Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Watkins Watch

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Watkins Watch

As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.

Both are 6'5".

Watkins had 3 catches for 31 yards. Manuel throwing.

Evans had 5 catches for 37 yards. McCown throwing.

Benjamin had 6 catches for 92 yards and a TD. Derek Anderson throwing.

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

We'll see. Still not a BILL-iever in Watkins.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Watkins Watch

Thank God he is a buffalo bills player, and could be playing with some sore ribs.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's revisit in mid-season. One game really doesn't give a good sample size for eval. The only take away I have is at least he got hit a couple times and didn't croak over injured already.

4. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-08-2014),SquishDaFish (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We was open on our one long bomb but was over thrown. If that pass is on the money he was racing for 6.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    Let's revisit in mid-season. One game really doesn't give a good sample size for eval. The only take away I have is at least he got hit a couple times and didn't croak over injured already.
    Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    We was open on our one long bomb but was over thrown. If that pass is on the money he was racing for 6.
    That's part of the game. He's not the only WR that played yesterday for which the same can be said. Right.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Watkins will be taking the top off of a lot of plays, opening up routes for Chandler, and as you saw yesterday, Woods. You try so hard to be a douche it is astounding.

8. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (09-08-2014),justasportsfan (09-17-2014),pmoon6 (09-08-2014),ublinkwescore (09-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    Watkins will be taking the top off of a lot of plays, opening up routes for Chandler, and as you saw yesterday, Woods. You try so hard to be a douche it is astounding.
    All I did was post some facts.

I don't like Whaley, I don't like how he's shredded our ability to improve over the next few seasons.

In the meantime, go **** yourself. I said nothing inflammatory.

You seem to enjoy mind****ing yourself silly, maybe you'll enjoy trying the real thing.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    As a non-fan of Whaley's ridiculous concessions to get Watkins I'll be watching both Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans this season, either of whom I wold have drafted with our original pick or maybe even traded down to get.

Both are 6'5".

Obviously there wasn't a lot to be impressed about regarding Watkins who is supposed to be so ridiculously fast that no one can keep up with him.

Go away and don't come back.

11. Post thanked by:

DesertFox24 (09-08-2014),HAMMER (09-08-2014),Mad Bomber (09-14-2014),Novacane (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Yeah but Manuel missed as expected. I could already see that sailing over his head once he gave it some mustard.

13. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lets judge all players on their first regular season games, LOL. Who knows how it will turn out, until it turns out?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Poooooooooor Fletch. He's so pissed the Bills won.

16. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (09-08-2014),Dr. Who (09-08-2014),HAMMER (09-08-2014),streetkings01 (09-08-2014),trapezeus (09-08-2014),YardRat (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Lets judge all players on their first regular season games,
    Ahh you did that all day yesterday lol

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Poooooooooor Fletch. He's so pissed the Bills won.
    LOL

Just trying to assess whether or not there's real hope or not. I'm not seeing any.

Must suck though having to lavish one of what looks to be another one of a handful of wins as if something real has taken place to actually improve this team.

I'm guessing that you'll be among the suicidal in November. The childish waffling of everyone here is amazing.

Unlike you, I'll be happy when we win 10 games, not 1.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,483 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Both are 6'5".

Did the other teams run for 193 yards? Did they win?
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

20. Post thanked by:

HAMMER (09-08-2014),Novacane (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Watkins had the most impressive incompletion I think I may have ever seen. That's right, I said incompletion.

Seriously though, on that over throw by Manual, did anyone see how Watkins palmed the football off the bounce in end stride? It was effortless and it was like the ball was magnetized to his hand. I don't even think he looked at it when it happened. Its as if some overwhelming form of static electricity reached in and tractor beamed the ball into his left hand.

Seriously. I know it sounds crazy. Best no-catch I've ever seen.

Wish I was computer literate enough to make a .gif.

22. Post thanked by:

coastal (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,392 Times in 7,275 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL

Just trying to assess whether or not there's real hope or not. I'm not seeing any.

Must suck though having to lavish one of what looks to be another one of a handful of wins as if something real has taken place to actually improve this team.

I'm guessing that you'll be among the suicidal in November. The childish waffling of everyone here is amazing.

What must suck is not being able to enjoy a win because you are so vested in the QB failing and the team moving. Then again why should I expect you to enjoy a win when you obviously don't like the team. Most of us here are taking it for what it is. A win we didn't expect. Obviously 1 win doesn't mean a turn around and there are issues that have to improve. I'll worry about that later and enjoy this win. Go ahead and keep pretending you're smarter than everyone else if that makes you feel good!
    Last edited by Novacane; 09-08-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

TB defense gave up 334 yards total and 221 passing yards. Kelvin had 92 yards of it. Olsen had 83 yards and cotchery had 31 yards.TB focused on getting the ball to 3 receivers and had success on 34 pass attempts.

bills threw 22 passes and had 16 completions. 8 different receivers were targeted. the bills ran for almost 200 yards. so passing wasn't their main goal. and watkins caught the three targets he was given.

i don't like trading a 1st round pick for a team that's not really close to a championship, but your data thus far is inconclusive.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Ahh you did that all day yesterday lol
    First game assessments ? That wasn't me, unless I was drunk.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You do realize we've only actually PLAYED one game, right? Are you saying you're inherently incapable of feeling happiness in September, October, and most of November? That must be awful.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    TB defense gave up 334 yards total and 221 passing yards. Kelvin had 92 yards of it. Olsen had 83 yards and cotchery had 31 yards.TB focused on getting the ball to 3 receivers and had success on 34 pass attempts.

bills threw 22 passes and had 16 completions. 8 different receivers were targeted. the bills ran for almost 200 yards. so passing wasn't their main goal. and watkins caught the three targets he was given.

i don't like trading a 1st round pick for a team that's not really close to a championship, but your data thus far is inconclusive.
    Let me ask you a question, and please answer it honestly.

Did you see yesterday what you were told about how Watkins would play this season?

10 ypr avg.?

He averaged 7 in the preseason.

If he averages 12 ypr on the season will you think that he was a great pick?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ICRockets View Post
    You do realize we've only actually PLAYED one game, right? Are you saying you're inherently incapable of feeling happiness in September, October, and most of November? That must be awful.
    Yes.

Did I say anything more than simply post the number of three WRs?