• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

How About QB Terrelle Pryor?

Check who beat him out...

Seahawks released QB Terrelle Pryor.

Pryor loses out to Tarvaris Jackson for the backup job in Seattle. Despite his limitations as a passer, Pryor's unique physical traits should ensure he is not on the street for long. Pryor completed 21-of-39 passes for 281 yards (7.2 YPA), a touchdown and two interceptions this preseason. He added 97 yards and a touchdown on the ground.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: How About QB Terrelle Pryor?

He's too good for the Bills roster...

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Sure why not

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Do it.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

He's better than the crap we have now. Bring 'im in!
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I'd still like to know the inside scoop on TJax and his time here.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

He's an athlete playing QB.. but can take off on long runs and hit some nice passes. Checks down frequently, like a lot of inexperienced QB's do a little much... but that's because he forced some bad throws as a Raider last year trying to do too much.. 11 Ints-7 TD's...

Carroll told him to protect the ball and may have helped him some this summer.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him claimed.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

He's the kind of player that fans will be clamoring for by the bye week.

Can't have someone that could potentially challenge EJ for the starting job. On the field, in the locker room, in the fanbase, all of the above.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  He's an athlete playing QB.. but can take off on long runs and hit some nice passes. Checks down frequently, like a lot of inexperienced QB's do a little much... but that's because he forced some bad throws as a Raider last year trying to do too much.. 11 Ints-7 TD's...

Carroll told him to protect the ball and may have helped him some this summer.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him claimed.
                  Oh yeah, someone will. Just wouldn't surprise me much for the Bills to back up a project QB with a project QB. I mean he's no Thad Lewis but hey. It seems to make sense in their world so who am I to fight it. Technically Brady Quinn is a vet too to "mentor" and I'm not sure any QB signing will surprise me much again.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Can't have someone that could potentially challenge EJ for the starting job. On the field, in the locker room, in the fanbase, all of the above.
                    I don't know why some keep harping on this point. The team invested a first-round pick on him, and they are going to give him more than one season (10 games) to prove whether or not he was worth it. No ****, Sherlock. Accept it and move on.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

We may have already gone past that boundary, I was thirsting for a QB controversy with Jordan Palmer who was Jordan Palmer.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I don't know why some keep harping on this point. The team invested a first-round pick on him, and they are going to give him more than one season (10 games) to prove whether or not he was worth it. No ****, Sherlock. Accept it and move on.
                        I didn't create the thread for Pryor did I? Direct your quote at the appropriate person.

No one of value will be brought in at the QB position, although another bum will likely be brought aboard to play 3rd string and very well may get in some game action.

Don't worry though, if another team releases an NFL ready type QB...there will be a thread about signing him too.

Hell people are on the sign Kyle Orton kick. And there were people who said Rex Grossman should have been given a look.

I agree with you, it's EJ's ship sink or, well, sink. And to be honest that ****ing blows since it's been 14 years of no relevant football and a missed opportunity with how good the rest of the squad is.

Comment

• GingerP
                          • Aug 2012

Pryor will have to clear waivers, so if the Bills want to claim him they have to hope St. Louis doesn't first.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

On Twitter, Tim Graham said he sent a message to a source in the front office asking about the possibility of Pryor. The text he received in return - "LOL"
                            (Sorry for no link. Look it up)

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              People who keep "harping on it" actually watch him play, understand what they are looking at, and can plainly see what a misfire that pick was.

Accuracy - fail
                              field presence - fail
                              footwork - fail
                              confidence - fail
                              agility - fail
                              toughness - fail
                              mobility - fail
                              field of vision - fail
                              reading defenses - fail
                              arm strength - fair

It's never too soon to admit your failures and move on, if you can make improvements. They can keep him, let him hold a clipboard and learn. He wasn't ready to start right out of the box.

Comment

Working...
                              X