Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geno>EJ

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Geno>EJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownBear View Post
    And the scrap heap or marginal veteran FA route rarely, if ever,works out for teams. Just look at a team like Kansas City who set themselves back by 3-4 years with the Alex Smith signing (or see Bledsoe with Bills).
    New owner in town, who says we need to dig through the value bins anymore?

Why not Eli? Big Ben? RG3? Kap?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post

lol...Jeezums Christmas...really? Three suck and the other is on track for Bledsoe v2.0.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 4,355 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer View Post
    The biggest issue with Manuel right now is that he's too conservative.
    Biggest issue his accuracy sucks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by streetkings01 View Post
    After watching the first 3 games. Geno just lets the ball rip.........he has the potential to be a turnover machine but he also has the potential to light up a defense and make plays. I have no confidence at all in EJ being able to sit back and pick apart a defense. EJ is the same player he was in college.......he'll make plays every now then but will go into periodic funks where the offense does absolutely nothing. Being a FSU fan I can tell you this........It can get real frustrating watching EJ at times.........especially that damn spin move and take a sack that he perfected at FSU ugh!
    I don't think that either QB has fans teeming with exuberance.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by black N yellow View Post
    Edwards > Losman
    Good point.

If we listened to the majority opinion here we should have a Super Bowl by now.

Manuel > Fitzpatrick > Edwards > Losman

Thanks
    Thanked 12,387 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post

Other than RG3 who can't stay on the field why would the other 3 be available?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,387 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Good point.

If we listened to the majority opinion here we should have a Super Bowl by now.

Manuel > Fitzpatrick > Edwards > Losman

All you do is make **** up. That's why no one can stand you. A different opinion is fine. Lying is not. That's not the majority opinion and I think you know it. If not your'e dumber than your posts. The majority opinion is lets see the rest of the season and if no improvement EJ belongs with those three.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    All you do is make **** up. That's why no one can stand you. A different opinion is fine. Lying is not. That's not the majority opinion and I think you know it. If not your'e dumber than your posts. The majority opinion is lets see the rest of the season and if no improvement EJ belongs with those three.
    The more intelligent posters that know what they're talking about don't seem to have much trouble with me. It's posters like you that shoot from the hip and change your target every week after games that seem to have all the trouble.

Confusion is a ***** I realize. Must be hell in that jumbled mind of yours.

You also seem to have a very short memory, which doesn't really shock me, but try going back to last year's posts and seeing what everyone was writing about Manuel as opposed to Fitz.

Talk about lying. You and your ilk make politicians seem like saints.

elite QB
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownBear View Post
    They both are subpar at this point in their careers but at least EJ isn't actively losing us games. A good comparison for EJ is early career Steve Mcnair. Another very raw guy who was given very vanilla and conservative gameplans for his first 5-6 years in the league who eventually developed into a good overall quarterback in his 6th or 7th season. I see a similar arc for EJ if we are patient and rely on our defense and running game.

Also, there's really no point in even thinking about a replacement until we have a first round pick in 2016. And the scrap heap or marginal veteran FA route rarely, if ever,works out for teams. Just look at a team like Kansas City who set themselves back by 3-4 years with the Alex Smith signing (or see Bledsoe with Bills).
    Can't wait 5 or 6 years. He needs to get better real fast or he'll possibly be better for a different team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BOBM253 View Post
    Can't wait 5 or 6 years. He needs to get better real fast or he'll possibly be better for a different team.
    The problem here is not EJ, it's the person responsible for drafting him, which was Whaley. Whaley didn't do his homework on Manuel when it was out there laying on the table for him to just pick up and read.

When a top personnel guy makes that kind of mistake, and then gambles trying to cover it up while hamstringing you for the future, you get rid of him. Regardless of which GM is here we're stuck now. So let's move on from the mistake, Whaley, and at least correct one deep-rooted problem before it gets completely out of hand and costs us another ten years of **** performance.

The popular opinion here is that his drafts otherwise have worked out. But Gilmore's struggling, there isn't a player from this year's draft doing much yet besides Henderson, a 7th rounder, including Watkins who has had one good game so far in pre or regular season. Watkins will be fine but just not worth next year's 1st and 4th too.

Dareus needs a shrink. Spiller is a role player. That's our last four 1st rounders, none of whom are performing like the 16th, 10th, 3rd, and 9th overall selections that they were. All of whom were drafted with Whaley as the first in control on the personnel side of things and with him openly admitting that the last two were his picks fully.

We cannot afford to let Whaley do more of this if we expect to have some winning seasons. As it is two of those guys are up for new contracts, I wouldn't spend too much signing either. Manuel's 13 games away from being a career backup. Again, Watkins will be fine, but he won't ever post the kind of numbers that we're expecting from him for the trade that we made. He'll be outplayed by at least a couple of WRs drafted later than him that fit the new NFL top receiver prototype more, that bigger 6'3"-6'4"-6'5" type with speed.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1. 19 games played, 57.1% completion, average 6.89y per pass, 0.5x TDs/turnovers, rating 68.5
    2. 13 games played, 59.8% completion, average 6.58 per pass, 1x TDs/turnovers, rating 80.6.

i agree that ej is in a more conservative offense. and frankly for stats this pedestrian from both qbs, i think it makes sense to hold a guy back so he doesn't become a turnover machine and doesn't get "ruined". perhaps if the shoe was on the other foot and geno was being run through a conservative offense, he'd have the slightly better stats.

i think it was said elsewhere, but this was an institutional failure by riding fitz as long as they did and having zero options coming along (aside from the illustrious levi brown). they picked a qb in a bad class. not a single qb from that class has shown themselves as "the guy". and this is why brandon deserves to be gone. as president he allowed this to happen. and they are trying to make it work now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Whaley is an extension of Brandon.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Biggest issue his accuracy sucks.
    I think there is a bigger issue with EJ.

We all knew his accuracy was not great, but he was supposed to be an athletic QB that could make plays with his feet.

Anyone that saw the Chargers game, saw Rivers pick up a first down, diving head first.

EJ on the other hand, either slid feet first or went out of bounds failing to pick up first downs.

I don't know if EJ received a mandate to protect himself from Marrone or he is just playing scared like Trent Edwards, in either case his play against the Chargers SUCKED.

14. Post thanked by:

TacklingDummy (09-23-2014)