View Poll Results: How confident are you that we will finish better than 6-10?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • At this point after 2 games I am confident that we will be at least 7-9.

35 87.50%
  • At this point after 2 games I am not confident that we will be better than 6-10.

5 12.50%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How confident are you at this point that we're going to win more than 4 more games?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

How confident are you at this point that we're going to win more than 4 more games?

OK, so we're 2-0 after a couple of unconventional wins where our offense did little to win the games. We've seen this movie before though. Last year we started 2-2 before finishing 6-10, 2-1 the year before same result, 3-0 the year before that same result. That's 7-3 to start the last three seasons, playoff performance up front. Not to mention that our team stats aren't really suggestive of a 2-0 team.

We're 2-0 but we rank in a 6-way tie for 2nd to last in offensive TDs scored. Defensively we rank 4th from the bottom in plays from scrimmage allowed and 2nd to last in 1st downs allowed.

Can we keep winning on FGs and return TDs? Our defense is currently ranked 21st in yardage, 27th in scoring, 5th in rushing and 27th in passing.

We only rank 17th in yardage offense and we haven't exactly played a great defense. We're 5th in rushing offense thanks to a bunch of yards in OT against the Bears, if we count only regulation we'd be about average, 6th in scoring thanks to Carpenter, and 26th in passing thanks to Manuel.

We need to find a way to get some drives going. We're 31st in 1st downs, 25th in 3rd conversions, and 28th in plays from scrimmage, all need to go up.

It's a little early in the season to be baselining yardage stats but the inability to move the ball which our 1st downs, 3rds, and total plays from scrimmage attest to are a concern. They were an issue last season and all through preseason and still are.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-16-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

2. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-16-2014)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,905 Times in 4,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How confident are you at this point that we're going to win more than 4 more game

The ST and D should keep us in enough tight games to win at least 4-5 more.

The offense does need to step up.

13 First Downs and 22 points (6 FG Attempts) with the field position they were set up with against Miami is inexcusable. 7 of those points should have not counted due to Watkins fumbling the ball and the ball going out of bounds at the endzone.

Sundays game was much closer than the what the final score indicates.
    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 09-16-2014 at 06:43 AM.

4. Post thanked by:

Topas (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: How confident are you at this point that we're going to win more than 4 more game

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    13 First Downs and 22 points (6 FG Attempts) with the field position they were set up with against Miami is inexcusable.
    I agree. The concern should be that Miami's defense really isn't that good.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 3,689 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Look at these two sharing a bridge to haunt, how precious.

7. Post thanked by:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

better days (09-16-2014),BillsImpossible (09-16-2014),BuffaloRedleg (09-17-2014),Dr. Who (09-16-2014),Dujek (09-16-2014),HAMMER (09-16-2014),jimmifli (09-17-2014),Novacane (09-16-2014),Parzival (09-17-2014),TacklingDummy (09-16-2014),ublinkwescore (09-16-2014)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,301 Times in 15,448 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'll stand by 7-9, although I'm literally praying we break the playoff curse.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I stand by my prediction of 10-6.

10. Post thanked by:

better days (09-16-2014),Dr. Who (09-16-2014),THATHURMANATOR (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Watkins did not fumble the ball until after it hit the pylon
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

12. Post thanked by:

better days (09-16-2014),BillsImpossible (09-16-2014),Dr. Who (09-16-2014),Dujek (09-16-2014),Jry44 (09-17-2014),malvado78 (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I am somewhat confident but after years of early starts and let downs I will believe it when I see it.

With that said what a fun time Sunday!!!! Can't wait to do it again this week!

14. Post thanked by:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly (09-18-2014),Dr. Lecter (09-16-2014),Historian (09-17-2014),imbondz (09-16-2014),jlgarsh (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

normally i would be pessimistic, but as long as fletch keeps digging this grave, this bills keep winning. if fletch is doing this because he recognizes this is part of the puzzle to getting wins, then he should be nominated as a superfan since we are piling on him every chance we get.

i also think the bills, for the first time in a long time, don't have an active number 11 on the team that completely sucks. and voila! we aren't that awful anymore.

i also see a team after 2 weeks fairly injury free, playing good on all three sides of the ball and gets key contributions from different people. after two weeks that's a whole lot more than i was expecting.

16. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (09-16-2014),ICRockets (09-17-2014)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd think so. They've played 2 games against teams with injuries and goofy offensive play calling. KC has been devastated with injuries, so that should be a win.

I see now that SD rb Matthews is gone.

There's this gem:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...thalf-decision
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-16-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

18. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,367 Times in 8,980 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    The ST and D should keep us in enough tight games to win at least 4-5 more.

The offense does need to step up.

13 First Downs and 22 points (6 FG Attempts) with the field position they were set up with against Miami is inexcusable. 7 of those points should have not counted due to Watkins fumbling the ball and the ball going out of bounds at the endzone.

Sundays game was much closer than the what the final score indicates.
    What buffoonery is this?

Every touchdown is automatically reviewed by the NFL now.

The ball didn't shake lose until Watkins crossed the goal line and hit the pylon. That's not me saying it. That's a fact.

The lengths some of you will go to make everything sound awful is truly baffling.

20. Post thanked by:

Albany,n.y. (09-16-2014),better days (09-16-2014),BillsImpossible (09-16-2014),Dr. Lecter (09-16-2014),Dr. Who (09-16-2014),jlgarsh (09-16-2014),Mad Bomber (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As long as the Bills stay healthy & the defense & Special teams keep playing well this team will continue to win.

Especially at HOME. Bills 27 Chargers 21

10-6 PLAYOFFS!

22. Post thanked by:

Dr. Who (09-16-2014)

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

that ball was moving before he tried to get it into two hands so he could reach for the pylon. further, its very questionable whether he ever got full control of the ball the second time before jamming it onto the pylon, and honestly i dont think he did

i havent complained about the game one bit, im glad the td counted, but if im a ref and get a look at that replay i think im reversing the td and giving the fish the ball at the twenty
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

24. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-16-2014),Topas (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    I'd think so. They've played 2 games against teams with injuries and goofy offensive play calling. KC has been devastated with injuries, so that should be a win.

I see now that SD rb Matthews is gone.

There's this gem:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...thalf-decision
    If you had watched the game, you would know Philben made the right decision.

The Crowd was CRAZY LOUD & the Bills Defense was playing GREAT.

The Fins had no hope of scoring before the half.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    that ball was moving before he tried to get it into two hands so he could reach for the pylon. further, its very questionable whether he ever got full control of the ball the second time before jamming it onto the pylon, and honestly i dont think he did

i havent complained about the game one bit, im glad the td counted, but if im a ref and get a look at that replay i think im reversing the td and giving the fish the ball at the twenty
    The call on the field can not be overturned unless there is INDISPUTABLE evidence that the wrong call was made.

The call on the field was a TD.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I agree. The concern should be that Miami's defense really isn't that good.
    Well, if the Fins defense really isn't that good, Brady & the Pats* must be TERRIBLE.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,690 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think we all know that this team can blow up and finish 4-12. After all, it is the Bills and we have been teased before. And if they have a few injuries on defense and the offense starts to make mistakes, it can turn ugly quickly.

Of course, the defense can also keep playing well and EJ can establish a better rapport with Watkins and get back to hooking up with Woods too. The Oline can start to gel too. If this offense starts to flow well, they will be a damn good team. Certainly not a Super Bowl contendor yet. But they could contend for a playoff spot.

Right now I am going to enjoy what they are doing and how they are playing. The defense has more than done its job. And the offense has done enough and not made mistakes in terms of turnovers and sacks. throw in some timely special teams play and they have a blueprint to be a competitive team.

If I had to guess I would say they will win between 6-8 games. They could totally crap the bed and win 4. Or they could pull a few surprises and beat New England and Green Bay and win 10 games.

I think we can all say one thing - I don't think many of us expected a 2-0 start. So that is a positive.

29. Post thanked by:

Historian (09-17-2014)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    If you had watched the game, you would know Philben made the right decision.

The Crowd was CRAZY LOUD & the Bills Defense was playing GREAT.

The Fins had no hope of scoring before the half.
    Will you PLEASE get down from your "if you had watched the game" hobby horse?

By your lights, nobody can make any comment about any game they haven't seen. News flash: Football has been around for over a hundreds of years. Fans have seen hundreds, thousands of games. They know about ebb and flow, they know how to interpret written play-by-play, they can interpret statistics and situations.

Not everybody needs a picture to understand things.

31. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tdummy and fletch are the 2 posters here who wish the bills will lose just so they can say they were right

33. Post thanked by:

better days (09-16-2014),Dr. Who (09-16-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    I think we all know that this team can blow up and finish 4-12. After all, it is the Bills and we have been teased before. And if they have a few injuries on defense and the offense starts to make mistakes, it can turn ugly quickly.

Of course, the defense can also keep playing well and EJ can establish a better rapport with Watkins and get back to hooking up with Woods too. The Oline can start to gel too. If this offense starts to flow well, they will be a damn good team. Certainly not a Super Bowl contendor yet. But they could contend for a playoff spot.

Right now I am going to enjoy what they are doing and how they are playing. The defense has more than done its job. And the offense has done enough and not made mistakes in terms of turnovers and sacks. throw in some timely special teams play and they have a blueprint to be a competitive team.

If I had to guess I would say they will win between 6-8 games. They could totally crap the bed and win 4. Or they could pull a few surprises and beat New England and Green Bay and win 10 games.

I think we can all say one thing - I don't think many of us expected a 2-0 start. So that is a positive.
    Battered Bills syndrome, akin to battered wife syndrome.