• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: The first blackout of the Season?

Originally posted by better days View Post
    Can't afford them & even if I could, my focus is on the Bills.

I always watch the Bills first.

My point was the Stadium being built with public money is not to blame.

Raymond James was built with public money, people had to pay the STUPID PSL FEE, Fans that had GOOD seats for years were screwed over, Prices rose in dramatic fashion.

Yet despite all that, the Bucs sold out for years after RJS was built. And people say Tampa is a POOR Sports town.

Tampa has the Bucs, Rays & Lightning.

Cinci has the Bengals & Reds. That Cinci can't put even 60,000 people into the seats to watch a GOOD,WINNING Bengals team is ridiculous.

That is on the fan base, not the Stadium.
    Why do you think the fan base in CIN isn't forking over the $ to go to the game?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
      Why do you think the fan base in CIN isn't forking over the $ to go to the game?
      Lack of interest

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
        Lack of interest
        Which is a growing interest by the NFL. Remember' last playoff season, IND, CIN, and GB PLAYOFF tix sales went down to the wire. GB, of all places...

I think folks are wising up to the fact that attendance at an NFL game isn't exactly pleasurable - having to stand all game long, obscenities,drunks, violence, in and outside the stadium, parking costs, concession costs, and so on.

These fans you prize for their support are often the very reason why others refuse to subject themselves or their friends and family members to said abuse. These "loyal" fans by their repellant behavior poison the next generation ofa ttendees that keeps the whole thing going.

You can stay home, watch network NFL games, purchase the various services for watching home games, sit home on your couch, not fight traffic, parking, pay outrageous concession prices (take 7 bucks for a beer and mulitlply it by 24, That $168 a case).

The fact that the public has to fork over their $ for public purchase of an NFL's teams' playpen adds to the reasons why you can feel like a sap by going to a game.

I think that there is not a sellout is a long-overdue reaction against getting gulled by a business that is based on playing on emotions, relies on folks like you to try to make them feel guilty for not fattening the wallets of the gang of 32, along the way become effectively albeit an unwitting amanuensis for their purpose.
        Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-18-2014, 02:16 PM.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
          Which is a growing interest by the NFL. Remember' last playoff season, IND, CIN, and GB PLAYOFF tix sales went down to the wire. GB, of all places...

I think folks are wising up to the fact that attendance at an NFL game isn't exactly pleasurable - having to stand all game long, obscenities,drunks, violence, in and outside the stadium, parking costs, concession costs, and so on.

These fans you prize for their support are often the very reason why others refuse to subject themselves or their friends and family members to said abuse. These "loyal" fans by their repellant behavior poison the next generation ofa ttendees that keeps the whole thing going.

You can stay home, watch network NFL games, purchase the various services for watching home games, sit home on your couch, not fight traffic, parking, pay outrageous concession prices (take 7 bucks for a beer and mulitlply it by 24, That $168 a case).

The fact that the public has to fork over their $ for public purchase of an NFL's teams' playpen adds to the reasons why you can feel like a sap by going to a game.

I think that there is not a sellout is a long-overdue reaction against getting gulled by a business that is based on playing on emotions, relies on folks like you to try to make them feel guilty for not fattening the wallets of the gang of 32, along the way become effectively albeit an unwitting amanuensis for their purpose.
          The team has to play somewhere and if you enjoy the team and want them in your community, a few tax dollars are worth spending even if you never go to the stadium in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X