Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Watkins Watch

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Watkins Watch

Yeah, I post under Cincy, Wide Right, coastal, Op37, and a few others. Whichever you like. They're all me.

Have my positions wavered at any point in time? If any of them are unclear to you please just ask, happy to clarify. Last week I recall getting a lecture from you on several topics bases on a single game. In case you didn't notice the Watkins stats contrasted with Evans and Benjamin are cumulative.

But let's take them out of the picture. Watkins is supposed to make an immediate impact according to not only Whaley but according to you and most other people. Has he played in such a manner so far that even justifies a 1st round pick? Forget next year's 1st and 4th, I'm just talking about this year's. As a reminder he's done pretty much nothing in two of three games.

See, the difference between you and me is that you're a reactionary, you overreact to every win and ignore all the losses and problematic performanes. I keep a level position all season long and don't let a game or a short string of games alter it.

It's easy to say after every game how all the things that went right you expected to happen and how all the things that didn't are problematic but only temporary and stuff and then change your position all season long until at the end after changing it for 15 weeks you can say that you knew the final result is where the team would be.

I don't do that. I'm one of a very few here that still doesn't see this team being any better than the 6-10 we've been and even one of fewer that still has us going only 4-12 or 5-11. We're just not playing like that as a team. It's early but we're not even averaging 200 passing yards per game by allowing 267 avg. That's fine if we're running the ball well but we've only run well in one game.

On defense we're averaging about half the sacks we did last year and just over half the INTs. Our passing defense appears to have gotten worse statistically speaking.

Watkins and Spikes aren't making the kind of impact that everyone has expected. There weren't a lot of other reasons for optimism this season. I expect Watkins' struggles to continue. I suspect that he'll be a good WR in the NFL but not that he's going to do what a lot of people say he will.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Topas View Post
    What ???? Are you kidding me ????

You already came to your conclusion 1 min after the announcement of the pick. So you are asking us to wait 8 more weeks ... Ok ... makes sense ...
    lol, that was great.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

His skills don't translate well to nfl, and yet you keep comparing him to Benjamin. A 4.6 40 translates well to nfl?

If you're so sure, why not pick one guy you think will outperform Watkins and track their numbers instead of comparing him to every rookie receiver. The bills couldn't have drafted 5 guys, they could draft only one. It's an easy position to choose 10 guys and act as thought you're right if one of them happens to outperform Watkins. There's a good chance that happens. What one receiver will outperform him?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billser View Post
    His skills don't translate well to nfl, and yet you keep comparing him to Benjamin. A 4.6 40 translates well to nfl?

If you're so sure, why not pick one guy you think will outperform Watkins and track their numbers instead of comparing him to every rookie receiver. The bills couldn't have drafted 5 guys, they could draft only one. It's an easy position to choose 10 guys and act as thought you're right if one of them happens to outperform Watkins. There's a good chance that happens. What one receiver will outperform him?
    You don't seem too bright.

I picked 2, not 10. You can tell the difference this way.

This is 2: II
    This is 10: IIIII IIIII

Secondly, have you just started watching football? I'm thinking so.

Are you even remotely familiar with players that aren't that fast that put up big numbers? Apparently you haven't.

Apparently Kelvin Benjamin translates to the NFL just fine, he's got nearly a hundred more yards than Watkins does and 2 TDs so far. If that keeps up he'll come close to setting a rookie record.

Wanna rethink which one of us doesn't know what they're talking about?

They also didn't use three picks to get Benjamin. I think right now I'd rather have Benjamin and our 1st and 4th back next season. I realize that you like to sniff Whaley's jock so I won't bother you until your high from that settles.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-22-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

I picked 2, not 10. You can tell the difference this way.

This is 2: II
    This is 10: IIIII IIIII

Secondly, have you just started watching football? I'm thinking so.

Are you even remotely familiar with players that aren't that fast that put up big numbers? Apparently you haven't.

Apparently Kelvin Benjamin translates to the NFL just fine, he's got nearly a hundred more yards than Watkins does and 2 TDs so far. If that keeps up he'll come close to setting a rookie record.

They also didn't use three picks to get Benjamin. I think right now I'd rather have Benjamin and our 1st and 4th back next season. I realize that you like to sniff Whaley's jock so I won't bother you until your high from that settles.
    Very wide right

6. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (09-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Name a few current elite receivers who ran 4.6s.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You seem like a douchebag.

9. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WTF does that have to do with anything here? WTF does it have to do with the comment that I responded to?

I can tell you some of the fastest WRs that have been in the league: Graham, Easley, Goodwin, Watkins

If you're suggesting that speed is the primary component of good WRs then you're not too bright. Maybe you'll catch on after another decade of watching football or so.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I've never met an intelligent person who finds the need to tell other people they're not too bright. Statements like that usually reflect the lack of intelligence by the person making the statement, and an overcompensation for said lack of intelligence. Just keeping it real.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WTF does that have to do with anything here? WTF does it have to do with the comment that I responded to?

I can tell you some of the fastest WRs that have been in the league: Graham, Easley, Goodwin, Watkins

If you're suggesting that speed is the primary component of good WRs then you're not too bright. Maybe you'll catch on after another decade of watching football or so.
    I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was suggesting speed is the primary component. Pointing out there are fast receivers means nothing either. Even if I were suggesting slow receivers automatically suck, which I'm not, pointing out some fast receivers are bad is pointless here.

I wasn't suggesting he's slow, I was suggesting he's epic slow. A lot of slow 4.48, 4.5 receivers are great, just not too many 4.6s...that's reallyyyyyy slow. Might be a good reason to not have drafted him.

It's as relevant to this thread as you suggesting Watkins' route running is questionable.
    It's not a big deal man, just conversation. You don't need to get insecure Bc you couldn't find many receivers who ran a 4.6 and tell people they're not bright.
    Last edited by billser; 09-23-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I've never met an intelligent person who finds the need to tell other people they're not too bright. Statements like that usually reflect the lack of intelligence by the person making the statement, and an overcompensation for said lack of intelligence. Just keeping it real.
    Haha, it's all good. Especially if he's an old school guy (since he keeps suggesting he's watched years of football). I'm just not gonna post on this thread again. I know he's probably going to tell me I'm not "bright" again and that sort of stuff becomes tiresome for everyone involved.

14. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (09-23-2014)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,902 Times in 4,358 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Receptions
    1. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 18
    2. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers – 16
    3. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs - 13
    4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 13
    5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 12
    6. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 9
    7. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
    8. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins - 8
    9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
    10. Davante Adams WR, Green Bay Packers - 7

Receiving Yards
    1. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 253
    2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 186
    3. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 182
    4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 167
    5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 154
    6. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs – 138
    7. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 109
    8. Taylor Gabriel WR, Cleveland Browns – 94
    9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 73
    10. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins – 73

Touchdowns
    1. Derek Carr QB, Oakland Raiders – 3
    2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 3
    3. Isaiah Crowell RB, Cleveland Browns - 3
    4. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 3
    5. Carlos Hyde RB, San Francisco 49ers - 2
    6. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 2
    7. Jeremy Hill RB, Cincinnati Bengals – 2
    8. Terrence West RB, Cleveland Browns - 2
    9. Blake Bortles QB, Jacksonville Jaguars

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    I've never met an intelligent person that who continually introduces things that aren't even part of a discussion into a discussion as if they were.

I also don't meet too many people that can't tell the difference between 2 and 10. Yet we have that here. Oh wait, yeah, I do. They're all toddlers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was suggesting speed is the primary component. Pointing out there are fast receivers means nothing either. Even if I were suggesting slow receivers automatically suck, which I'm not, pointing out some fast receivers are bad is pointless here.

I wasn't suggesting he's slow, I was suggesting he's epic slow. A lot of slow 4.48, 4.5 receivers are great, just not too many 4.6s...that's reallyyyyyy slow. Might be a good reason to not have drafted him.

It's as relevant to this thread as you suggesting Watkins' route running is questionable.
    It's not a big deal man, just conversation. You don't need to get insecure Bc you couldn't find many receivers who ran a 4.6 and tell people they're not bright.
    For epic slow he's outperforming the WR that you're defending by a wide margin so far.

On top of that that's all that Mike Williams runs and everyone here was raving about him when we picked him up. Now, not so much.

Consistency of opinions lacks here.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-23-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Receptions
    1. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 18
    2. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers – 16
    3. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs - 13
    4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 13
    5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 12
    6. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 9
    7. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
    8. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins - 8
    9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 8
    10. Davante Adams WR, Green Bay Packers - 7

Receiving Yards
    1. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 253
    2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 186
    3. Brandin Cooks WR, New Orleans Saints – 182
    4. Sammy Watkins WR, Buffalo Bills – 167
    5. Allen Robinson WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 154
    6. Mike Evans WR, Tampa Bay Bucs – 138
    7. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 109
    8. Taylor Gabriel WR, Cleveland Browns – 94
    9. Marqise Lee WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 73
    10. Jarvis Landry WR, Miami Dolphins – 73

Touchdowns
    1. Derek Carr QB, Oakland Raiders – 3
    2. Allen Hurns WR, Jacksonville Jaguars - 3
    3. Isaiah Crowell RB, Cleveland Browns - 3
    4. John Brown WR, Arizona Cardinals - 3
    5. Carlos Hyde RB, San Francisco 49ers - 2
    6. Kelvin Benjamin WR, Carolina Panthers - 2
    7. Jeremy Hill RB, Cincinnati Bengals – 2
    8. Terrence West RB, Cleveland Browns - 2
    9. Blake Bortles QB, Jacksonville Jaguars
    These guys are so bright as they insist that they can't even see these simple things for themselves.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For epic slow he's outperforming the WR that you're defending by a wide margin so far.

On top of that that's all that Mike Williams runs and everyone here was raving about him when we picked him up. Now, not so much.

Consistency of opinions lacks here.
    At least you didn't commit another colossal logical fallacy and name bad fast receivers again to prove a point. Mike Williams ran a 4.53, I don't think you understand at this point. And even then, he's not even elite. No one defines success as outperforming someone in a 3 game span. Stop using your flawed barometer to justify your conclusions.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

fletch has the easiest gig here. be pessimistic about every single thing and dismiss any positives as one-offs and when the team ends up below .500, he gets to be deemed a genius. and the way you know he's a troll is that he wants to be right more than root for the team to do well in the long run.

if the team has a good run, he'll be gone openning some other accounts like MusicCity or some other annoying handle. fletch is about 14 years old and doens't have a lot of friends. hence this thread is all he's got. I say let him have it.

if you want to talk about football, use anyone of the other threads and ignore his useless posts.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Anquan Boldin
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Wes Welker

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Anquan Boldin
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Wes Welker
    Yup, agreed...those were only ones I saw too. Point made.

It is a small list though. Also, they're older receivers, times are kinda changing. Dunno, my point only was that the 4.6 is really scary at a time when 6 3 guys are running 4.3s and 4.4s. It woulda made me thinks twice to draft a guy in first round.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yup, agreed...those were only ones I saw too. Point made.

It is a small list though. Also, they're older receivers, times are kinda changing. Dunno, my point only was that the 4.6 is really scary at a time when 6 3 guys are running 4.3s and 4.4s. It woulda made me thinks twice to draft a guy in first round.
    Forgot last years top rookie receiver, Keenan Allen. Could also thrown Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, James Jones and Hakeem Nicks on the list, but they are merely good, not great.