Thread: It's been a long time.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,529 Times in 2,692 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's been a long time.

Haven't been around for a few years. Life got crazy and I had far less time to post online for anything.

Been watching games, though at some point years ago i learned to lower expectations. Still hoping for the best but had been expecting the worst (sadly i got that too much).

But today is a great day for Bills fans. Pegula offers deep pockets and a lot of hope. For as angry as i got at Ralph Wilson, I greatly respect that he made it a priority that a new owner make some promises of keeping the team in Buffalo. Good for him.

I'm still angry about letting Byrd walk for nothing (at least tag and trade! or better yet, keep the guy!), and the EJ Manuel pick. (feel free to prove me wrong EJ). Last week was a great start. been saying for a while now that QB is the only thing holding the team back. There's a lot of talent.

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats and hello.

As a gift this year, my girlfriend intends to get us Tix to the Pats game Oct 12. Any recommendations for tailgating?

2. Post thanked by:

better days (09-09-2014),Jeff1220 (09-20-2014),WagonCircler (09-09-2014)

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: It's been a long time.

Hammers Lot. Do it
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

4. Post thanked by:

northernbillfan (09-09-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Welcome back!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They haven't banned you yet? Wow.

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was at Hammers lot last year for a preseason game. Well worth the visit. Oh and welcome back.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
    Haven't been around for a few years. Life got crazy and I had far less time to post online for anything.

Been watching games, though at some point years ago i learned to lower expectations. Still hoping for the best but had been expecting the worst (sadly i got that too much).

But today is a great day for Bills fans. Pegula offers deep pockets and a lot of hope. For as angry as i got at Ralph Wilson, I greatly respect that he made it a priority that a new owner make some promises of keeping the team in Buffalo. Good for him.

I'm still angry about letting Byrd walk for nothing (at least tag and trade! or better yet, keep the guy!), and the EJ Manuel pick. (feel free to prove me wrong EJ). Last week was a great start. been saying for a while now that QB is the only thing holding the team back. There's a lot of talent.

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats and hello.

As a gift this year, my girlfriend intends to get us Tix to the Pats game Oct 12. Any recommendations for tailgating?
    Whaley said the Bills will have a better chance to sign FA's themselves if they know the Bills will not tag them in the future in regards to Byrd.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone know how much parking is at Hammer's lot? I didn't want to drive, but there isn't much choice it seems.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok. How about this. Does anyone know of a way to the stadium from Amherst or downtown that isn't insanely expensive. Looked into bowl bus from Amherst. 50pp? Jesus. It's like they want you to drive drunk.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Take McKinley Pkwy past McKinley Mall (heading South). Make a left on Brompton (looks like a side street, but don't let that fool you).

Take Brompton about 1/8th of a mile, turn left on Sheldon. Head up Sheldon, and you'll see tons of parking lots for just $10. It's an easy walk to and from and a very quick exit after the game.

You can't beat it.