Thread: So no one in OBD knows QB?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So no one in OBD knows QB?

I haven't given up on EJ yet - he's a project, just like everyone said when he came out. I guess we don't really care about pre-season results, it's just EJ hasn't passed our eye test, regardless how vanilla plays they ran so far.

The one beef I have with this version of Bills management is something we can relate to this current draft:

We took Preston Brown in the 3rd and Randell Johnson in the 7th, virtually same position; we took Kouandijo 2nd and Henderson in the 7th, again virtually same position. You don't expect the 7th round guy to work out but you take a chance.

It looks like both Johnson and Henderson may work out. Henderson probably saved face Whaley and Marrone big time this time.

But they won't do this for the most important position of the football team, the QB.

When they gave Fitz the big contract, they wouldn't look a chance on Russell Wilson, which, they might had Fitz bombed a little earlier.

When they drafted Manuel, they won't take another one.

If this team has a position to waste a draft pick on, I don't know where else than QB. I don't mind Losman pick; I don't mind Edwards pick. Just keep on coming until you get one.

2. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (08-29-2014),casdhf (08-29-2014),Mace (08-29-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,455 Times in 9,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So no one in OBD knows QB?

I'm less bothered about Manuel being the obvious project QB he is, than I am that they hired no QB coach year 1 then a bad one year 2, without a vet to mentor and tutor him in either year. Imho that is where Whaley/Marrone sealed their fate no matter when the hammer finally drops on them. Trading up for Watkins, trading for Mike Williams, to me looks like covering up for ineptitude in developing a project QB they knew was a project QB.

4. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So no one in OBD knows QB?

We really could use another CB though. You can never have too many!

6. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-29-2014)