Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Players and Staffers told Marrone EJ wasn't good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I see your 'Changing your Vote' already
    Dude, he's a poster-boy for vote changing. He's a revolving door of opinions.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

2. Post thanked by:

swiper (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Lol I know...

4. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-02-2014),swiper (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is beating a dead horse, but HOW does a supposed professional football GM, Buddy Nix, not realize the Fitzpatrick Xperiment had failed miserably a year before, when there was a GOOD QB class to draft from? Why did he feel the need to wait yet another year when the QB class is poor? The fans knew, the writers knew, and the stats proved that Fitzpatrick was mediocre at best. Why did it require another season for this epiphany to hit Buddy Nix?

And if you're the Bills, how could Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey not be viewed as part of the problem in the team being so awful? So how do you, as the Bills, leave the selection of the most vitally important player on the roster up to an OUT going GM, whose tenure encompassed losing season after losing season?

W.
    T.
    F.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

6. Post thanked by:

coastal (09-29-2014),trapezeus (09-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve View Post
    This is beating a dead horse, but HOW does a supposed professional football GM, Buddy Nix, not realize the Fitzpatrick Xperiment had failed miserably a year before, when there was a GOOD QB class to draft from? Why did he feel the need to wait yet another year when the QB class is poor? The fans knew, the writers knew, and the stats proved that Fitzpatrick was mediocre at best. Why did it require another season for this epiphany to hit Buddy Nix?

And if you're the Bills, how could Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey not be viewed as part of the problem in the team being so awful? So how do you, as the Bills, leave the selection of the most vitally important player on the roster up to an OUT going GM, whose tenure encompassed losing season after losing season?

W.
    T.
    F.
    There are problems left and right. Guys like Nix and Gailey end up here in the first place because of those that hire them. That would have been Brandon. The entire FO is suspect, so is the entire personnel staff, there's no sense in trying to figure out which directors and scouts did this or that, the unit has failed in spades since the '90s. Cut the entire lump of flesh out upon new ownership and hopefully you got all the cancerous elements.

Why did he feel the need to wait yet another year when the QB class is poor?
    Because this is the way that we do it in Buffalo and has been for years.

The "optimists" here then applaud every move and when it flops in spades they'll sit there and say "who else was available then?" while being completely oblivious to what you just said, or maybe better implied, that building a team takes a couple or three seasons, you grab a QB when there's one to be had (Wilson over Graham who's not even with the team anymore and which should have been a no-brainer, Kaepernick or even Dalton over Aaron Williams in 2011, Flacco over McKelvin in '08, etc.)

If you want a QB, go to a QB rich draft, don't wait until a year like last year where there isn't a serious 1st-rounder in the bunch and then pretend that there is. Or trade up for a guy like Losman. If you want a MLB, grab one in a MLB rich draft, don't wait until there's only one and have to give away draft picks to move up and get him. This front office just doesn't understand this most simplest of things. HTF are they capable of rebuilding a team? Clearly they're not.

Our history with trade-ups, or down for that matter, and just drafting in general, is horrendous. One more reason that the entire personnel dept. needs to go and be given their pink slips within hours of new ownership. No hard feelings, thanks for your contributions over the last 20 years, good luck with your future!

Get rid of Whaley, Brandon, Littman, Overdorf, and Mary Owen. All of 'em.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-02-2014 at 11:41 AM.

8. Post thanked by:

coastal (09-29-2014),Discotrish (09-29-2014),Historian (09-29-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Can you please get your head out of EJs ass? I mean you stick up for the guy like he is your son or something. He might turn it around but he probably won't. Your constant rescuing of his reputation in threads is sickening.
    ROFL. It's stupid.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There's probably enough Manuel bashing/hating threads to be segregated into their own forum.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    There's probably enough Manuel bashing/hating threads to be segregated into their own forum.

Engendered by by the Bills' management to refuse to acknowledge that they made a mistake. They forked over $ to a proven fragile Kolb, and got what the rest of the league management predicted. Now they toss up the highest contract ever for a back-up who has been a benifciary of not playing and cashing in big time.

Manuel played in what? 10 games last season? Despite extraordinary amounts of playing time in the preseason, along with an equal extraordinary time with the putative starter OL receivers and backs , his game was beyond putrid.

I'd start an iffy Orton and spew some spin about Manuel.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Oh just you wait till Sunday...it'll be like watching that one scene from Irreversible over and over and over again--with EJ playing the role of Monica Bellucci
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bumpity bump... How much more convincing does Marrone need just pull the plug and play Orton

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Bumpity bump... How much more convincing does Marrone need just pull the plug and play Orton
    Doug pulling Manuel signals that Whaley and probably Brandon are dead men walking. When they are, it'll happen.

Right now, Doug sounds like a politician covering for a cabinet secretary that got caught with his pants around his ankles. He's got all faith in the guy and his abilities right up to the point where he 'has to spend more time with his family' and the door hits him in the ass on the way out.

When Pegula comes in, I hope he's got the sense to fire people who need to be fired, and keep people who deserve to be kept. Schwartz as DC, Pepper Johnson as DL coach, Crossman as Special Teams (can't believe I'm saying that, but his guys have been lights out this year), everybody else can go spin.

15. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-30-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why does there have to be so much drama? Maybe, just maybe this is a good coach making a tough call to help the team win.

17. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

and an Orton shall lead them

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I see your 'Changing your Vote' already
    Well, you just don't know how to read.

I said this team could go 9-7 or 10-6.

I still think that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BS, Show us some evidence of that.
    Last edited by better days; 09-30-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    BS, Show us some evidence of that.
    LOL

You're funny

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LOL

You're funny
    And you are not funny, just wrong as usual.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Doug pulling Manuel signals that Whaley and probably Brandon are dead men walking. When they are, it'll happen.

Right now, Doug sounds like a politician covering for a cabinet secretary that got caught with his pants around his ankles. He's got all faith in the guy and his abilities right up to the point where he 'has to spend more time with his family' and the door hits him in the ass on the way out.

When Pegula comes in, I hope he's got the sense to fire people who need to be fired, and keep people who deserve to be kept. Schwartz as DC, Pepper Johnson as DL coach, Crossman as Special Teams (can't believe I'm saying that, but his guys have been lights out this year), everybody else can go spin.
    I just don't think its coaches at this point. i just want brandon to pay for this. he needs to lose his job. and then a real gm needs to come in.

i realize that means the end for the coaches, but i wouldn't mind seeing marrone get another year since the rest of the team seems ok.

the issue is a GM picked a bad qb, doubled down to help him, and now is ok with a journeyman winning games. regardless of how this all turns out, there is no long term strategy in orton and no ability to fix it without a first round pick next year. The leadership at the very top created this situation. they should not be involved in any more decisions going forward. in a just world.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Get rid of everyone and start fresh. No sense in trying to figure out who did what.

The way that Pegula is spending money I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after Gruden and a GM that Gruden likes. Kinda backwards but can you imagine.

Gruden and a good GM would be worth five Mario's and cost what one does.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Get rid of everyone and start fresh. No sense in trying to figure out who did what.

The way that Pegula is spending money I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after Gruden and a GM that Gruden likes. Kinda backwards but can you imagine.

Gruden and a good GM would be worth five Mario's and cost what one does.
    Gruden would probably be a GREAT HC for the Bills in the short term, but he lost the Bucs over time by lying to players & being two faced.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There are problems left and right. Guys like Nix and Gailey end up here in the first place because of those that hire them. That would have been Brandon. The entire FO is suspect, so is the entire personnel staff, there's no sense in trying to figure out which directors and scouts did this or that, the unit has failed in spades since the '90s. Cut the entire lump of flesh out upon new ownership and hopefully you got all the cancerous elements.

Because this is the way that we do it in Buffalo and has been for years.

The "optimists" here then applaud every move and when it flops in spades they'll sit there and say "who else was available then?" while being completely oblivious to what you just said, or maybe better implied, that building a team takes a couple or three seasons, you grab a QB when there's one to be had (Wilson over Graham who's not even with the team anymore and which should have been a no-brainer, Kaepernick or even Dalton over Aaron Williams in 2011, Flacco over McKelvin in '08, etc.)

If you want a QB, go to a QB rich draft, don't wait until a year like last year where there isn't a serious 1st-rounder in the bunch and then pretend that there is. Or trade up for a guy like Losman. If you want a MLB, grab one in a MLB rich draft, don't wait until there's only one and have to give away draft picks to move up and get him. This front office just doesn't understand this most simplest of things. HTF are they capable of rebuilding a team? Clearly they're not.

Our history with trade-ups, or down for that matter, and just drafting in general, is horrendous. One more reason that the entire personnel dept. needs to go and be given their pink slips within hours of new ownership. No hard feelings, thanks for your contributions over the last 20 years, good luck with your future!

Get rid of Whaley, Brandon, Littman, Overdorf, and Mary Owen. All of 'em.
    Fletch, I think I agree with you more than any other poster on this board.

So--let me ask you this: do you think that if we had drafted Brady, we would have been able to develop him into the player he is (or should I say, was :) ) I think that the entire organization is second rate, and not just the big names that you mentioned. Everyone from the trainers, to the ball boys, to the water boys.

Ralph built a BAD company, it's as simple as that. And if he wasn't protected by the monopoly of the NFL, he would have gone out of business decades ago. Fortunately for Ralph's "investment", the Bills will always be a team in the NFL, and he got his billions. But in terms of putting football guys in football positions to draft football players and win football games, the Bills are a train wreck, that crashed into a tire factory, and the only way to put out the ensuing tire fire was by tapping into the waste treatment facility ***** tanks. It's bad.

HOPEFULLY, Pegula will spend the money out of pocket to get the assistants and staff in the building to change the culture of the team, the way the organization operates, and the hierarchy of control. To me, second to Pegula being hired, the most important story to come out about the Bills in the last 20 years was the report that Marrone wanted the trainers ousted, and the "Bills" wouldn't allow it.

With all that being said--I think Orton is the best QB the Bills have had since Kelly.

27. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (09-30-2014)