Thread: Well at least we have one team that knows how to pick themselves off the turf and WIN

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well at least we have one team that knows how to pick themselves off the turf and WIN

The Bulls took a 21-0 first-half lead against a team that was playing its first-ever game against a top-level college football team. Duquesne’s first six drives produced five punts and a fumble.

Not so fast. Duquesne produced four TDs in its next five possessions to take a 28-24 lead early in the fourth quarter.

A 41-yard reception set up the second Duquesne TD. Then UB cornerback Dwellie Striggles got beat for an 88-yard touchdown pass for the third Duquesne score. Then one of the UB linebackers appeared to blow a coverage to allow a tight end to get wide open on a 45-yard pass that set up the fourth TD.

Fortunately for UB, junior quarterback Joe Licata was outstanding.
    He completed 25 of 36 passes for 298 yards and three touchdowns.
    His touch on sideline throws was phenomenal, especially when he targeted Willoughby, who caught 10 passes for 132 yards.
    UB took back control of the game early in the fourth quarter with a 97-yard touchdown drive.

Licata hit Willoughby on a 46-yard post pattern to the Duquesne 37.

Four plays later Licata found Willoughby with a perfect throw down the left sideline into the end zone. The 24-yard TD put UB ahead, 31-28, with 9:50 to go.

The UB defense came up with a big three-and-out on the ensuing series, thanks in part to a 9-yard sack by safety Adam Redden.

Then Licata drove the Bulls 75 yards in 16 plays to a clinching touchdown. It came on an 11-yard pass to Willoughby in the left corner of the end zone with 1:32 to go. The officials initially ruled Willoughby did not get a foot down in the back of the end zone, but the play was ruled a TD after replay review.

UB outgained Duquesne, 472-373.The Bulls outrushed their Pittsburgh opponent, 174-51.
    UB got 117 rushing yards on 30 carries from junior Anthone Taylor. Sophomore Jordan Johnson added 38 yards on nine carries, and junior Devin Campbell had 37 on six carries.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/ub...o-win-20140830
    Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 08-31-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,337 Times in 2,075 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Well at least we have one team that knows how to pick themselves off the turf and

well... atleast ub didn't lose to the scheduled creampuff... that's something they don't manage to pull off much.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!