Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Meh to Gruden... He is/was overrated got a ton of press due to his "Chucky" image.. Has been out of football for 5 years and likely wouldn't have the same hunger or drive that he did in his 30s

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

That Wilson built a bad company is really a matter of perspective. I think he built a good company but the goals were quite different than ours. Of course pushing the spin they were there to win football games was easy because that's what the front line guys were there hired to do. But there were other goals driving the organization that were consistent with someone who is at the end of their life cycle.

Not sure Orton is better than Bledsoe...but Bledsoe always had this 'force it in there and shoot the team in the foot' thing going on. That's why he was benched for Brady ... because you can't have a guy out there who will blow a big game for you no matter how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    Fletch, I think I agree with you more than any other poster on this board.

So--let me ask you this: do you think that if we had drafted Brady, we would have been able to develop him into the player he is (or should I say, was :) ) I think that the entire organization is second rate, and not just the big names that you mentioned. Everyone from the trainers, to the ball boys, to the water boys.

Ralph built a BAD company, it's as simple as that. And if he wasn't protected by the monopoly of the NFL, he would have gone out of business decades ago. Fortunately for Ralph's "investment", the Bills will always be a team in the NFL, and he got his billions. But in terms of putting football guys in football positions to draft football players and win football games, the Bills are a train wreck, that crashed into a tire factory, and the only way to put out the ensuing tire fire was by tapping into the waste treatment facility ***** tanks. It's bad.

HOPEFULLY, Pegula will spend the money out of pocket to get the assistants and staff in the building to change the culture of the team, the way the organization operates, and the hierarchy of control. To me, second to Pegula being hired, the most important story to come out about the Bills in the last 20 years was the report that Marrone wanted the trainers ousted, and the "Bills" wouldn't allow it.

With all that being said--I think Orton is the best QB the Bills have had since Kelly.