• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: EJ horribly inaccurate

16 of 22 and now 16 of 26... so 32 of 48 = 67% completion rate

Not sure what you're looking for because that puts him top 10 in the league out of the starters.

I think your argument would be better if you went after him for yards per game or something like that.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
      Exactly. He is holding this team back. As long as he is the the starting quarterback I don't think they will make the playoffs and if they do I don't think they will have a chance at winning the game. Unless the defense turns into the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.
      Amazingly impatient!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

He was not horrible inaccurate. That is just an absurd thing to say

He might have missed Watkins on that throw, although it is certainly possible that Watkins did not cut enough. He threw the ball before Watkins made his move.

But even if he did and threw the other two passes poorly (which those certainly he did) that does not make him "horribly inaccurate"

Unfortunately it seems that any discussion of him is, for some people, focused only when he does make a mistake and the can jump in with an "I told you so". The fact is, during the course of a game, most QBs will make bad throws. They all do it. Hell, even Brady and Manning and Brees and Rodgers do it.

What is evident is that he is progressing. He is not a completely finished product yet. But he is learning the game and learning what he can and can't do. he had a perfect pass to Watkins deep that did not work out. The pass to Chandler was great. He used his outlets well when he was flushed from the pocket.

The fact of the matter is they won today and the QB did not turn the ball over. Is he a bona fide star? Hell no

But let's not treat him like he is Bruce Mathison, Joe Dufek or Matt ****ing Kolfer either.

Why some people only want to focus on a few bad throws is beyond me. I get that they want the team to succeed. But why they can't be the least bit objective is confusing as all hell.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

These have been great team wins....big plays by a lot of guys, especially on the D line and the special teams.

Manuel has been methodical and workmanlike in his approach.

Some of you guys don't deserve to call yourselves fans.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

We need a No Whining Zone!

Comment

• Spartacus
              • Mar 2003

EJ was okay, but I admit I was worried about the succession of field goals, but he got better. Hackett is up and down too, the guys in the booth were laughing about predicting his play calls.

But overall we made Miami look REALLY BAD. They stunk.

How much of that was them and how much was us remainjs to be seen, but I'm certainly more optimiastic. We have a bunch of really good athletes. If EJ and Hackett can keep improving, we may not have to be embarrassed by the Bills this year.
              My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                EJ is now 6 and 6... Can you name any other Bills QB (not named Bledsoe) in the last 14 years that was .500?
                Kelly Holcomb was 4 - 4 as a starter.
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                  He was not horrible inaccurate. That is just an absurd thing to say

He might have missed Watkins on that throw, although it is certainly possible that Watkins did not cut enough. He threw the ball before Watkins made his move.

But even if he did and threw the other two passes poorly (which those certainly he did) that does not make him "horribly inaccurate"

Unfortunately it seems that any discussion of him is, for some people, focused only when he does make a mistake and the can jump in with an "I told you so". The fact is, during the course of a game, most QBs will make bad throws. They all do it. Hell, even Brady and Manning and Brees and Rodgers do it.

What is evident is that he is progressing. He is not a completely finished product yet. But he is learning the game and learning what he can and can't do. he had a perfect pass to Watkins deep that did not work out. The pass to Chandler was great. He used his outlets well when he was flushed from the pocket.

The fact of the matter is they won today and the QB did not turn the ball over. Is he a bona fide star? Hell no

But let's not treat him like he is Bruce Mathison, Joe Dufek or Matt ****ing Kolfer either.

Why some people only want to focus on a few bad throws is beyond me. I get that they want the team to succeed. But why they can't be the least bit objective is confusing as all hell.

I don't know why it's confusing to you. It's pretty obvious to me. They have put their "message board reps" on the line by prematurely labeling EJ a bust. I truly believe there are a small handful of posters here that don't want EJ to succeed.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                    Kelly Holcomb was 4 - 4 as a starter.
                    LOL... I'm not even gonna check your accuracy.. His favorite target was Larry Centers.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Definitely wouldn't say that. He's missed some throws. But I don't know what other people are seeing, he's definitively improved in the games I'm watching. He's making more intermediate throws and throws down the middle. Not checking down as much. Also seems to be throwing to the right guys (even when he misses them).

Obviously no Peyton Manning, but he's doing pretty well. Don't feel he's making great decisions in the "zone read" runs, though. The one time he kept it, he was well defended.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

He's in the 7.8 - 7.9 yards per attempt range and he's throwing to all parts of the field in all ranges... Not bad for 12 starts.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                          • Mar 2006

For all my concerns about the dude, he's progressing and that's all I can ask.

He's not going to improve to Elite this year, or maybe ever. But the Bills can win with this
                          Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

Everybody wants him to succeed. But if you criticize him at all the Homers start crying and going off the deep end saying 'omg you want him to failll ohh the humanity'. Stop being little ***** drama queens and open your eyes.

The guy continuously shrivels up in the red zone because he is scared about his accuracy. If you can't see that you aren't watching the game.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
                              Everybody wants him to succeed. But if you criticize him at all the Homers start crying and going off the deep end saying 'omg you want him to failll ohh the humanity'. Stop being little ***** drama queens and open your eyes.

The guy continuously shrivels up in the red zone because he is scared about his accuracy. If you can't see that you aren't watching the game.
                              That's not the case at all.

People are fine with criticism when it is due. But when people go overboard and nitpick that is when people get upset.

I don't see anybody saying he was perfect. I do see a few not acknowledging that he has done anything well
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                                • Feb 2006

Going 1/7 in the red zone isn't good enough for an nfl qb regardless of what his name is or what team he plays for.

Comment

Working...
                                X