Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EJ horribly inaccurate

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: EJ horribly inaccurate

ej has gone from 6 yards an attempt to almost 8. he also isn't being asked to throw30-40 times a game and carry us to the win

there are parts of his game that defintely have to improve and the coaches have to feel like they can trust him to do those things, but if you told me we would have a qb who wouldn't throw games away and could manage wins and make a few big plays when needed (i.e. a good drive in chicago after we gave up a quick TD) and a nice 3rd down TD after the opponent scored to make a game of it), i'd say good enough.

personally, i think ej will a pass and get credit for these type of games for another 3-5 weeks regardless of outcomes. but there will be a time when your qb will need to carry the day. i hope he'll be able to answer the bell. and frankly its more likely that he can when he's playing well than if he was crapping the bed.

2. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (09-16-2014),Meathead (09-19-2014),swiper (09-17-2014),YardRat (09-19-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think one of the best parts of these two wins is that the pessimists are forced to sound like what the optimists normally sound like.

"Well, if you take away these passes and these passes and concentrate on these 2-3 horrible passes then clearly you can see EJ sucks. Obviously, on the second Sunday of months that have a harvest moon, EJ's performance is going to lead to only a 19 point win rather than a 42 point win."
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

4. Post thanked by:

BuffaloRedleg (09-17-2014)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62 View Post
    I think one of the best parts of these two wins is that the pessimists are forced to sound like what the optimists normally sound like.

"Well, if you take away these passes and these passes and concentrate on these 2-3 horrible passes then clearly you can see EJ sucks. Obviously, on the second Sunday of months that have a harvest moon, EJ's performance is going to lead to only a 19 point win rather than a 42 point win."
    There aren't 2-3 great passes to focus on.

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WC you really dont know what the hell your talking about

7. Post thanked by:

YardRat (09-19-2014),Yasgur's Farm (09-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wagon Circler View Post
    I can think of two off the top of my head - both to Watkins

One was in the 2nd quarter and was probably 15 yards down field. EJ threw it to him getting hammered

The second was the deep pass on the sidelines where he hit Watkins in stride and Grimes broke it up.

But let me guess - it is EJ's fault that the pass was broken up
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 09-17-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Of course there are timing routes in the NFL. Nobody is arguing that. Yes the ball is thrown before the receiver comes out of his break. But where the ball is being thrown to is in relation to the receivers route. It's the QB's job to make the ball intersect with the open receiver whether the pass is a timing route or not.

Even the apologetic argument that EJ was looking off the safety is flawed. The ball was missed because it was too close to the safety side. He didn't miss to the right, he missed to the left and that is where the safety was closer to. So EJ, looking off the safety, chose to throw the ball CLOSER to the safety than in the open spot where his receiver was all alone and would have caught the pass? Listen to how dumb that sounds. And why would the receiver try and run CLOSER to the player that is defending him in order to make the catch?? Any way you try to look at it to minimize the blame for EJ, HE MADE AND ERRANT THROW THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TOUCHDOWN.

The posters who don't understand the game are obvious to see. They just dismiss things that their puny brains can't wrap their heads around Jimmifli, Night Train, Squish, etc. If you want to be a homer that's fine, just don't try to analyze the game because it's painful how obtuse some of you are.
    Actually you were arguing that when you said a QB does not throw to a spot and were incredulous at those of us that said QBs do.

And your description is wrong regardless. It is thrown in relation to the WR's route. But if the WR runs the wrong route the ball will not be caught. He can't throw it to the WR if the cut is wrong.

The pass he threw was nowhere near the safety. If it had thrown it like you said it would have been intercepted in the end zone. It was not. It landed harmlessly. He threw the ball to were there was no defender, which is what he is supposed to do. It does not mean that it was the right pass, but certainly is not like you describe.

As for not understanding the game, I don't think any of those posters are showing a lack of understanding. After interacting with those posters you mention for a long time I can say they are not homers. Especially jimmi. I've seen him post for 15 years now and he is anything but a homer.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Defenses will figure out a way to stop the short passing game. They always do. They did last year. It's not that difficult when you have no vertical threat.

Last year they were daring the Bills to throw downfield. And they didn't (unless Thad was playing). And we lost.

And it will happen again.
    Serious question for you

When Fletch, Spiked, Coastal, etc all questioned Pegula and the sale process you questioned whether or not they wanted the Bills to move and said they were upset when the Bills sold and would stay local.

So I assume that you WANT Manuel to fail based on your logic and posting.

The question is why do you want him to fail? Wouldn't you want him to succeed? Do you hate him that much?

Or was your logic flawed and moronic previously?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The tip-toe pass to Chandler was well placed. There can be no argument there.

12. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (09-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There's 3!

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,246 Times in 15,409 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62 View Post

WYSian logic.

15. Post thanked by:

casdhf (09-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    ej has gone from 6 yards an attempt to almost 8. he also isn't being asked to throw30-40 times a game and carry us to the win

there are parts of his game that defintely have to improve and the coaches have to feel like they can trust him to do those things, but if you told me we would have a qb who wouldn't throw games away and could manage wins and make a few big plays when needed (i.e. a good drive in chicago after we gave up a quick TD) and a nice 3rd down TD after the opponent scored to make a game of it), i'd say good enough.

personally, i think ej will a pass and get credit for these type of games for another 3-5 weeks regardless of outcomes. but there will be a time when your qb will need to carry the day. i hope he'll be able to answer the bell. and frankly its more likely that he can when he's playing well than if he was crapping the bed.
    We'll see how this plays out. I'm still willing to stake my reputation on the notion that everyone's going to be coming down hard on Manuel soon.

He's not good in the red zone and leaves the field too often on 3rd downs.

We've managed to overcome that because we played a very weak Miami team in a sick home opening atmosphere and by capitalizing on the poor play of Cutler in week one. We cannot count on those things in a week to week situation.

He has also not been able to play more than one or one-and-a-half consistent quarters of football together at this point.

At some point the offense is going to be forced to move the ball and be effective in the red zone, something that still hasn't happened yet. If we think that we're going to keep winning games by allowing over 400 yards of net offense as in the Bears game, by allowing 4.8 ypc like we did in the Bears game, or by allowing over 200 yards of offense and 17 1st-donws in one half like we did vs. Miami, both signs of a D that isn't as good as some think it is, then we're fooling ourselves, and many here are fooling themselves.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Serious question for you

When Fletch, Spiked, Coastal, etc all questioned Pegula and the sale process you questioned whether or not they wanted the Bills to move and said they were upset when the Bills sold and would stay local.

So I assume that you WANT Manuel to fail based on your logic and posting.

The question is why do you want him to fail? Wouldn't you want him to succeed? Do you hate him that much?

Or was your logic flawed and moronic previously?
    Touché. Excellent post, well said.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    We'll see how this plays out. I'm still willing to stake my reputation on the notion that everyone's going to be coming down hard on Manuel soon.

He's not good in the red zone and leaves the field too often on 3rd downs.

We've managed to overcome that because we played a very weak Miami team in a sick home opening atmosphere and by capitalizing on the poor play of Cutler in week one. We cannot count on those things in a week to week situation.

He has also not been able to play more than one or one-and-a-half consistent quarters of football together at this point.

At some point the offense is going to be forced to move the ball and be effective in the red zone, something that still hasn't happened yet. If we think that we're going to keep winning games by allowing over 400 yards of net offense as in the Bears game, by allowing 4.8 ypc like we did in the Bears game, or by allowing over 200 yards of offense and 17 1st-donws in one half like we did vs. Miami, both signs of a D that isn't as good as some think it is, then we're fooling ourselves, and many here are fooling themselves.
    What reputation?

19. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (09-17-2014),pmoon6 (09-17-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    What reputation?
    Well, he is a top notch douchebag.

21. Post thanked by:

better days (09-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The thing that's so ****ing annoying about threads like this is we've been winning like a third of our games for well over a decade and even when we do get a big W we have the usual suspects whipping their dicks out to piss on our Cheerios

23. Post thanked by:

better days (09-17-2014),pmoon6 (09-17-2014),Yasgur's Farm (09-17-2014)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    The thing that's so ****ing annoying about threads like this is we've been winning like a third of our games for well over a decade and even when we do get a big W we have the usual suspects whipping their dicks out to piss on our Cheerios
    Well, I tried to give a psychological profile of the usual suspects, but I like your take much better.

Too funny.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    What reputation?
    another legend in his own mind.

26. Post thanked by:

better days (09-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Because we have seen this before and another crash and burn after a hot start is on the horizon because our offense can't put up the points it needs to even when everything is going completely in their favor.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Because we have seen this before and another crash and burn after a hot start is on the horizon because our offense can't put up the points it needs to even when everything is going completely in their favor.
    Defense mechanism to avoid pain.

Do you have an extra ten "Y" chromosomes? Little testicles?

They now make a self absorbing cream that may help or you can go to full pony and take the injections.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    Actually you were arguing that when you said a QB does not throw to a spot and were incredulous at those of us that said QBs do.

And your description is wrong regardless. It is thrown in relation to the WR's route. But if the WR runs the wrong route the ball will not be caught. He can't throw it to the WR if the cut is wrong.

The pass he threw was nowhere near the safety. If it had thrown it like you said it would have been intercepted in the end zone. It was not. It landed harmlessly. He threw the ball to were there was no defender, which is what he is supposed to do. It does not mean that it was the right pass, but certainly is not like you describe.

As for not understanding the game, I don't think any of those posters are showing a lack of understanding. After interacting with those posters you mention for a long time I can say they are not homers. Especially jimmi. I've seen him post for 15 years now and he is anything but a homer.
    Your argument is that this magical spot is fixed regardless of what happens post snap and that is just not how it works.

Rewatch the play. The ball lands between the safety and Watkins. He's leading Watkins INTO the safety when the guy is wide open where he is. Whether it is a timing pattern or not, he should be able to recognize the trajectory of the receiver and connect on that play. Watkins is open before the ball is thrown so the QB should be able to anticipate where he will end up.

Nobody hates EJ. If EJ plays well that means the bills win. Period. We want the bills to win, but if they don't score touchdowns when they are set up perfectly to do so, we probably are going to lose to strong teams.

30. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-17-2014)