X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Matthew Kollar(WGR550) mentioned this morning on WGR that Jason Cole made this claim and sure enough here is the Jason Cole tweet.. If someone has posted this information in another thread I apologize if not I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Kollar claims Jason Cole use to work for Yahoo. I don't have a clue how often this happens players telling there HC at the end of a season the Starting QB blows but staffers? The janitor? The secretary? Nate Hackett? Jim Monos?

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Matthew Kollar(WGR550) mentioned this morning on WGR that Jason Cole made this claim and sure enough here is the Jason Cole tweet.. If someone has posted this information in another thread I apologize if not I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet. Kollar claims Jason Cole use to work for Yahoo. I don't have a clue how often this happens players telling there HC at the end of a season the Starting QB blows but staffers? The janitor? The secretary? Nate Hackett? Jim Monos?

https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/st...81788920553472
    And Kollar also said it was likely players complained in the same manor about Eli Manning before he won TWO Super Bowls.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
      And Kollar also said it was likely players complained in the same manor about Eli Manning before he won TWO Super Bowls.

Tiki Barber called Mannings pregame speeches or in the huddle speeches "comical" and Michael Strahan has implied Manning was lacking in leadership ability before the SuperBowls were won..I doubt EJ will be here long enough to prove people wrong like Manning did

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        Tiki Barber called Mannings pregame speeches or in the huddle speeches "comical" and Michael Strahan has implied Manning was lacking in leadership ability before the SuperBowls were won..I doubt EJ will be here long enough to prove people wrong like Manning did
        Warren Sapp thinks Michael Strahan is a douchebag.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

Did Doug tell the media this? Did someone overhear all these conversations? Was it not common enough sense? Who is this jag pretending he has inside information? Why is a Dolphins writer/fan who's only work seems to be speculation news? IS IT SUNDAY YET?!
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
            chop chop
            • Jun 2003

I'm sure common sense told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough. I mean, that's how I found out...
            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

lol...next Sunday can't get here quick enough
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                lol...next Sunday can't get here quick enough
                Think it's bad now, wait til next week when EJ looks just like he did in preseason.

Comment

• sudzy
                  • Apr 2013

If this is true it's all on Marrone.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

He has Nix/Whaley to blame for that.

Marrone was saddled with the guy and I'm betting the Orton signing was demanded by him... and may explain that recent blow up at practice after another suspect Manuel showing, with no good backup options at that moment.

The hook on Manuel may be quick, I'm guessing.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      He has Nix/Whaley to blame for that.

Marrone was saddled with the guy and I'm betting the Orton signing was demanded by him... and may explain that recent blow up at practice after another suspect Manuel showing, with no good backup options at that moment.

The hook on Manuel may be quick, I'm guessing.
                      The most FRUSTRATING aspect of this is that the hook can't be quick. EJ is the only one who knows the playbook well, he's the only one with "chemistry" with the receivers, putting Orton in does NOTHING week 1 or 2 to help this team win. Having 0 quarterbacks on the roster who had an entire summer/offseason to get the playbook to back up EJ is entirely the FO's fault. The first few games and season hinge on EJ, and... oh man, it'll be interesting to watch.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                        The most FRUSTRATING aspect of this is that the hook can't be quick. EJ is the only one who knows the playbook well, he's the only one with "chemistry" with the receivers, putting Orton in does NOTHING week 1 or 2 to help this team win. Having 0 quarterbacks on the roster who had an entire summer/offseason to get the playbook to back up EJ is entirely the FO's fault. The first few games and season hinge on EJ, and... oh man, it'll be interesting to watch.
                        I see the Bills running the ball heavily early on, if they do doubt Manuel. I have no problem with that but Hackett seems a bit too pass happy...yet you have to have a QB who can make the throws he desires.

If Manuel is limited in the plays he can actual succeed in, then Orton won't need much time to catch up and he won't hesitate to stick the ball in tight windows.

Not endorsing a quick hook but Marrone has his job on the line and won't hang his career on Manuel.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

EJ had some impressive moments last season.

He was effective in a close loss in the opener vs NE.

He was calm, poised, and clutch in the win against Carolina in Week 2.

He was effective in the loss to ATL (and then Chandler fumbled the game away).

He was very good against JAX, as well he should've been.

The PIT and TB games were his lowest moments, and man, they were ugly.

The rest of his starts were so-so.

But whatever, EJ will get a fair shake to open the season. Hopefully he does well. If not, hopefully Orton has a grasp on the playbook and can salvage what's left of the season if EJ gets benched.
                          Last edited by JoeMama; 09-01-2014, 03:21 PM.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                            I have no idea what you are watching to see this so called chemistry. Another guy could come in one day have more chemistry ...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                              I have no idea what you are watching to see this so called chemistry. Another guy could come in one day have more chemistry ...
                              Didn't notice the word chemistry in quotation marks did you?
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X