Thread: Fred Jackson: "Something different about this team"

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fred Jackson: "Something different about this team"

A little bedtime viewing to ensure nice dreams.

Enjoy.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/vi...7-972568d02c7a

Says it's early and they can't get ahead of themselves.

Don't get to high. Keep going to work. Red zone, third downs, running game: all things that need improvement.

As a fan 2-0 never bothers me.

But I like hearing from a player that 2-0 isn't their focus right now.

F-Jax always says the right things. Great interview.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (09-15-2014),DynaPaul (09-15-2014),Generalissimus Gibby (09-14-2014),jlgarsh (09-15-2014),notacon (09-15-2014),Novacane (09-15-2014),pmoon6 (09-15-2014),RedEyE (09-14-2014),sukie (09-14-2014),YardRat (09-15-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Fred Jackson: "Something different about this team"

I'm extremely happy with the team right now but they've started out hot and ended up below .500 too many times in recent history for me to fall for it again so soon. I thought we turned a corner when we finally ended the streak vs NE..
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

4. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (09-14-2014),hydro (09-15-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WE WIN !!! WE WIN !! WE WIN !! I don't know what the final record will be, but the Bills feel relevant again !! What a prefect day to honor Jim Kelly. Not only did the Bills win, but they beat Kelly's archrivals today. AWESOME !!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    I'm extremely happy with the team right now but they've started out hot and ended up below .500 too many times in recent history for me to fall for it again so soon. I thought we turned a corner when we finally ended the streak vs NE..
    Yes, unlike week one this game was a lot more fun watching.

You're right though, football is won based on some basic principles that we're just not executing well and haven't in years.

It's great that we won, but how do you keep winning when you have trouble getting 1st downs? We're only better than Jacksonville in 1st downs. That's hardly complimentary.

How do you keep winning when you can't convert 3rds? We're not a whole lot better at that.

We're also not much better at Red Zone and we're average at a lot of things and neither team that we've played has a great D.

We're not going to win many games on special teams TDs and defensive set ups. We better start moving the ball better if we're going to keep winning.

I'm not setting myself up as a patsy.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-15-2014 at 03:59 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, there still is plenty of room for improvement, and having leadership like Fred and Kyle in the locker room to remind everybody of that is invaluable. I would couple both AL's and JB's contract together to keep FJ around if that's what it took. Thankfully, he's not a greedy money-whore. The consummate team first professional.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A team can win with a GOOD defense & special teams as long as the Offense limits the turnovers.

That is how the Bills won the first two games.

And as one of Danny Crossman's biggest critics, I have to say I am impressed with how well special teams is playing.

Colton Schmidt, your next GREAT Bills punter.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And speaking of Colton Schmidt, he is another example of how good the Bills scouting dept is.

There are a number of teams that would love to have Schmidt about now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

listening to Fred Jackson on WGR this morning, Howard Simon asked him again about this quote and Fred kind of insinuated that it's different because everyone is focused on the team and that there isn't anyone looking out for themselves before the team. that kind of made me think he was referring to Stevie or Jairus.

11. Post thanked by:

Novacane (09-15-2014)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,062 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billsburgh View Post
    listening to Fred Jackson on WGR this morning, Howard Simon asked him again about this quote and Fred kind of insinuated that it's different because everyone is focused on the team and that there isn't anyone looking out for themselves before the team. that kind of made me think he was referring to Stevie or Jairus.
    Bingo. Two of the most selfish players in franchise history.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well actually the "something" that's different is talent.
    This team is simply more talented than the Bills teams of recent memory.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billsburgh View Post
    He could definitely be talking about Jason Peters from the 2008 team that started 4-0.