X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

I still think we'll have to wait for a phantom injury.

Comment

• ICRockets
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2008

Can somebody explain to me all the EJ Hatred? I'm not talking about the people who doubt his ability to be our guy, I'm talking about the ones who are literally incapable of saying a nice, or even neutral, word about him. What is it about EJ Manuel that makes you people hate him as a human being? Do you even recognize that that's what is happening? Can we tone it down, maybe? He seems like a genuinely decent person and the type of guy who should be easy to root for.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
        Can somebody explain to me all the EJ Hatred? I'm not talking about the people who doubt his ability to be our guy, I'm talking about the ones who are literally incapable of saying a nice, or even neutral, word about him. What is it about EJ Manuel that makes you people hate him as a human being? Do you even recognize that that's what is happening? Can we tone it down, maybe? He seems like a genuinely decent person and the type of guy who should be easy to root for.
        You're confusing frustration with hatred.

My wife and I met Bledsoe after a game in Baltimore and JP Losman before a game in Buffalo. Both were extremely nice and seemed like the kind of guy I'd want on my team. But they still didn't get the job done on the field.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

My wife and I met Bledsoe after a game in Baltimore and JP Losman before a game in Buffalo. Both were extremely nice and seemed like the kind of guy I'd want on my team. But they still didn't get the job done on the field.

For a couple of posters here it sure comes across as hatred. Not you btw

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2003

I hate the fact he's on my team
            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              One poster should have his sig line removed in regards to EJ.. Over the top offensive

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                One poster should have his sig line removed in regards to EJ.. Over the top offensive
                Fixed.
                Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  I hate the fact that he somehow one upped JP Losman in terms of ineptitude.

That's no easy feat.

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    And Kollar also said it was likely players complained in the same manor about Eli Manning before he won TWO Super Bowls.
                    Better Days... your one for missing the bigger picture. There is a huge difference between those Giants teams and this Bills team, between Eli as a prospect and EJ as a prospect! Big Differences!

For one, the Giants were CONTENDERS with a number of aging HOF Vets who wanted to win a SB and felt that Collins gave them their biggest opportunity given that he had taken them to the Superbowl a few years before! So, its understandable why a few vets would prefer the guy who took them to the dance over the guy who was just drafted!

And as prospects, these two guys could not be more different! Eli was first pick in the draft and widely considered the best QB and player and the CONSENSUS #1 Overall Pick...IN ONE OF THE BEST QB DRAFTS EVER!!!

EJ on the other hand, was considered a Developmental Project who was projected to be 3-5th round pick in one of the WORST QB DRAFTS! And he is coming on a team that has not stiffed the playoffs in 15years, to vets who want any ray of light and hope.... and he brings NONE!
                    He is as far from Eli as you can get...
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• Homegrown
                      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      For one, the Giants were CONTENDERS with a number of aging HOF Vets who wanted to win a SB and felt that Collins gave them their biggest opportunity given that he had taken them to the Superbowl a few years before! .
                      Your storyline is a little off.
                      The 2003 Giants finished 4-12, including losing their last 8 games. Not so much a contenter…their QB (Collins) play was horrible.
                      In 2004 the Giants drafted Eli Manning.
                      Manning & Collins NEVER played on the same team …Collins was gone after the 2003 season. Kurt Warner was the other Giant QB in 2004.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        And Kollar also said it was likely players complained in the same manor about Eli Manning before he won TWO Super Bowls.
                        Can you please get your head out of EJs ass? I mean you stick up for the guy like he is your son or something. He might turn it around but he probably won't. Your constant rescuing of his reputation in threads is sickening.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

No he isn't.... and if you don't think so then you're not reading the same posts as I am.

Comment

• ICRockets
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2008

I'm not, but thanks for trying. There are the guys like you who are frustrated with EJ's lack of visible progress and doubt his future success. That's fine. I'm in the same camp, but with a little bit more optimism than you are capable of. But then there are people who act like he's personally slighted them by merely existing in the vicinity of their favorite football team. Those are the guys who I don't understand, and I'd like them to make some sort of effort in helping me do so.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              Think it's bad now, wait til next week when EJ looks just like he did in preseason.
                              I'm more worried about if he looks "okay"

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Better Days... your one for missing the bigger picture. There is a huge difference between those Giants teams and this Bills team, between Eli as a prospect and EJ as a prospect! Big Differences!

For one, the Giants were CONTENDERS with a number of aging HOF Vets who wanted to win a SB and felt that Collins gave them their biggest opportunity given that he had taken them to the Superbowl a few years before! So, its understandable why a few vets would prefer the guy who took them to the dance over the guy who was just drafted!

And as prospects, these two guys could not be more different! Eli was first pick in the draft and widely considered the best QB and player and the CONSENSUS #1 Overall Pick...IN ONE OF THE BEST QB DRAFTS EVER!!!

EJ on the other hand, was considered a Developmental Project who was projected to be 3-5th round pick in one of the WORST QB DRAFTS! And he is coming on a team that has not stiffed the playoffs in 15years, to vets who want any ray of light and hope.... and he brings NONE!
                                He is as far from Eli as you can get...
                                It was not me that said it, I just posted what Matt Kollar said.

Call him up & argue with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X