• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Adrian Peterson Indicted then deactivated ahead of Pats game

I guess he disciplined his child but went way to far.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was indicted on a charge of reckless or negligent injury to a child. Early Saturday, Peterson was taken into custody in Montgomery County, Texas, before being released.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted for reckless or negligent injury to a child, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport confirmed Friday, according to a source involved in the process.
    The Vikings announced that Peterson will be deactivated for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.
    A source told Rapoport that Peterson has already testified in front of a grand jury. The investigation has been going on for some time. Adrian Peterson's lawyer Rusty Hardin declined to comment to Rapoport about the indictment.
    "The Vikings are in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson. At this time, we will defer further questions to Adrian's attorney Rusty Hardin," the Vikingssaid in a statement.
    Lt. Fitzgerald of Montgomery County Texas Police confirmed to NFL Media that they have investigated the case. An unknown police department called the City of Houston Police Department with a complaint of child endangerment, and Houston referred it to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office where the alleged case occurred.
    Last edited by Woodman; 09-12-2014, 05:44 PM.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Adrian Peterson Indicted then deactivated ahead of Pats game

From what I understand it was just a little spanking but he's a high profile human so this gets a lot of attention. Shoot my parents used to belt and wooden spoon me all the time. They managed to not be indicted lol.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

The photos of the 4 year old's cuts and bruises are pretty bad.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

^ I haven't seen so maybe its worse than I thought.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

His best must of had some sharp corners & a metal ball on it.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

I know this is in bad taste but...
            Damn, Belichick will do anything to screw an opponent.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
              The photos of the 4 year old's cuts and bruises are pretty bad.
              If that is the case, Roger Goodell has an opportunity to save face and come down hard on Peterson.

If he's smart, Goodell will, 'indefinitely suspend,' Peterson.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

Spiked, please post a link to the photos.

Does anyone else remember this?

Peterson's 2 year old son was killed by physical abuse.

Photos surface of the alleged attacker of Adrian Peterson's son. The two-year-old died on Friday from injuries suffered from the attacks.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

This is bizarre...

If you were an private investigator what would you think?

She was attempting to claim child support payments from an ex but the case was dismissed when paternity tests revealed that he was not the father. This is when Doohen contacted Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson to inform him that they boy may be his. Adrian, who obviously believed that he could be the child’s father, made arrangements to meet the boy. However, the fatal attack occurred before that could happen and Adrian’s first time meeting the little boy was while he was on life support less than 24 hours before his death.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                    • Mar 2013

Adrian Peterson has been indicted for allegedly beating his young son with a switch. CBS Minnesota reports: The police report said the boy told the doctor Peter

The boy reportedly said, “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face,” that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room,” and that Peterson stuffed his mouth with leaves and hit him with the switch as his pants were down.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

A grand jury has indicted Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson with reckless or negligent injury to a child, WCCO has confirmed through multiple sources, and will not play in this Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

The NFL recently unveiled a domestic-violence policy, which stipulates a six-game suspension for a first offense but allows for steeper penalties if children are involved, CBS Houston reported.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                        http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/0...r-child-abuse/

The NFL recently unveiled a domestic-violence policy, which stipulates a six-game suspension for a first offense but allows for steeper penalties if children are involved, CBS Houston reported.
                        I think Adrian is going to miss this season, under-punishing people isn't going to be in vogue for a while.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

This is seriously fd up. Im now curious about the death of the other kid.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            I think Adrian is going to miss this season, under-punishing people isn't going to be in vogue for a while.
                            After the Ray Rice episode, Peterson is toast.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                              From what I understand it was just a little spanking but he's a high profile human so this gets a lot of attention. Shoot my parents used to belt and wooden spoon me all the time. They managed to not be indicted lol.
                              Getting a good smack on the rump is a lot different than whipping your 4 year old child with tree branches until he bleeds, and stuffing leaves down his mouth to drown out the cries.

Sorry, but Adrian Peterson just made Micheal Vick look better.

Comment

Working...
                              X