View Poll Results: Is Manuel Already a Bust?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 46.00%
  • No, not ready to throw in the towel yet.

27 54.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, just curious, a few weeks after the original poll, again, is Manuel a bust?

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So, just curious, a few weeks after the original poll, again, is Manuel a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    I'm actually going to do the smart thing and not jump to stupid conclusions...especially based on exhibition games.

Sorry, but you, nor anyone else on this board, has the first freakin clue whether Manuel is going to be a good NFL QB. NO ONE!
    hail nottieman as the voice of reason!

hey look outside, it is literally raining fire right now
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

2. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: So, just curious, a few weeks after the original poll, again, is Manuel a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by TakingItuptheChin View Post
    This perennial loser was bust at FSU and he's a bust now. I hope he gets cut so no one picks him up.
    Good one

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Applying your logic to history there's a lot of Busts after 1 year... Troy Aikman 0-11 rookie year, Terry Bradshaw 3-8 rookie year, followed by a 5-8 record, Jim Kelly 4-12 1st year, followed by a 6-6 strike shortened year, John Elway 4-6 rookie year as well as Peyton Manning's 28 interception 3-13 rookie year. You've posted 3 times and made an a$$ of yourself already.
    Quote Originally Posted by TakingItuptheChin View Post
    This perennial loser was bust at FSU and he's a bust now. I hope he gets cut so no one picks him up.

5. Post thanked by:

notacon (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    Off topic, but how many pyramid schemes have you bought into during your life, tbh?
    Oh...gee. That was a snappy retort.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I'm at a loss of where to go to next when dealing with your cult-like fanboyism
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Applying your logic to history there's a lot of Busts after 1 year... Troy Aikman 0-11 rookie year, Terry Bradshaw 3-8 rookie year, followed by a 5-8 record, Jim Kelly 4-12 1st year, followed by a 6-6 strike shortened year, John Elway 4-6 rookie year as well as Peyton Manning's 28 interception 3-13 rookie year. You've posted 3 times and made an a$$ of yourself already.
    And with the QB's you mentioned not one of them became a busted, bum, perrenial loser after playing his rookie year. You think EJ will be successful like the guys you mentioned? If you do, then you are as dumb as you look. IMHO, I don't think so. He WILL be a bust and you can bank on that. I may have a football knowledge that can fit inside a thimble but I do know a bust when I see one

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's funny people who say EJ sucks or is a bust get met with the Troy Aikmans and Peyton Mannings...

Everyone but this organization thought EJ was over drafted. The same problems EJ had at FSU he has here in Buffalo. We just witnessed a preseason with the same problems to show that he hasn't progressed at all since he was a freshman at FSU really.

You know who EJ looks like? Akili Smith. And now that the Bills finally have a competent QB, I fully expect him to be benched just like Akili Smith was.

10. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-01-2014)

Registered User TheGhostofJimKelly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

kellymanuelcomparison.jpg

Take this for what you want, statistics for each after their first 10 games.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 7,757 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I'm at a loss of where to go to next when dealing with your cult-like fanboyism
    "cult like fandom"?!?!?!. Jesus, dude....you better find another person to try your stupid crap on.

A dope who puts such a silly expression on his avatar that "EJ Manuel is worse than AIDS", need more help than I can offer. What that tells me is that you are an immature jerk, who is rooting for failure.

13. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (09-01-2014),better days (09-02-2014),trapezeus (09-01-2014)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofJimKelly View Post
    kellymanuelcomparison.jpg

Take this for what you want, statistics for each after their first 10 games.
    Kelly's first 10 games: Played in 1986, when his stats (bar interceptions) were all in the Top 10.
    Manuel's first ten games: Played in 2013, when his stats (bar interceptions) were all in the bottom 10.

You may have noticed, but the game has changed in the last 27 years.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

15. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Deep down everyone knows this experiment will end badly. Everyone.
    Thank you Nostradumbass.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 606 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Do I think he is a bust? No. Only an idiot would think that considering the evaluation criteria is how he plays in the regular season. We haven't even seen that yet.

Do I think he will be a bust? Absolutely.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    Thank you Nostradumbass.
    not muh AIDS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am going to be completely reasonable and vote that he is NOT a bust. Not yet, at least. I very strongly suspect he will not meet the Bills need for a playoff game winning caliber QB, and there's little evidence in his game play to date to suggest otherwise. My opinion at this point - he'll join a long list of post-Kelly Era mediocre and forgettable QBs.

I have thought it a mistake to draft him in the first place, since Day 1, but there's not enough evidence to prove it yet. So I will hold off final judgment.

Also, we sort of have to define what would make him a bust? If he posts mid-tier NFL QB stats, fairly competent but not outstanding, is he still a bust? Or does he have to prove to be an elite QB in order to not be a bust?

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Wrong!

I'm actually going to do the smart thing and not jump to stupid conclusions...especially based on exhibition games....and virtually without the guy that the Bills just spent two first round picks on.

Sorry, but you, nor anyone else on this board, has the first freakin clue whether Manuel is going to be a good NFL QB. NO ONE!
    I think you are right to not really know what ej is capable until we see regular game footage, but i think we've seen enough to know that weeks 1-4 most likely won't look good. unless hackett actually has a diverse gameplan that ej gets and can execute week 1, i think its safe to assume that what we've seen in 5 games in preseason, is representative of the offense's capabilities.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    I think you are right to not really know what ej is capable until we see regular game footage, but i think we've seen enough to know that weeks 1-4 most likely won't look good. unless hackett actually has a diverse gameplan that ej gets and can execute week 1, i think its safe to assume that what we've seen in 5 games in preseason, is representative of the offense's capabilities.
    Yeah, pre-season is useless for evaluating the team as a whole; that's why a losing record pre-season is meaningless as a gauge to a team's regular season record. However, pre-season is useful for evaluating individual performance. And Manuel does not look terribly impressive, and even more concerning - hasn't really shown any growth or improvement in a full year. No one expects him to come in and play like a Troy Aikman or Peyton Manning in the first year, but he needs to show some improvement. And I didn't see that in this pre-season. I thought he looked quite below average, honestly.

22. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOL

OK, so not even 3 weeks after the original poll, and having played only three preseason games during that time, and after myself and several others having been slammed as being trolls (standard fare for unpopular posts) and other things, we've gone from ...

43 No, 13 yes, or 23% saying yes, to 22/20, or nearly 50% saying yes.

Will it be 80% or better by the end of September? We'll see.

I have to say, that despite the season seemingly tanking before it's begun, we can always count on some good entertainment and amusement reading in this forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    LOL

we can always count on some good entertainment and amusement reading in this forum.
    And we can always count on some dumb azz Troll threads as well.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    And we can always count on some dumb azz Troll threads as well.
    ROFLMAO

The stats speak for themselves butter boy.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fletch - love the signature. I guess I missed the article where Whaley has firmly hitched his career wagon to Manuel. Wonder what his thoughts are now after an undeniably poor pre-season performance by Manuel? LOL!!!! Maybe Whaley was still wearing his Buddy Nix Training Wheels when he said that? LOL