• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: EJ horribly inaccurate

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
    Dont go throwing facts out there like that. He was open should have been hit bla bla bla. Thats what the expert armchairs are saying. An NFL offense is all about communication and feel between the players. You throw where you think hes going to be based on the defense not where he is at. Thats how its done
    I don't know who was wrong on that pass. I will say, since I was sitting in that end, as soon as EJ threw the ball I looked down field and by the time I looked Watkins was just starting to cut. He threw it well before he made a move

Either one could have been wrong. Unless we know exactly how it was drawn up we can't be sure. It could be the 2nd year QB who does not have great accuracy. Or it could be the mega talented but still a rookie WR.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

New Flash....Bills make Peter King's "Fine Fifteen". His comment goes perfectly as to exactly how clueless the EJ haters out there are...

10. Buffalo (2-0). Bills 56, Foes 30. E.J. Manuel’s completing 67 percent. Two statoids I never thought I’d be writing after two weeks.

[ATTACH]17094[/ATTACH]
      Is a 67% completion rate and passer rating of 95.4 is "horribly inaccurate"??? I don't think so. Time to get the negative glasses cleaned, and slow down the beer drinking.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Mike
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
        "If ya ain't complainin', there must be something wrong". New Age America.

I have a comparison. In 2000, when Tom Brady replaced Bledsoe due to injury, he was less than impressive. The Patriots won games because of a stellar defense and a running game. Brady was a game manager, running a dink and dunk passing game. He passed for exactly 146 yards in the Super Bowl, most coming on the last drive that ended in a FIELD GOAL.

Brady was a young QB trying to get comfortable in the NFL. Fortunately for him, he was able to grow with a team that was successful. It bred the confidence that you have seen ever since. The same can be said for Roethlisberger. Can E.J. follow the same template? We don't know yet, but it's possible. He's gaining in confidence with every win.

That's the problem with quick assessments, they are sometimes wrong. If you look at alot of HOF QB's, they had meager beginnings. Montana road the bench for almost two years. Aikman was terrible his first two seasons. Even Peyton Manning took time to adapt. I could go on, but most of you know the stories.

E.J. stills needs alot of work, he is still guiding his passes and has to get more accurate, but he is improving. I look forward to watching his development and I'm not going to judge just yet.

Enjoy the ride, boyos, unless you want to strap on a helmet and compete for the starting job.
        Are Your Reay comparing EJ to Brady....
        Please Make Sense

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by soapman View Post
          Sammy ran that route way to skinny. EJ wasn't rushed and it APPEARED that he expected Sammy to break more towards the middle of the field. Sammy kept it skinny to avoid the safety. Miscommunication. They don't have the rapport just yet.
          Open is open. Guessing that Sammy ran the wrong route to save EJ is a horrible argument. So the qb can't make an adjustment during a play? Ridiculous. Real qb's make plays when the original concept breaks down. The guy is wide open in the end zone it should be a touchdown.

You want to blame our receiver for getting wide open in the end zone just so we can make an excuse for our QB who clearly ****ed that up. It's the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            New Flash....Bills make Peter King's "Fine Fifteen". His comment goes perfectly as to exactly how clueless the EJ haters out there are...

Is a 67% completion rate and passer rating of 95.4 is "horribly inaccurate"??? I don't think so. Time to get the negative glasses cleaned, and slow down the beer drinking.
            Oh my god it is about situational football and not an overall stat line. He's not putting up touchdowns with multiple attempts when we need the points. Then people defend him and say our receivers are wrong for being open. It's insane.

Comment

• soapman
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
              Open is open. Guessing that Sammy ran the wrong route to save EJ is a horrible argument. So the qb can't make an adjustment during a play? Ridiculous. Real qb's make plays when the original concept breaks down. The guy is wide open in the end zone it should be a touchdown.

You want to blame our receiver for getting wide open in the end zone just so we can make an excuse for our QB who clearly ****ed that up. It's the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard.
              If he throws that pass to where Sammy was and Sammy makes his cut you are saying the same thing. It's a communication thing. Yes he should be able to adjust but if he's throwing the ball where Sammy SHOULD be and based on what I saw away from the coverage, you can't really blame him. As they play more together these things won''t happen as much, but it's growing pains.

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Are Your Reay comparing EJ to Brady....
                No. He used Brady as an example of why early success (whether earned or not) is important for QBs to develop.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

The throw was made before Sammy made his cut. That happens on more passes then not in the NFL. If the WR isn't in the right spot the QB will look bad. To say you know who missed that play is ludicrous.

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Oh my god it is about situational football and not an overall stat line. He's not putting up touchdowns with multiple attempts when we need the points. Then people defend him and say our receivers are wrong for being open. It's insane.
                    You do not have the first idea what you are talking about.

Incredibly ignorant.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

You know what is insane?

People *****ing about EJ & the Bills when they are 2-0.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                        You do not have the first idea what you are talking about.

Incredibly ignorant.
                        Cool reply. Really did a lot for the thread. And nice points to back up your argument.

We left a lot of points on the field. The reason we left those points on the field is primarily because of the quarterback. There is no denying that, unless you want to be a homer and say it wasn't actually 7 red zone attempts, it was five. No, wait, actually it was 4 because Sammy ran the wrong route and he's wrong for being open. So a 1/7 performance turns into a 1/4 performance with apologies made for our worse offensive player, but guess what, even after all the excuses 1/4 is still horrible.

I want EJ to succeed but I'm not going to throw a party for the guy when he played a very small role in the win.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        You know what is insane?

People *****ing about EJ & the Bills when they are 2-0.
                        Give EJ more credit for what the defense and spiller do. That's how you evaluate an NFL qb and don't let anyone tell you differently!
                        Last edited by Buffalogic; 09-15-2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Give it a rest WC... Nobody's giving EJ more credit for the win than the D or CJ... They're simply disputing the "Horribly Inaccurate" thread title.

Fact is that he shows progress period.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                            Give it a rest WC... Nobody's giving EJ more credit for the win than the D or CJ... They're simply disputing the "Horribly Inaccurate" thread title.

Fact is that he shows progress period.
                            Sorry 1/7 inside the opponents 20 yard line is not progress. We were 1/7 because EJ was horribly innacurate.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                              Victimizing The Victimizer
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                              It's obvious that EJ's still nervous in the red zone, leading to spastic throws.

Hopefully when he gets more comfortable, his accuracy will improve. His mechanics are fine. he just needs to get out of his own way.
                              Well......Easier to fix someones mechanical issues then it is their mental ones.

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

Cool reply. Really did a lot for the thread. And nice points to back up your argument.
                                Oh please. I DID present many points. You ignore reality. You, on the other hand, are prone to hyperbole and are not very convincing.

I don't care one whit how many points we "left on the field"...as long as there are more than the other team. That is all that matters.

If EJ plays like he did the past two games, we will be on the winning side many more times than not.

You are defending a demonstrable lie, that Ej is "horribly inaccurate". Anything else you say is nonsense because the premise is fatally flawed as evidenced by facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X