• Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Smarter than most men here :-)
    • Aug 2012

Re: Vikings message board shuts down.

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Well, let's see.

I make a fact based post, pointing out that 98% of NFL players (turns out to be over 99%) are not domestic abusers.

You go off shrieking like an impaled alley cat about the imagined epidemic of domestic abuse in the NFL.

You post an image that is in such poor taste that words don't even suffice, that makes a joke out of the worst case of domestic violence ever committed by an NFL player.

If I have to explain it to you further, it's really a lost cause.
    We'll your assumption is wrong but I am not going to waste anymore time trying to explain that to you.

Have a great day
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Re: Vikings Message Board - Shut Down

People can't voice their opinion? Sounds like another law being broken...
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• JoeMama
        Emotion Sickness
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
        When you've lost the fans, you've lost. And by that standard, the Minnesota Vikings are in trouble.VikingsMessageBoard.com, a longtime board devoted to discussion of the Minnesota Vikings, has shut down forever because of its owners' disgust with the burgeoning Adrian Peterson scandal. And oh, are there plenty of people to be disgusted at. Sure, there's Peterson himself, indicted on charges of child abuse. But the proprietors of the message board also offered the following note, via SB Nation:
        Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.
        1. The Vikings' cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.
        2. We will not give a voice to thugs who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, [jerks].
        Online message boards are a dying medium. Shutting one down voluntarily isn't so much a form of social protest as it is an inevitability.

Which sucks because it's 2002 forever in my mind. Social networking has changed a lot in the last 12 years but my preference for forums has not.
        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
          Online message boards are a dying medium. Shutting one down voluntarily isn't so much a form of social protest as it is an inevitability.

Which sucks because it's 2002 forever in my mind. Social networking has changed a lot in the last 12 years but my preference for forums has not.
          ????
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

Yes and no. We've certainly lost members to social media. It's convenient easy and syncs directly in the palm of your hand. But in a world where sports talk radio thrives and is actually picking up steam, message boards also have a place.

With just two wins and a little sign of promise we have already seen past members come back to celebrate, we still see a decent influx of new members, whether they post or just lurk.

Message boards provide an ongoing dialogue they also allow a little more anonymity. Not so much on this site since so many of us know each other off the forums but user names, avatars, it feels a little different than a Twitter or Facebook. IMO.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
              Tell the guy I'll give him 5 Canadian Dollars
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                Micro/Lit is now selling The Range again...

The Range is for sale.

I did what I came here to do, and thats re-build what Rick destroyed.

I did that and now i'm done having control. I dont like it and I dont want it.

If youre interested, let me know.
                I hear Bon Jovi is still interested in buying something?
                It was all

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Yes and no. We've certainly lost members to social media. It's convenient easy and syncs directly in the palm of your hand. But in a world where sports talk radio thrives and is actually picking up steam, message boards also have a place.

With just two wins and a little sign of promise we have already seen past members come back to celebrate, we still see a decent influx of new members, whether they post or just lurk.
                  I've been a Zoner since day 2 of its existence, and I've come back to celebrate (cautiously).

i never cease to be amazed by people who refuse to enjoy victories.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Open up a Vikings Fans Only forum on this site, and invite them over. Then give OP, Fletch, WagonCircler etc access only to that forum.

Kill two birds with one stone.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Dude
                      that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      LOL. Just like the Range. Where the owner banned every jerk, one by one, until everyone was gone. Only then did he realize he was the real jerk and deleted himself. He in turn sold the site to the only jerk bigger than himself.
                      And most of the sheep over there still don't know that microscopes is Lit. His mea culpa was conveniently deleted when his site was "hacked".

What a cluster.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Re: Vikings message board shuts down.

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                        I had NEVER heard of Nicole Brown and Pez Dispenser in the same sentence before .. so I had to google that .. and when the picture pooped up I posted.

I'd like to know however ever if ANYONE in the league knew of the domestic violence abuse Nicole endured while with OJ??

I'd also like to know how many cases are NOT reported on.

and sorry of my post was offensive it was not meant to be.
                        Simpson was married to Margurite during his playing days. The former Mrs. Simpson never commented on their marriage or if their was domestic violence during it.

She did divorce him though, but that may have been because of his penchant to stray with blonde, white women.

I used to see O.J.and met him several times at Mulligan's On Hertel in Buffalo during the '70's with his posse. (Al Cowlings was one). He had those type of girls falling at his feet. Such is the life of a sports superstar.

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                          And most of the sheep over there still don't know that microscopes is Lit. His mea culpa was conveniently deleted when his site was "hacked".

What a cluster.
                          To be honest with you, it's all just a little bit too much drama for the average Bills fan that comes to these boards looking for news on the Bills. I suspect many just don't care.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Regarding the Vikings fan board, maybe the one thing people haven't considered is that whoever ran it may have been subject to child abuse, has a stepkid who was, a wife or gf who was, works in a field where the results of it are always in the face, etc.....and the resulting conversation made him/them lose all objectivity.

There are a few things in life that trigger an unthinking wrathful rage in me from things I've seen, heard or experienced, or for how they affected people I loved. By and large in life you learn to avoid them, but once owners of anything who can't, come to despise their clients, users, customers, it's time to walk away as they see fit as long as it doesn't personally harm anyone.

I give them credit for shutting it down as a statement, subject to ridicule, because it was enough for them to walk away after making it. Doesn't matter if it was a social protest or not, it was a personal statement and we're all entitled to make them when motivated.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Anytime a real fan of a team doesn't own the site you get a complete douchebag with partial return. Those types track other sites and haunt people that posts on their sites through every name they made up. They try to look objective in those other posts but completely wet the bed with all their actions, tied to previous negative histories.

I wish those sad folks the best of luck, in hell. Burn like the little flower of vomit that born them, best part of themselves missing down mom's leg.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                                Escaped Convict
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                                Anytime a real fan of a team doesn't own the site you get a complete douchebag with partial return. Those types track other sites and haunt people that posts on their sites through every name they made up. They try to look objective in those other posts but completely wet the bed with all their actions, tied to previous negative histories.

I wish those sad folks the best of luck, in hell. Burn like the little flower of vomit that born them, best part of themselves missing down mom's leg.
                                I think your meds have lost their effectiveness.

Comment

Working...
                                X