Thread: Random thoughts, opinions, and observations...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Random thoughts, opinions, and observations...

First off, I still Bill-ieve in this team!! Many positives from this game, and so far this season. I'm just going to dive right in, sorry if I jump from here to there…

- Phillip Rivers is really good. His game isn't flashy, pretty, and can sometimes look down-right weird, but the dude can place the ball where and whenever he wants to. He was single handedly the reason the SD offense had so much success. Rivers did we he did, w/o a good RB, dominant WR, and a dinged up Gates. My hats off to him.

- Brandon Flowers did a great job at CB for the Chargers. He was tough to shake in coverage, and was in on a lot of runs plays as well.

- EJ was awful today. Made bad reads, way too many "safe" throws, very, very poor ball placement, and even struggled to check off plays that needed to be checked off. The conditions were not ideal for throwing today, but Rivers and any good QB can get it done no matter what. EJ is a work in progress, and I will still support his growth and development.

- Our coaching staff has been very good the first 2 games, but they were not today. Bad game plan on offense. Nothing we called worked, and we also took a step back protecting the pass. The decision to run CJ on 3rd and 1 late in the game was stupid, along with many other questionable play calls.

- Sean'Trell looked like a rook today

- Stephon Gilmore at the number 9 pick 3 years ago, was a grave mistake. He's an above-average corner when healthy, but he stays hurt, so most of the time we have him when he is average.

- Our run defense looked really good!!

- Our division is still very winable

- Wish Jim would've stay in the both and called more of the game. We were 7-0 when he was talking!!

- Can't wait to see Bedard's cartoon following this shotty performance & OP's very detailed post game thoughts!!

Hope y'all have a great week, Go Bills!!
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

2. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (09-21-2014),Historian (09-22-2014),Night Train (09-21-2014),Novacane (09-21-2014),Scumbag College (09-21-2014),YardRat (09-21-2014),Yasgur's Farm (09-21-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Random thoughts, opinions, and observations...

I had to sit in the stands and watch this dreck.

Your post is spot on. Well done.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    I had to sit in the stands and watch this dreck.

Your post is spot on. Well done.
    Good post, I agree, there were many positives today.

While I was watching the game, I thought there were plenty of chances for Buf to get right back into it, and cut the deficit to a field goal. And the thing that kills me: they made the plays to make that happen. But they were called back nearly every time. I think the Bills actually played well enough to win today, but had so many huge plays negated by penalties that the entire dynamic of the game changed.

But the over reaction on this board is unreal: Buf is still 2-1, still in first, still in control of their own destiny. I thought they'd lose this one, and they did. I expect them to roll over the Texans next week, and it won't be close. Fitz (as we all know) can't handle pocket pressure and makes plenty of mistakes. Bills will win big, 3-1 after the first quarter of the season. I'll take it.

Great team, fun to watch, hope they keep trending up. San Diego looks like a very good football team, great quarterbacking by Rivers, so calm in the pocket, such a physical presence. Their D hits hard. It'll be very interesting to see them play Denver.

People we're saying that this game against San Diego could have wild card implications. After the first 3 weeks of the season, I think that game Buf plays against Denver will have the wild card implications. Broncos look beatable this season, Chargers look Super.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,591 Times in 17,465 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's a very young team...they still need to learn what it takes to have a chance to win every week. It was a very lack-luster performance all around, and some individual players had worse days than others. Hopefully they learn from this, and it will be interesting to see how they respond next week.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW, I would also like to say that I don't think SD beating Seattle like a drum last week was a anomaly. They are a good football team. There defense was very good, and Rivers is a very, very good QB.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,925 Times in 4,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wish Jim Kelly was in the booth over Tasker 7 days a week.

8. Post thanked by:

casdhf (09-22-2014),Historian (09-22-2014)