• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Start Orton Now

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
    I still maintain that the Bills completely screwed up the entire process of growing a young QB.
    The day they drafted him.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix View Post
      23/39 238 1 TD 0 INT

^ Good stat line example of why stats don't tell the whole story, especially for QBs. Not horrible numbers but if you watched the game, you would know that EJ was beyond horrible.

That's the discouraging thing. He could of had a huge game if he could of hit open receivers. The opportunities were there to take a big step forward and he didn't.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Tb had their ass handed to them in Atlanta. Mccowen wasn't gonna be pulled unless hurt. He was an glen on came in. So in a game a lot closer in buffalo, to think orton is coming in is absurd. If that's what you were rooting for, you haven't watched a lot of football

ej needs to be more accurate. The bills also can't offset every play with yards with a penalty. A lot what was called should be called. We are aiming for 8-8. This team on average should get there.

Comment

• JoeMama
          Emotion Sickness
          • Oct 2002

I was irate when we drafted EJ but like most homer NFL fans I'm willing to give a guy a chance, as implausible as the chances are.

EJ is a hopeless piece of trash. He probably wouldn't even make a CFL roster.

Orton ASAP.

Unlike EJ, he has a functioning brain and an arm that can put the football where he wants it to go.
          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

He never should have had to start from day one. Kolb going down completely screwed up the entire process. I personally thought that he was a guy with a very high upside, but a guy who was not NFL ready from day one. He's a guy that would have really benefited greatly from sitting for a year or two.
            Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            What do you think they should of done?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Orton will only see the field if EJ gets hurt or somehow the Bills end up 2-6 into the bye.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                The day they drafted him.
                There was nothing wrong with the pick, it made sense. It's the way they handled it after he was drafted that sucked.

Comment

• JohnnyGold
                  • Dec 2008

You guys are out of your minds.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

If EJ completed half the incomplete passes that were horrendous throws, that's a different ballgame.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                      • Feb 2006

MST delusional EJ supporter. We know what we are going to get with EJ. He's going to be terrible and not score any points. Orton may do the same, but we can't get worse so let's see what he's got. EJ can ride the pine and try to get his **** together in the meantime. Even though, he probably won't.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

He's a guy that would have really benefited greatly from sitting for a year or two.
                        This is the new NFL, teams don't do that anymore, nor should they.

You learn by playing, not by holding a clipboard.

Do not bench EJ.

Comment

• bleve
                          • Mar 2005

I've been pretty quiet about the whole EJ thing. I'm pretty much like a normal fan in that I think he's not very good, but hey, it's early.

Well, I've come to the realization that he stinks, and whatever he needs to "get it" is going to take a while.

We've got a guy on the bench who's got NFL experience. There isn't another team that EJ would be starting on in the NFL, and I agree that unlikely any CFL team for that matter.

Get him off the field. It sucks watching my team with this guy out there.
                          "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                          ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Are you wrongly implying that every situation is exactly the same? If you watched the guy in college and have any scouting experience, it was paid fully obvious that he's ultra-talented, but was not NFL ready. If Kolb doesn't get hurt, Manuel doesn't play last year, whether you like it or not. By the way, Johnny Manziel says hi.
                            Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            This is the new NFL, teams don't do that anymore, nor should they.

You learn by playing, not by holding a clipboard.

Do not bench EJ.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

He's definitely playing like ****, but it's too early to give up on the guy. I still maintain that the Bills completely screwed up the entire process of growing a young QB.
                              ahhh bull****. They need to give up on him if they want to win more than 6 games. He should have been sitting and learning from the beginning. I said if he plays right away the Bills will ruin him and it's turning out just that way. He needed to sit for a year, at least. Cousins sat for two years and he is tearing it up in Washington. Sitting and waiting until he is actually ready is the best thing for him and the team. They can still rectify their mistake but I fear they are too stubborn to admit it.
                              Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-21-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                                EJ's human and needs to be loved... Just like everybody else does.

Comment

Working...
                                X