• Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Child Beaters: Adrian Peterson’s Four-Year-Old Obviously Had It Coming

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Post like this never cease to amaze me?

Who the hell are you talking to? Who is James Brown lecturing? The pro-child beating crowd? The domestic violence fan club?

All of these people are just self-aggrandizing blow hards. Lecturing an entire country full of people damning child and wife beaters is like filibustering on the benefits of oxygen.

We get it. There are morons out there who don't, sure. But neither James Brown, nor Bob Costas, nor any other talking head on TV is going to sway them. As for the other 99% of us, we don't need convincing. We just want to watch a God damn football game without being talked down to by some unqualified jackass who is an expert on nothing.
    The fact that people don't get why they talk about is exactly why they do talk about it

This should transcend football and can teach us about where we are as a society.

It might take some thinking. But it can be done
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
      The fact that people don't get why they talk about is exactly why they do talk about it

This should transcend football and can teach us about where we are as a society.

Who are "THEY" to be teaching anyone about anything? Again, what qualifies James Brown or Bob Costas? What makes them experts? It's condescending, presumptuous bull**** and its real purpose is just posing.

And I guarantee you that blowhards like Costas' view on "where we are as a society" is worthless. He has no more expertise on any subject than anyone else.

There's a time and a place for everything, and an NFL broadcast is neither. If people want to be preached to, there are plenty of other places they can get that.
      Last edited by WagonCircler; 09-15-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Who said they are experts?

Nobody.

If we only discussed topics were were experts on, this place would be quiet. Nobody wants to talk about cats with me or being a bouncer with you.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ckg927
          Not quite Best in the World....
          • Aug 2012

Wagon: Then where the F can we get some perspective on what the hell is going on with the NFL? You sure as hell aren't going to get it on the NFL's house network.

Go ahead. You're the stinking expert on it.

Tell us. We await your pearls of wisdom.
          "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            Bull crap. I'm a Bible believing Christian what you'd call a fundamentalist and I don't believe in abuse. What Peterson did was abuse.
            I got spanked and spanked my kids when they were younger. 2 or 3 taps on a clothed butt with a paddle. Not 15 beatings on a bare butt. You libs will probably say that's abuse too. Whatever.

Can a mod please move this thread to the spin zone??????????? I avoid that place for a reason!!!!!!!!!
            So anyone who disagrees with your fundamental religious beliefs is a "Lib"? Never heard that convoluted logic before. I'm sure there are plenty of religious people who are what you would call liberal, but then some people like you call everyone who doesn't share all your beliefs "liberals" without ever understanding the meaning of the word. Heres how Liberalism is defined:
            Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and private property. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
            Sounds pretty Anti-American to put down "Libs", when you understand the definition.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post

It's called context, Doctor.

Like I alluded to, if you need to refer to the NFL to teach us as to where we are as a society, that should probably teach us a lot about society right there. Do you really think that people are going to say "hmmm...I didn't think child abuse was bad before, but I can see how that can be bad now" just because an NFL commentator gave a commentary? That will help fix things?

And this "it might take some thinking" coming from a guy that says he likes homosexuality, even though he wouldn't dream about partaking in homosexual activities under any circumstances. Again, context. The NFL shouldn't have to be a forum for these subjects. If it does, then that's pathetic.

I just don't want to hear about it from the NFL. Stick the discipline reigned down on Peterson...that's relevant. What he did or did not do is entirely upon him.

Since the NFL is basically based upon controlled violence, I don't think these are the people to get on a soapbox anyway.
              Last edited by feldspar; 09-15-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

The NFL should decide to sit this guy indefinitely.

Welcome to the league where you can beat women and children and get a slap on the wrist, well until the video becomes public and where doing some weed a few times gets you an entire year off. Well now Gordon's suspension is reduced to 10 games but still.

Doing some pot = 10 games off. Beating a child = 1 game off.

What's wrong with this picture?

Comment

• mercyrule
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  WTF does this have to do with Bills football?
                  Who TF cares?
                  Victory for the forces of Democratic freedom
                  Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy
                  Ummm, McCain hasn't been inocculated as prez yet. ~ honey
                  If I were to rely on You! , WHICH THANK GOD I DON'T. i would be looking at moving into a railer hose! ~ Mr. honey

Comment

• mercyrule
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                    Does the blogger always dress like Catwoman and carry a whip?

Or was it just for that article?
                    Yes, she always does. I love the Wonkette. Always entertaining
                    Victory for the forces of Democratic freedom
                    Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy
                    Ummm, McCain hasn't been inocculated as prez yet. ~ honey
                    If I were to rely on You! , WHICH THANK GOD I DON'T. i would be looking at moving into a railer hose! ~ Mr. honey

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                      Guy should be banned just like Ray Rice, IF what he's being accused of is true. There's no reason to beat a 4 year old with a stick. EVER.
                      The Ray Rice situation is disgusting and based on what I've heard on the four year old kid's injuries Peterson should be ashamed of his actions.

However, I didn't know the NFL was in charge of enforcing the law or dictating social policy. Personally I'm over hearing about it.

If Ray Rice had spit on a man and than punched him out wouldn't his actions still be horrific?

The problem starts with law enforcement.

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                        I didn't know the NFL was in charge of enforcing the law or dictating social policy.
                        The law and "social policy" notwithstanding, this is about brand management. The NFL and major-league sports in general have problems. A few thousand of them...in the form of immature, instantly wealthy, young men who take being full of piss and vinegar to a whole 'nutha level.

These guys have worked hard as hell to get where they are. It's a damn shame to see some of them piss it away, but not nearly the shame that is giving them a pass time after time.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                          chop chop
                          • Jun 2003

This subject has been beaten to death
                          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                            The law and "social policy" notwithstanding, this is about brand management. The NFL and major-league sports in general have problems. A few thousand of them...in the form of immature, instantly wealthy, young men who take being full of piss and vinegar to a whole 'nutha level.

These guys have worked hard as hell to get where they are. It's a damn shame to see some of them piss it away, but not nearly the shame that is giving them a pass time after time.
                            If it was about brand management, Ray Rice would have been given a 1 year suspension right out of the gate.

All of this bull**** is about politics.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gebobs View Post

The problem is that if a person is inclined to punch or beat a defenseless person without a threat/provocation than there is no policy on the planet that will deter their actions. A sociopath isn't going to be deterred by policy. If law enforcement had done their job Mr. Rice would be in jail so it would be pretty hard to debate if he should be on the field or not. The problem is that they didn't.

It's hard to justify suspending him indefintely when he was given pre-trial diversion. Now your doing the justice systems job. The problem starts with law enforcement. These guys are trained to arrest first and ask questions later.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                                Escaped Convict
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                                The problem is that if a person is inclined to punch or beat a defenseless person without a threat/provocation than there is no policy on the planet that will deter their actions..
                                And furthermore, they are absolutely not going to be deterred by and arrogant homilies from football studio hosts.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍