Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we take a break from the doom and gloom

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Can we take a break from the doom and gloom

Look preseason is over we have 10 days to watch the bills game, can we all just move on from the preseason. Plenty of great teams look like garbage in the preseason and plenty of crap teams look awesome in the preseason.

Lets just wait till week one before we start saying anything at all about how bad or how good this or that will be.

Sorry for being a debby downer I am over 30 and just tired of this whinning and complaining about stuff that at this point does not matter at all, and to be perfectly honest there is no way to gauge anything from the preseason HISTORY HAS PROVEN THIS.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (08-29-2014),Northern Stampede (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Can we take a break from the doom and gloom

I am looking forward to seeing who the Bills pick up from other teams cuts.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As much as I agree, I think the sense of deflation is around us. After 14 years of not fielding a contender, we as Bills fans expect greatness, or at least the aptitude to put the ball in the end zone ONCE in the preseason.

Until the stats count, I hold my breath, but there is 0 confidence from fans in this teams ability heading on the road to Chicago in Week 1. Does preseason mean anything? Not in the slightest, but we deserve better.

5. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (08-29-2014)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,857 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox24 View Post
    Plenty of great teams look like garbage in the preseason and plenty of crap teams look awesome in the preseason.
    This isn't the Kelly Era Bills.

This team hasn't made the playoffs in 14 years and this preseason they gave us no indication that they would be even better than 6-10 from last year.

Enjoy the Top 3 pick next year Cleveland.

7. Post thanked by:

coastal (08-29-2014),Fletch (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,168 Times in 13,657 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Look preseason is over we have 10 days to watch the bills game, can we all just move on from the preseason. Plenty of great teams look like garbage in the preseason and plenty of crap teams look awesome in the preseason.

Lets just wait till week one before we start saying anything at all about how bad or how good this or that will be.

Sorry for being a debby downer I am over 30 and just tired of this whinning and complaining about stuff that at this point does not matter at all, and to be perfectly honest there is no way to gauge anything from the preseason HISTORY HAS PROVEN THIS.
    Actually history has proven the opposite. For the last 14 years, this team has shown glaring holes in preseason that turned out to be glaring holes in the regular season.

9. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (08-29-2014),Fletch (08-29-2014),Slick (08-30-2014),TacklingDummy (08-29-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i absolutely refuse to ignore that the bills have looked horrible this summer until one millisecond after opening kickoff when i will magically remember that preseason is meaningless just like i do every year but still never manage to recall
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

11. Post thanked by:

Fletch (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,336 Times in 7,239 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can wait till after the Bears game to start *****ing but you can see the writing on the wall.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Actually history has proven the opposite. For the last 14 years, this team has shown glaring holes in preseason that turned out to be glaring holes in the regular season.
    Not only that, but the team really hasn't changed that much from last season to this one, and losing Byrd and Alonso aren't going to be made up for by Spikes.

The media's talking about how well the D played yesterday. LOL Did they bother to notice that Detroit didn't even bother fielding their 1st-team O? What, are they ***** kidding me.

Exactly. But at least Marrone's content not to have shown anyone our glaring holes, so we'll have the element of surprise working for us.

Also, Manuel's been "saved" for the season. What a relief that is.

14. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I also am not seeing the hype on Watkins. Even before he got hurt he was very unimpressive in preseason. Now he's hurt.

At least that will be a nice excuse for him and the team and those that think that the move to acquire him was a good one.

16. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (08-29-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,970 Times in 15,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We've never won in Chicago...

Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom Homegrown's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"That doom and gloom stuff ain't going to cut it with me, I never think doom and gloom and will never, ever, ever think doom and gloom. Next question."

- Gregg Williams, after a 46-26 loss to Indy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bills-...en-up-1.299295

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The history I was referring to is the history of all 32 teams.

I acknowledge that the bills past has been a problem and a very large reason for why people are all doom and gloom, but until 1300 7 September 2014 it means absolutely nothing.

That being said if the bills suck in the season then people need to ask about why they suck and were so vanilla in the preseason when they could have worked on their stuff, but if by some miracle they are a good team then it means nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,168 Times in 13,657 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The history I was referring to is the history of all 32 teams.

I acknowledge that the bills past has been a problem and a very large reason for why people are all doom and gloom, but until 1300 7 September 2014 it means absolutely nothing.

That being said if the bills suck in the season then people need to ask about why they suck and were so vanilla in the preseason when they could have worked on their stuff, but if by some miracle they are a good team then it means nothing.
    I think the history you are referring to is skewed because you are focusing on results. Yes, many teams that lost all their preseason games did well, and many teams that won all their preseason games did poorh.

But the results aren't what matters. It's how the starters played. There are much fewer examples of starters struggling in the preseason only to do well when the season starts, and most of those date back to the pre-free agency days when teams would only lose one or two starters in the off-season.

21. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Want to take a break from doom and gloom?

Log out.

There isn't going to be a Bills message Board anywhere that isn't doom and gloom. It's the general nature of the beast. People witness a train wreck, they'll want to vent their frustrations.

Enjoy the long weekend, and don't think about the Bills until at least Thursday.

That's the only way I can stay positive - by not reading about how bad this team is. The negativism is ubiquitous.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The last 14 years have been nothing but doom and gloom and I don't see the clouds parting in the sky just yet. What did we do to become so cursed by the NFL gods?

24. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (08-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just want to see a QB that can deliver a pass. I thought Lewis had better arm strength and accuracy than Manual, then he lays an egg in preseason.
    I can start the season clean but its hard when you see last year shaping up all over again.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The hilite films from the early nineties are only an hour or so a piece and as such even if we had the entire late eighties and nineties, the gloom would only abate for about 12 hours.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    I just want to see a QB that can deliver a pass. I thought Lewis had better arm strength and accuracy than Manual, then he lays an egg in preseason.
    I can start the season clean but its hard when you see last year shaping up all over again.
    I think Lewis dogged it to get another gig.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seriously, want less doom and gloom? Give us wins and prove that the team has been holding off on keeping the ball and scoring in the redzone.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing who the Bills pick up from other teams cuts.
    Orson Charles?