• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Orton is getting $5 Million this year, yeah he's a back-up QB

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    If you can point out a front office, any front office in the NFL, that doesn't have a list of repeated failures on their resume as they are trying to build or maintain a team please point them out.

Thanks in advance.

'Don't ask me'? What the hell kind of response is that? Especially from somebody that hangs his hat on being smarter than the guys in charge? If you can't come up with a better option as to what the FO should have done, maybe you should just STFU.
    What I'm saying is that I wasn't paying attention to who was available as a back up months ago. And unlike the guys who get paid millions to figure it out, I don't get to see these guys practice every day so it had no way of knowing just how bad the backup QB situation is. We have an epic cluster**** here and you're actually defending the people responsible and attacking me?

Gimme a ****ing break. Yes, all FO's make mistakes but there is no excuse for botching the most important position on the team this badly.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      What I'm saying is that I wasn't paying attention to who was available as a back up months ago. And unlike the guys who get paid millions to figure it out, I don't get to see these guys practice every day so it had no way of knowing just how bad the backup QB situation is. We have an epic cluster**** here and you're actually defending the people responsible and attacking me?

Gimme a ****ing break. Yes, all FO's make mistakes but there is no excuse for botching the most important position on the team this badly.
      If you weren't paying attention than how the hell can you contend that they ****ed up by not signing somebody months ago? I provided you with a list of available free agent QB's, who is on that list that you would have had a boner for in April?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
        • Jan 2010

Orton is one of the better backups, so it makes sense that he demanded fringe starter money, I have no problem with it we were paying Fitz 7 million per year.....

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Don't ask me. Ask the asshats who get paid millions to run this team, and continue to get paid millions despite repeated failures.

That's such a lame response. If your'e going to ***** about the situation tell us who you'd of signed. There was only garbage available and you know it.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

We got Orton.

Stop *****ing

We don't have a time machine to travel back to July and convince Orton to sign here before he weighed all his options.

The guy had to bluff retirement to worm his way out of Dallas... of course he was going to be selective about where he signed. He wants an opportunity to start.

The Neckbeard is ours now. I'm content.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

Manuel / Orton Duo Takes Bills to Superbowl!

Can't wait!

He just looks like a Superbowl Winning QB!

My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Orton was the best available QB for the Bills to bring in without trading away more draft picks, which would of given several people here a mild stroke. I'd also be willing to be that Orton watched the preseason games & was targeting teams that had a lot of talent but needed a QB for years to come, not just one season. After watching our preaseason games, I'd say we're the best team without a NFL caliber starting QB.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Kyle Orton did a savvy job gaming the NFL system this summer.

He bluffed his way out of Dallas via retirement talk.

He patiently waited for the right opportunity to arise as the preseason unfolded because -- at some point -- he wants to be a starter again. Not forever entrenched behind Tony Romo.

And as it happened, Buffalo had the ultimate QB meltdown during the preseason, which not only made the Bills Orton's best option, but also drove up his pricetag. Win for Orton. Win for us. Because we desperately need his help.

I guess St. Louis could also have been in the running for his services but they seem content with Shaun Hill.

So for those playing the 20/20 hindsight game boohooing about how we should have signed him sooner, keep in mind that Orton wasn't looking to sign immediately after his release from Dallas. He didn't want to wind up behind another deeply entrenched starter.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• GingerP
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                    I guess St. Louis could also have been in the running for his services but they seem content with Shaun Hill.
                    The Rams also have the least amount of cap room in the NFL ($1.5M), and will have to restructure contracts by next Wednesday just to sign a PS and account for the 52nd and 53rd player on the roster (the offseason Top-51 rules stop then and the in-season rules kick in). They just don't have more room to spend much on a QB because they are already (Bradford has a big number), they are too tight to the cap.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                      Can we not ***** about every single move? We needed a backup and we got, IMO, a very good one. Orton wasn't coming here any sooner than he did for multiple reasons.

Thad Lewis obviously took multiple steps back and that created the hole in the first place. I'd like to know what QB we should have picked up 4 months ago not knowing that Lewis would implode?

I agree. They were counting on Lewis this year.

I wonder what happened over the off season. It seems like he forgot how to play football.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                        That's such a lame response. If your'e going to ***** about the situation tell us who you'd of signed. There was only garbage available and you know it.
                        What does it matter who he would of signed.

we fans don't have the ability to sign anyone. So our opinions don't count.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          chop chop
                          • Jun 2003

Lewis and EJ must've hung out over the offseason b/c they both regressed from an already ****ty state. 1/2 of the Soul Patrol gone, 1 to go.
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
                            Lewis and EJ must've hung out over the offseason b/c they both regressed from an already ****ty state. 1/2 of the Soul Patrol gone, 1 to go.

That's a really cute little saying under you're screen name you piece of ****. Maybe you should get on your knees and give thanks that you or someone in your Family hasn't had to suffer with a disease like that. BTW nice racial overtones in the post. You're a real piece of work.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                              chop chop
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                              Maybe you should get on your knees and give thanks that you or someone in your Family hasn't had to suffer with a disease like that.
                              Well, being that there's no IV drug users or homosexuals in my family, the likelihood of contracting it is astronomically low. You seem affected by it though...have/had any friends from the Castro District?
                              Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

Working...
                              X