Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orton is getting $5 Million this year, yeah he's a back-up QB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Orton is getting $5 Million this year, yeah he's a back-up QB

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    Can we not ***** about every single move? We needed a backup and we got, IMO, a very good one. Orton wasn't coming here any sooner than he did for multiple reasons.

Thad Lewis obviously took multiple steps back and that created the hole in the first place. I'd like to know what QB we should have picked up 4 months ago not knowing that Lewis would implode?

I agree. They were counting on Lewis this year.

I wonder what happened over the off season. It seems like he forgot how to play football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    That's such a lame response. If your'e going to ***** about the situation tell us who you'd of signed. There was only garbage available and you know it.
    What does it matter who he would of signed.

we fans don't have the ability to sign anyone. So our opinions don't count.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lewis and EJ must've hung out over the offseason b/c they both regressed from an already ****ty state. 1/2 of the Soul Patrol gone, 1 to go.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    Lewis and EJ must've hung out over the offseason b/c they both regressed from an already ****ty state. 1/2 of the Soul Patrol gone, 1 to go.

That's a really cute little saying under you're screen name you piece of ****. Maybe you should get on your knees and give thanks that you or someone in your Family hasn't had to suffer with a disease like that. BTW nice racial overtones in the post. You're a real piece of work.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    Maybe you should get on your knees and give thanks that you or someone in your Family hasn't had to suffer with a disease like that.
    Well, being that there's no IV drug users or homosexuals in my family, the likelihood of contracting it is astronomically low. You seem affected by it though...have/had any friends from the Castro District?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    What I'm saying is that I wasn't paying attention to who was available as a back up months ago. And unlike the guys who get paid millions to figure it out, I don't get to see these guys practice every day so it had no way of knowing just how bad the backup QB situation is. We have an epic cluster**** here and you're actually defending the people responsible and attacking me?
    I thought you patrolled this board to ensure that people don't make baseless assumptions without evidence. Well, it seems that is exactly what you are hypocritically doing here if you have no idea what quarterbacks were available on the market. The Bills should have gotten "somebody," huh? Doesn't even matter if there wasn't really anybody all that good, eh? Just more evidence of the incompetent front office, you say?

All this based on zero knowledge you have apart from the fact that the other QBs shat the bed in training camp and preseason, which is basically hindsight. Congratulations. They've been TRYING to get Orton, but that doesn't matter? They got him, too. But you'd rather *****, and that does not surprise me whatsoever. You're trying to apply everything that happens to your preconceived notion, it seems to me...doesn't even matter if you have an inkling of the particulars
    Last edited by feldspar; 08-31-2014 at 03:07 PM.

7. Post thanked by:

YardRat (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,395 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    That's such a lame response. If your'e going to ***** about the situation tell us who you'd of signed. There was only garbage available and you know it.
    All we had was garbage.

All of you who are defending the FO deserve the losing. Other teams find ways to improve, but when it comes to the Bills, last year's back up is good enough to start or there is no one available or the only guys available are too expensive. There'd is always some BS.

So we stay the same or regress as the div and the league improve around us.

Then next year, the same FO will make the same stupid decisions and the same posters will defend them and we'll get the same ****ty results on the field.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,395 Times in 13,783 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I thought you patrolled this board to ensure that people don't make baseless assumptions without evidence. Well, it seems that is exactly what you are hypocritically doing here if you have no idea what quarterbacks were available on the market. The Bills should have gotten "somebody," huh? Doesn't even matter if there wasn't really anybody all that good, eh? Just more evidence of the incompetent front office, you say?

All this based on zero knowledge you have apart from the fact that the other QBs shat the bed in training camp and preseason, which is basically hindsight. Congratulations. They've been TRYING to get Orton, but that doesn't matter? They got him, too. But you'd rather *****, and that does not surprise me whatsoever. You're trying to apply everything that happens to your preconceived notion, it seems to me...doesn't even matter if you have an inkling of the particulars
    Yeah, how dare I make the assumption that our FO is capable of evaluating talent and realizing that we had crap for backup QB. So baseless to assume competence....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, being that there's no IV drug users or homosexuals in my family, the likelihood of contracting it is astronomically low. You seem affected by it though...have/had any friends from the Castro District?
    Because I'm not an insensitive ****in ******* I seem infected by it ? I don't know where the Castro District is, but I do know that you wouldn't be man enough to go there and spew your bull****, or anywhere else, besides behind the safety of your computer screen.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,215 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope we win, the losses have been weighing on many of us for years. It's been so long since we had a playoff season, much less a chance at a championship. Pray for a good owner.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,793 Times in 7,834 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I sincerely hope that Manuel proves all the blow hards terribly wrong. It will be great to serve you jerks up some fresh crow to choke on.

13. Post thanked by:

Don't Panic (08-31-2014),Novacane (08-31-2014),YardRat (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I sincerely hope that Manuel proves all the blow hards terribly wrong. It will be great to serve you jerks up some fresh crow to choke on.
    I'd love to choke, it's just more likely that our coaches didn't know how bad our QB's have been until it's too late. Sound familiar, like 10 years running?

15. Post thanked by:

BillsOverDolphins (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Because I'm not an insensitive ****in ******* I seem infected by it ? I don't know where the Castro District is, but I do know that you wouldn't be man enough to go there and spew your bull****, or anywhere else, besides behind the safety of your computer screen.
    lol, dude you crack me up...I said affected, not infected. I'll leave that alone though.

Also, what's insensitive about saying "X player is worse than AIDS?" I mean, do you go out of your way to be offended by things that supposedly don't apply to you or your family? AIDS doesn't affect anybody here, but EJ Manuel does. His play is reminiscent of AIDS...progressively worsening and untreatable

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

lol, dude you crack me up...I said affected, not infected. I'll leave that alone though.

Also, what's insensitive about saying "X player is worse than AIDS?" I mean, do you go out of your way to be offended by things that supposedly don't apply to you or your family? AIDS doesn't affect anybody here, but EJ Manuel does. His play is reminiscent of AIDS...progressively worsening and untreatable
    Backpedal any way you want, what you have written is wrong. Would it be right if you wrote X player is worse than cancer, or X player is worse than Lou Gehrig's Disease ? If you think a player in a game is worse than a fatal disease, then you have a serious problem. If you think that it's funny, maybe you ought to rethink it. I'm not trying to be an *******, but just think how you would feel if you read that and had someone close to you that had died from that disease.

I do get offended when people show such insensitivity to something that is so serious, if it has or hasn't affected personally.
    Last edited by kishoph; 08-31-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Backpedal any way you want, what you have written is wrong. Would it be right if you wrote X player is worse than cancer, or X player is worse than Lou Gehrig's Disease ? If you think a player in a game is worse than a fatal disease, then you have a serious problem. If you think that it's funny, maybe you ought to rethink it. I'm not trying to be an *******, but just think how you would feel if you read that and had someone close to you that had died from that disease.
    Maybe your sensitive little pansy ass should go whine somewhere else. You're *****ing up the boards. Maybe start a Michael Sam fan club.

Here's a news flash, Shirley, he wasn't talking about you, nor anyone you know, and the words he used are simply pixels on a screen. The have no sharp edges. They don't have the capacity to explode. If you're wounded by them, blame your own delicate sensibilities or the mean boys who stole your lunch money every week. If hyperbole injures you, it's because you let it.

All you do is whine about what other people post, like a little *****. Get a life.
    Last edited by WagonCircler; 08-31-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do get offended when people show such insensitivity to something that is so serious, if it has or hasn't affected personally.
    lolwut? You clearly said infected--you should at least have the decency to cop to your mistake or admit to how funny it was, given the context of our conversation. Could you do me a solid (nh) and not be such a puss? I dind't say he was worse than ALS, cancer, or any other disease that predominantly normal people get.

20. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ract-extension

Orton at 5 mil > Smith at 17 mil... just sayin

Thanks
    Thanked 11,793 Times in 7,834 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    I'd love to choke, it's just more likely that our coaches didn't know how bad our QB's have been until it's too late. Sound familiar, like 10 years running?
    Hmmmmmmmmm. Should I follow anonymous posters that, most likely, have not ever gotten closer to Manuel than the stands....or give the situation a little more time to develop this year, like not just exhibition games.

Gee...that's tough...internet blowhards, or professional NFL coaches and players. Oh, dear, I just don't know who to believe!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hmmmmmmmmm. Should I follow anonymous posters that, most likely, have not ever gotten closer to Manuel than the stands....or give the situation a little more time to develop this year, like not just exhibition games.

Gee...that's tough...internet blowhards, or professional NFL coaches and players. Oh, dear, I just don't know who to believe!
    Can somebody please photoshop a Bills logo onto that structure?

jim-jones-cult.jpg

24. Post thanked by:

coastal (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Personally I don't care what you believe, I've been tearing into our QB choices for years now. All of sudden it just became important to the team, you can verify that easy enough. I can only say that I have an athletic past & EJ is not balanced when he throws. The other guys we had were chopped liver compared to EJ, shouldn't of never even saw the field.

Orton is the best QB today the Bills have. I want to win now & draft a project QB next year, Orton can hold us over.