG when Pears has outperformed him at RT and would be more suitable in the Bills' fan notion that "every tackle who moves inside is immediately a force of nature!"? We also signed Williams to play LG, barring his injury being serious that's not going to be taken away from him. Although... with the release of Branch, it does look like the front office will do away with players that are not performing even with $$$ thrown their way. I'd rather see Richardson progress and fill that void. Urbik is what he is.

Glenn (Yay!) - Williams (Meh) - Wood (Woohoo!) - Pears (He moved from tackle to G, so he's now top 5 at his position) - Henderson.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post

I know kuandijo is about 1-2 inches to tall and maybe 5-10 pounds to light but i still think he'd be better at a less athletic position like G.
    If Kujo dresses for a single game this year I'll be surprised and it will mean multiple injuries. He's absolutely blown dogs at tackle and he has no experience at guard. He sits and he's lucky not to be cut.

9. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (08-28-2014),Mr. Pink (08-28-2014)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by bleve View Post
    These guys are going to whiff on assignments for a while, but once they gel I think Glenn-Richardson-Wood-Pears-Henderson will be solid.
    Yeah right now that is our starting OL.

Kouandjio would be cut this week if he was not our 2nd round pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Kujo is one of the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen play.

He makes a turnstile look good.

12. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,415 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe Kouandjio can take over at RG next year if he beefs up a little and develops his game, but it doesn't look like he should be on the field anytime soon. He just turned 21 so there shouldn't be a rush to get him out there this year. Especially with Henderson stepping up. For better or worse Williams is our starting LG, but I hope the OG position can be upgraded next year.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Saw something interesting from one of the writers at Buffalo Rumblings. He pointed out the Bills have a big offensive line suited for a power game but use a zone blocking scheme better suited for quick agile linemen.

15. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 30,560 Times in 17,444 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What is so bad about this offensive line is the fact that Urbik and Wood are two of the top three players.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    What is so bad about this offensive line is the fact that Urbik and Wood are two of the top three players.
    I still wonder why Marrone is so vexed by Urbik. I don't think he's that bad if not exactly all pro. Was funny too Wood referring to Urbik in some interview I read, called him "Urbik."

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cali512 View Post

I know kuandijo is about 1-2 inches to tall and maybe 5-10 pounds to light but i still think he'd be better at a less athletic position like G. Urbik, glenn and wood are all our best lineman. If our line struggles then we at least need a side we can count on. Its better to have one weak side then holes all over in different spots. The right side needs to be strong. Henderson and Kuandijo are mamoths and Wood can help Kuandijo for double teams as long as Urbik can handle one on ones ok. This is a lineup i would attempt because based on potential this could be dominant.
    Well, first, that line features two rookies playing next to each other in Henderson and Kwyjibo. We screwed EJ last year with inexperienced WR's- now you want to screw him this year with an inexperienced OL? Don't get me wrong- I'm not making excuses for EJ. What I'm saying is that having two rookies on the OL is EXACTLY the kind of excuse Russ Brandon will use to not replace EJ next year, even if he is the worst QB in the league this year.

Second, Kwyjibo's play has been universally destroyed by everyone who has paid a modicum of attention to this team in the off-season. Maybe he's a bust, maybe he just needs time to develop (which isn't uncommon for O-line), but he's not ready now.

Third, Urbik may not even make the final roster.

But hey, 2 out of 5 ain't bad, right?

19. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if Ubrick's not on opening day roster the coaching staff should be fired.

He was the only o-lineman who looked like he belonged on the football field today.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,300 Times in 13,730 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    if Ubrick's not on opening day roster the coaching staff should be fired.

He was the only o-lineman who looked like he belonged on the football field today.
    just for the record, I'm out of market and didn't see tonight's game. The NFLN replay isn't until Sun, and given how bad the game went and the fact that it's the fifth ****ing preseason game, I'm not gonna waste my time watching.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    just for the record, I'm out of market and didn't see tonight's game. The NFLN replay isn't until Sun, and given how bad the game went and the fact that it's the fifth ****ing preseason game, I'm not gonna waste my time watching.
    trust me you don't want to watch it. it was as disgusting as the game thread makes it sound. That was some terrible football. kick a puppy or something. that would be more productive then watching that mess.

23. Post thanked by:

CoolBreeze (08-28-2014),OpIv37 (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    trust me you don't want to watch it. it was as disgusting as the game thread makes it sound. That was some terrible football. kick a puppy or something. that would be more productive then watching that mess.
    First game i've been to in 5 years. We couldn't even score 3 points. It's still preseason, so I'm not too concerned. Not until we look that bad in the regular season will I lose faith in this team. But my only observation is yes Kouandjio is terrible, at least at RT. He was an excellent LT at Alabama. But his speed and/or laziness is terrible. Move him inside, for everyones sake. Speed rushing defensive ends are having their way with him 9 out of every 10 plays

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    First game i've been to in 5 years. We couldn't even score 3 points. It's still preseason, so I'm not too concerned. Not until we look that bad in the regular season will I lose faith in this team. But my only observation is yes Kouandjio is terrible, at least at RT. He was an excellent LT at Alabama. But his speed and/or laziness is terrible. Move him inside, for everyones sake. Speed rushing defensive ends are having their way with him 9 out of every 10 plays
    He had the same issue at Alabama against speed rushing ends which you didn't see often because, well, not everyone at the NCAA level is extremely athletic. Problem is in the NFL, almost every DE has speed and they're all athletic.