X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can we take a break from the doom and gloom

I just want to see a QB that can deliver a pass. I thought Lewis had better arm strength and accuracy than Manual, then he lays an egg in preseason.
    I can start the season clean but its hard when you see last year shaping up all over again.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Gibby
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
      Look preseason is over we have 10 days to watch the bills game, can we all just move on from the preseason. Plenty of great teams look like garbage in the preseason and plenty of crap teams look awesome in the preseason.

Lets just wait till week one before we start saying anything at all about how bad or how good this or that will be.

Sorry for being a debby downer I am over 30 and just tired of this whinning and complaining about stuff that at this point does not matter at all, and to be perfectly honest there is no way to gauge anything from the preseason HISTORY HAS PROVEN THIS.
      The hilite films from the early nineties are only an hour or so a piece and as such even if we had the entire late eighties and nineties, the gloom would only abate for about 12 hours.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
        I just want to see a QB that can deliver a pass. I thought Lewis had better arm strength and accuracy than Manual, then he lays an egg in preseason.
        I can start the season clean but its hard when you see last year shaping up all over again.
        I think Lewis dogged it to get another gig.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Gibby
          • Jun 2006

Seriously, want less doom and gloom? Give us wins and prove that the team has been holding off on keeping the ball and scoring in the redzone.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
            I am looking forward to seeing who the Bills pick up from other teams cuts.
            Orson Charles?
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• chris66
              • Sep 2006

Look preseason is over we have 10 days to watch the bills game, can we all just move on from the preseason. Plenty of great teams look like garbage in the preseason and plenty of crap teams look awesome in the preseason.

Lets just wait till week one before we start saying anything at all about how bad or how good this or that will be.

Sorry for being a debby downer I am over 30 and just tired of this whinning and complaining about stuff that at this point does not matter at all, and to be perfectly honest there is no way to gauge anything from the preseason HISTORY HAS PROVEN THIS.
              History has also shown that the Bills do carry a crappy preseason over to a crappy regular season as well

Comment

• chris66
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                There are plenty of them. Unfortunately none play for the Bills

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

You know what history has also proven? This team has a horrible QB and a horrible OC.

Or did suddenly in the offseason did EJ become great and is just hiding it? Did Hackett become a genius over the offseason and hid it in preseason too?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Oh, and as far as taking a break from the doom and gloom:

I don't know how to take a break from reality. The doom and gloom is a direct result of the lack of performance on the field. It will go away when the team performs- if it doesn't, then you'll have a right to complain.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                      • Aug 2013

This year feels very similar to that year we tried to do the no-huddle offense with Trent Edwards.

The preseason was an absolute disaster and foreshadowed an abortion of a season.

Sadface.

Comment

• cookie G
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                        This year feels very similar to that year we tried to do the no-huddle offense with Trent Edwards.

The preseason was an absolute disaster and foreshadowed an abortion of a season.

Sadface.
                        Mmmhmm...that year we got TO and we were going to go balls to the wall. THE GREATEST SHOW ON SNOW!!!!

And then...

dink
                        dink
                        dunk
                        dunk

punt
                        punt
                        punt
                        punt

This year we got the incredible rookie WR with unlimited talent and the most talented WR corps in a number of years

dink
                        dink
                        misfire
                        dunk

punt
                        punt
                        punt
                        punt

I don't mind deja vu if it involves really good sex, but this kind of deja vu I can do without.

Comment

• sudzy
                          • Apr 2013

When this team gets a GOOD QB, you'll get your break from doom and gloom.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                            • Jul 2005

Posters,

When I first joined this board I really appreciate the insight into the local coverage of the bills as I live in Nevada. This board was the anti BBMB.com as it was filled with football fans that actually talked football Xs and Os. Unfortunately this board has become just as bad as BBMB.com. I have no idea if it has to do with the 14 years of suck (which is very frustrating but never this bad), or the combination of impatience and giving up next years first which could be a high pick.

That being said I wish all of you the best in your personal and professional life as I am taking a sabbatical from reading or posting. The constant negativity is just bothersome to even see. Please heed my advice the bills are not worth all this pain and frustration, enjoy watching football and let it go right after the game and hang out with the family and friends win or lose. For too long I used to let the bills ruin or make my whole week, and last year I said enough and it was great.

I just want to talk football Xs and Os, college football players, and NFL free agents.

Comment

• Jry44
                              • Apr 2013

Didn't the 49ers first team offense only score something like 3 points all preseason?

Comment

• Swiper
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by better days View Post
                                I am looking forward to seeing who the Bills pick up from other teams cuts.
                                The Bills have conditioned you to this. Fans of good teams look forward to seeing which sad-sack teams pick up their cast-offs.

It's what happens when you root for a perpetual loser.

Comment

Working...
                                X