Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: EJ horribly inaccurate

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: EJ horribly inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by Wagon Circler View Post
    I've always said Kaepernick is a joke and is a wide receiver playing quarterback. Do a forum search on Kaepernick if you want, I crush him in every thread. I'm an equal opportunity crusher and my opinions usually get a lot of heat in the moment, but as time goes on I'm right more often than not.

W-L is a team stat, or do you want to give loads of credit to Dilfer? Depending on the structure of the team, W-L is no more important to a quarterback than it is to an MLB pitcher.
    I see. So EJ going 32 for 48 (66.7%) for 375 yards (7.8 YPA), 2 TD and 1 INT, plus another TD rushing, and going 2-0 aren't good enough for you. Now the only stats that matter are "redzone" stats. Yeah, okay.

How about if you take out the 2 longest runs against the Bears (47 and 38 yards) and the longest run against the Dols (47) and the rushing offense averaging 3.5 YPC and 2.1 YPC? Is that helping EJ out? What about the play of the interior OL? Do you view Chris Williams and Erik Pears as upper, middle, or lower tier OG's? Are they helping him out? And again, do you know whether the routes Sammy and Robert ran in the redzone were the proper ones, in terms of depth?
    Last edited by Goobylal; 09-19-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I see. So EJ going 32 for 48 (66.7%) for 375 yards (7.8 YPA), 2 TD and 1 INT, plus another TD rushing, and going 2-0 aren't good enough for you. Now the only stats that matter are "redzone" stats. Yeah, okay.

How about if you take out the 2 longest runs against the Bears (47 and 38 yards) and the longest run against the Dols (47) and the rushing offense averaging 3.5 YPC and 2.1 YPC? Is that helping EJ out? What about the play of the interior OL? Do you view Chris Williams and Erik Pears as upper, middle, or lower tier OG's? Are they helping him out? And again, do you know whether the routes Sammy and Robert ran in the redzone were the proper ones, in terms of depth?
    Hi. EJ is doing better than last year. However, his situational football is still very poor. That is the point of the thread. I really don't care if he goes 8/8 on a drive that ends in a punt, but you seem to want to celebrate that more than scoring 6 points.

You can't take away runs, they happened. With that said, he is benefitting the mostly from field position. I mean our defense and special teams are setting up the offense in the best way possible and we aren't converting touchdowns.

Our receivers are great. The play can break down in seconds and then it comes down to skill and improvisation. Both of which EJ appears to be lacking in crucial moments. If our receiver is open for a touchdown, we should be scoring on passing plays.

Our O-line has played great and has only given up one sack. Chris Williams, despite the common negativity, opened the huge gaping hole Freddy ran through to seal the bears victory.

It's hard for us to ask our running game, o-line, defense, or special teams to play better. It is not hard to ask that from our QB. He needs to improve and produce at a winning level like the other units on the field, because those units will have off games from time to time and we will lose those games if we can't ask the QB to do anything but settle for field goals.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Hi"?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hi. EJ is doing better than last year. However, his situational football is still very poor. That is the point of the thread. I really don't care if he goes 8/8 on a drive that ends in a punt, but you seem to want to celebrate that more than scoring 6 points.

You can't take away runs, they happened. With that said, he is benefitting the mostly from field position. I mean our defense and special teams are setting up the offense in the best way possible and we aren't converting touchdowns.

Our receivers are great. The play can break down in seconds and then it comes down to skill and improvisation. Both of which EJ appears to be lacking in crucial moments. If our receiver is open for a touchdown, we should be scoring on passing plays.

Our O-line has played great and has only given up one sack. Chris Williams, despite the common negativity, opened the huge gaping hole Freddy ran through to seal the bears victory.

It's hard for us to ask our running game, o-line, defense, or special teams to play better. It is not hard to ask that from our QB. He needs to improve and produce at a winning level like the other units on the field, because those units will have off games from time to time and we will lose those games if we can't ask the QB to do anything but settle for field goals.
    "His situational awareness is poor"? From what orifice are you pulling that one? Even with the missed hookups, EJ has almost always made the correct read. But again, whether it's because he misfired or the receiver ran the wrong route, we don't know. Ascribing it all to EJ is disingenuous at best.

As for taking away the runs, yes, I can take them away. Three long runs out of 25 drives tells me the running game isn't helping the offense out as much as it should/was supposed to be.

Yes the receivers are great. And EJ has been getting them the ball at a 66.7% rate and at 7.8 YPA. But all off-season all people were talking about was how EJ had to "throw the WR's open" or "throw to them and trust them to make a play," and now that he's doing it, it's "well, the receivers are great and are making circus catches."

Sorry, that EJ has only been sacked once does not mean the OL has been playing great. That alone should disqualify you from any future discussions. Williams and Pears have been mostly horrible. I have no idea why Whaley signed Williams and gave him the money he did. But he's made many good personnel moves, so I'll cut him some slack and hope Richardson can take over for him sooner rather than later. I also wonder why Urbik isn't back starting over Pears, whose 6'8" frame and lack of experience at OG is hurting the team. Oh and as for that run by Freddie, he faked like he was going up the middle, which drew the DT to the inside and Williams was able to hold him off long enough for Fred to get through, with help from Wood (who also obliterated Briggs on that play), and then Freddie made a great move to bounce it outside between the massive hole that Cordy also contributed to.

It's hard to ask for the OL to play better because guys like Williams and Pears are at their ceiling and not going to get any better. The best we can hope for is personnel change there. And their play affects the running game and passing game as well. Defense and ST's, I agree, they're doing great.

5. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (09-20-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We disagree. Go Bills!

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"His situational awareness is poor"? From what orifice are you pulling that one? Even with the missed hookups, EJ has almost always made the correct read. But again, whether it's because he misfired or the receiver ran the wrong route, we don't know. Ascribing it all to EJ is disingenuous at best.

As for taking away the runs, yes, I can take them away. Three long runs out of 25 drives tells me the running game isn't helping the offense out as much as it should/was supposed to be.

Yes the receivers are great. And EJ has been getting them the ball at a 66.7% rate and at 7.8 YPA. But all off-season all people were talking about was how EJ had to "throw the WR's open" or "throw to them and trust them to make a play," and now that he's doing it, it's "well, the receivers are great and are making circus catches."

Sorry, that EJ has only been sacked once does not mean the OL has been playing great. That alone should disqualify you from any future discussions. Williams and Pears have been mostly horrible. I have no idea why Whaley signed Williams and gave him the money he did. But he's made many good personnel moves, so I'll cut him some slack and hope Richardson can take over for him sooner rather than later. I also wonder why Urbik isn't back starting over Pears, whose 6'8" frame and lack of experience at OG is hurting the team. Oh and as for that run by Freddie, he faked like he was going up the middle, which drew the DT to the inside and Williams was able to hold him off long enough for Fred to get through, with help from Wood (who also obliterated Briggs on that play), and then Freddie made a great move to bounce it outside between the massive hole that Cordy also contributed to.

It's hard to ask for the OL to play better because guys like Williams and Pears are at their ceiling and not going to get any better. The best we can hope for is personnel change there. And their play affects the running game and passing game as well. Defense and ST's, I agree, they're doing great.
    The thing is, Manuel and his OL has faced a CHI defense where the consensus here was a poor one, and in the next game, MIA, we were informed, was lacking their starting lb corps. SD seems to be pretty intact regarding their defensive starters, but missing their best rb and probably their best wr. Which, if that causes them to falter offensively, aids the BUF offense. I can't really change my opinion about Manual's poor pre season...he did get more than normal starting time. Of course, the 2 victories are welcome, and his performance was good.

SD TE Gates had a fine game last week...targeted 7 times and snagged all of them, and wr Royal grabbed 7 of 10. Rb Woodhead caught 4 of 5, replacing injured starter Matthews.

Should be an interesting contest, perhaps one where Manual shows something more to my liking.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-20-2014 at 11:44 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My fervent wish is that when he is circling the wagons in Arizona he gets three or four arrows though his heart.

Lots of Injuns down there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    My fervent wish is that when he is circling the wagons in Arizona he gets three or four arrows though his heart.

Lots of Injuns down there.
    Rofl that is a bit extreme.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rofl that is a bit extreme.
    Ha!!! I made you laugh.

Progress.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    Ha!!! I made you laugh.

Progress.
    You had a couple good one's in the stadium thread but I wasn't ready to give you credit for them yet.

12. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (09-20-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This website needs to buy a few cans of Troll-B-Gone.

Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-20-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

^ you really felt this was necessary?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

^ you really felt this was necessary?
    Was it posted? Somebody needed to post something to get you to shut the **** up about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You said it yourself...he's doing better than last year. That's all we need from him. Improvement. There is one thing about Manual we have clearly seen...he knows how to dog it off. He's our QB and if he can continue to improve we are in business with him.

The comment about Dilfer is way off by the way. Dilfer was a guy with a limited tool set who played lights out with what he had consistently. That does not describe anything about our situation here. Manual has the tools and is/will be coached up to use them as he grows.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Was it posted? Somebody needed to post something to get you to shut the **** up about it.
    I love it. Trolls chasing trolls in cyberspace.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Needed?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    I love it. Trolls chasing trolls in cyberspace.
    Pot, meet kettle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Needed?
    Really?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/needed

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bottom line, EJ looks better than he did last season. Including his accuracy.

Save the criticism for when he has a dud.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    Bottom line, EJ looks better than he did last season. Including his accuracy.

Save the criticism for when he has a dud.
    In my opinion, 99.99% of the credit for that goes to Hackett and the OL.

EJ has been operating under almost no pressure and has been asked to do very little.