Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: EJ horribly inaccurate

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Then that is the wrong route - Watkins did not make the postsnap read

I don't want to nitpick you, but ultimately that is still the wrong route

Regardless, the idea that a QB does not throw to a spot is wrong as wrong can be
    Not always, depends on the call. Some routes are based on pre-snap reads alone and some on post-snap reads. Like I said could be a number of things.

Agreed.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
      *********. If you pay no attention to RAC, maybe. But that would be delusional.

Those slant patterns to Sammy make those numbers what they are, and those will soon be defended against.

Then Trent Manuel will be forced to go vertical. And the Bills will be fuct.

Except it has not all been RAC.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Not always, depends on the call. Some routes are based on pre-snap reads alone and some on post-snap reads. Like I said could be a number of things.

Agreed.

My point is, that if one used the pre-snap read and the other a post-snap read one still messed up. It was either thrown to the wrong spot or was the wrong route.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
          Dont go throwing facts out there like that. He was open should have been hit bla bla bla. Thats what the expert armchairs are saying. An NFL offense is all about communication and feel between the players. You throw where you think hes going to be based on the defense not where he is at. Thats how its done
          Look at the end of the day... When QBs & WR miss opportunities like that, they lose to good teams.
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• Downinfloflo
            Victimizing The Victimizer
            • Aug 2012

Yep. Although he was spot on when throwing to Watkins this last game.But I am sure that is his fault too.
            And it should also be noted that Seattle, Carolina, San Francisco and San Diego also have 0 passes over 40 yards too.

Do their QBs suck?

How many winning seasons have those teams had in the last 14 years?

Did Seattle just win the Super Bowl? Were the 49'ers just in the Super Bowl?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

My point is, that if one used the pre-snap read and the other a post-snap read one still messed up. It was either thrown to the wrong spot or was the wrong route.
              I think that's a over simplification of the offensive call and requirements. It's not worth really getting into because neither of us can actually prove anything right or wrong. We'll have to agree to disagree.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                Victimizing The Victimizer
                • Aug 2012

The Bills are 5th in the NFL in passes over 20 yards

His reputation for only checking down was much more deserved last year. Not as true this year
                Could it be because he dumps the ball off 2 yards down the field, And the running backs do the rest?

Comment

• Buffalogic
                  Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  I think that's a over simplification of the offensive call and requirements. It's not worth really getting into because neither of us can actually prove anything right or wrong. We'll have to agree to disagree.
                  The bottom line is should that have been a touchdown? Yes or no? And do you see pro bowl QB's miss that type of throw for a touchdown? Yes or No?

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                    Could it be because he dumps the ball off 2 yards down the field, And the running backs do the rest?
                    And it is 20 yards. Is that long or something? It is not. Seattle gets away without having a deep threat because their Playcaller is very inventive. Ours, haha is not.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      • Feb 2006

Yep. Although he was spot on when throwing to Watkins this last game.But I am sure that is his fault too.
                      And it should also be noted that Seattle, Carolina, San Francisco and San Diego also have 0 passes over 40 yards too.

Do their QBs suck?
                      Running QB, Running QB, Running QB, Noodle Arm.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Flash Goodwin needs to make an appearance this sunday.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Look at the end of the day... When QBs & WR miss opportunities like that, they lose to good teams.
                          Our QB played a total of 12 games and the receiver played 2 games in their NFL career thus far. Can we give them some time?

EJ has thrown one deep pass each game without connecting. If I were Marrone, I'd not even call those plays. If they give me what Miami has given me, just keep doing what I'm doing because it is working and I'm winning. No need to show my hidden hand if I don't have to. When they managed to stop me, then I turn to that playbook page.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                            • Aug 2013

Two reasons:

We've become experts at quickly identifying false messiahs at the QB position after having been fed a steady stream of them for a decade.

We have eyes, which we use to watch real deal NFL QBs, and it's night and day, regardless of "he's only on his 12th NFL start" nonsense.

EJ has been asked to do next to nothing and has barely accomplished that.

This team could go to the playoffs with a legit QB. EJ is not one, at this point. Some of us feel that we've seen this exact guy a few times before, but with a different name on his jersey.
                            Well I don't think he is a legit QB who can take us to the playoffs right now either. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that he has shown a bit of poise and confidence that makes me think he may grow into the QB we need. I'm not allowing the failures of any past QBs impact my analysis, and I really think others should do the same.

I guess we saw two different things in the past 2 weeks. I'm not going to go toe to toe with you on experience at the Bills pulling a fast one on us over the years as you've seen a lot. I'm just staying positive until we start losing this season.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Two reasons:

We've become experts at quickly identifying false messiahs at the QB position after having been fed a steady stream of them for a decade.

We have eyes, which we use to watch real deal NFL QBs, and it's night and day, regardless of "he's only on his 12th NFL start" nonsense.

EJ has been asked to do next to nothing and has barely accomplished that.

This team could go to the playoffs with a legit QB. EJ is not one, at this point. Some of us feel that we've seen this exact guy a few times before, but with a different name on his jersey.
                                EJ has started 12 games in the NFL.

That is FACT, not nonsense.

If EJ continues to play like he did against the Fins, the Bills will go to the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X