X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

I'm Not Complaining -- I Never Expected the Bills to be 2-1

Whine if you want to but everyone would have been happy if the Bills were 2-1 after that dreadful pre-season.

We won an OT game to begin the season that could have gone either way.

We dominated the Dolphins in our Home Opener.

We were just not good enough today to beat a very good Chargers team.

Next game is on the road against a Texans team that also came down to Earth today when their all important RB could not play.

We may win that game next week.

We may not.

As long as we are better than 4-4 by the Bye Week. we have surpassed expectations.

Look ahead to the last 4 games of the season. Not to break your heart but there has always been 4 losses there waiting for us.

We are doing very well so far this year.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: I'm Not Complaining -- I Never Expected the Bills to be 2-1

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Whine if you want to but everyone would have been happy if the Bills were 2-1 after that dreadful pre-season.

Next game is on the road against a Texans team that also came down to Earth today when their all important RB could not play.

We may not.

As long as we are better than 4-4 by the Bye Week. we have surpassed expectations.

Look ahead to the last 4 games of the season. Not to break your heart but there has always been 4 losses there waiting for us.

I find it funnier than anything that I think you're kidding, but aren't, but might be, if maybe not.

Don't have a clue, doesn't bother me in the least, good post either way and both.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      I find it funnier than anything that I think you're kidding, but aren't, but might be, if maybe not.

Don't have a clue, doesn't bother me in the least, good post either way and both.
      No I am serious.

Did you expect the Bills to be 2-1?

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I'd of signed up for 2-1 a month ago so I can't *****. Don't see the last 4 as automatic losses. Denver and NE sure. They can beat Oakland even on the road. They can beat the Pack at home.

Comment

• Mace
          • Mar 2013

No I am serious.

Did you expect the Bills to be 2-1?
          Honestly. I expected 0-3 here.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            I'd of signed up for 2-1 a month ago so I can't *****. Don't see the last 4 as automatic losses. Denver and NE sure. They can beat Oakland even on the road. They can beat the Pack at home.
            The Pack look vulnerable. I see them improving more than we do before then.

The Raiders are a coin toss. Their D is not as bad as we thought they were. If they can establish a run game, they will beat us.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

It's a good start to the season as a whole.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

We may not.

OK, who are you and what have you done with the real SpikedLemonade.

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

We may not.

Honestly, I had this team going 5-11 this season and they already have two more wins than I thought they would have all season. The bad news is I expected them to lose to Houston, Detroit, New England, and Kansas City as well. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by MST3KBillsfan View Post
                    Honestly, I had this team going 5-11 this season and they already have two more wins than I thought they would have all season. The bad news is I expected them to lose to Houston, Detroit, New England, and Kansas City as well. I hope I'm wrong.
                    You lost me in there, you expected them to have 5 wins but they had 2 more than they'd have all season when they only have 2 ? Oh you're so hammered.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

After the preseason, I didn't have any hope for this team. They hit 2-0 and my expectations shot through the roof. Today brought me back to reality, and there is great talent on this team. The problem here is we have a great team with a quarterback that's holding them back. The run game, defense and special teams will put notches in the W column, but our QB and secondary will inevitably keep numbers going in to the L's.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                        After the preseason, I didn't have any hope for this team. They hit 2-0 and my expectations shot through the roof. Today brought me back to reality, and there is great talent on this team. The problem here is we have a great team with a quarterback that's holding them back. The run game, defense and special teams will put notches in the W column, but our QB and secondary will inevitably keep numbers going in to the L's.
                        More though, I think we have a team with some good players and talent, coaches unsure of how to use them, and a couple critical flaws that will make contending for a Lombardi like trying to grasp the wind though we might get to 8-8 or 9-7 finally if not assertively.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

The good news is that the only dominating team thus far in the AFC is the Bengals.

Patriots have improved their D but their offensive line is a mess.

The Ravens are under performing.

Indy is not impressive.

The Broncos look beatable.

Crap! The Chargers look better than most of the above.

We can't lose to the Texans next week though.

The Lions, Browns and Raiders will be tougher than predicted.

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

The good news is that the only dominating team thus far in the AFC is the Bengals.

Patriots have improved their D but their offensive line is a mess.

The Ravens are under performing.

Indy is not impressive.

The Broncos look beatable.

Crap! The Chargers look better than most of the above.

We can't lose to the Texans next week though.

The Lions, Browns and Raiders will be tougher than predicted.
                            Hate to say it but I will. It always seems to be our chance to step up. That Pats game....

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

We may not.

We are doing well but we can not accept a loss next week in Houston. It's too costly as losses to the Texans are akin to losses to the Browns last year. If you want to be a playoff contender you have to win games you're supposed. I know everyone was riding high going into this weekend but as you said San Diego is a very good team.

Comment

Working...
                              X