Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marrone Will Bench Manuel If He Has To

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Marrone Will Bench Manuel If He Has To

Bills going nowhere if they don't bench this guy. He's just not an NFL talent. I haven't seen a first round QB play so ineptly since Gabbert.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Not familiar with that, what happened?
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

3. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (09-22-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    Our D wasn't the issue yesterday. It was 13-3 at halftime, gave up 9 points in the 2nd half. Big deal. We held them to 22 points, which is plenty enough to beat. Plus if our O kept it closer, the whole dynamic of the game changes
    Great post.

The offense did nothing to change the outcome of this game.

Keeping the Chargers to 22 points makes the game winnable. Rivers is a top tier QB.

In the first 3 weeks of this year I don't believe any team won a game with only putting 10 points on the board.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    LOL

Poor donald. Wasn't even his responsibility.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
    The Chargers D rushed mostly by 4, but they got creative as the game wore on, putting the pressure on EJ. I mentioned before that I saw EJ struggled with 34 defense before. He seemed unable to identify which linebacker was coming, thus adjusting protection and Eric Wood didn't help yesterday.

Houston is another 34 defense and Rac (Crennel) is known to run traditional 34. It would be a tough sledding game again, I'm afraid.
    They rushed 5 sometimes. And were pulling d-line stunts that the Bills seem to struggle with.

Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,936 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills have........

Sammy Watkins..

Robert Woods...

Mike Williams...

All wasting away because their QB can not get the ball to them, Or just refuses to throw to them, Because he's lost, And has no trust in his own skill set.

All this team really needs is a guy who is not scared to throw to his play makers and let them run around.

With this teams RB's and WR's it's such a shame to see it go to waste over the QB situation.

8. Post thanked by:

swiper (09-22-2014),TacklingDummy (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    If the oline doesn't improve, it doesn't matter who they put under center. We are weak in the middle, and teams are going to see that and gameplan for it.
    Still feeling the loss of Levitre.

10. Post thanked by:

Mace (09-22-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    Our D wasn't the issue yesterday. It was 13-3 at halftime, gave up 9 points in the 2nd half. Big deal. We held them to 22 points, which is plenty enough to beat. Plus if our O kept it closer, the whole dynamic of the game changes
    Defense actually held them to 20. Stinky EJ Manuel gave the chargers another 2 points.

12. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (09-22-2014),jlgarsh (09-22-2014)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I believe part of Marrone's growing aggravation and frustration is that he won't bench Manuel if he needs to, because this is how they developed their project QB and it's on no one but them if it works out poorly. Orton, no matter what you think of him, only becomes a usable option past the bye when the season is already won or lost unless Manuel gets hurt. Marrone is unflinchingly in Manuel's corner even to thinking River's stats were Manuel's because he has this idealized view of his QB and has to because it reflects also on his OC.

Had he made a point of it, they could have taken his man, Nassib for better or worse, and is now stuck with what he has. Manuel seems to be echoing what he's told, and if Marrone doubles back on it, he lost whatever Manuel might yet become (and we hope he all does).

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Chargers went into cruise control after the opening drive of the 2nd half. Might be part of the reason they only put up 20 on the D.

Even though Donald Brown wasn't working, the run D is actually good here, the Chargers kept doing it because the Bills O never threatened to do anything.

Do you really think Donald Brown runs 31 times for 62 yards if the game is in doubt? Absolutely not, Rivers throws the ball some more to whoever he wanted as he had done earlier in the game.

15. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-23-2014)