Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami Dolphins considering benching Ryan Tannehill

Thanks
    Thanked 7,565 Times in 6,124 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Miami Dolphins considering benching Ryan Tannehill

The Ryan Tannehill experience has come under fire over the last few weeks in Miami. Now we aren't even sure if that experience is going to continue this week in London against the Raiders.
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Monday's Around The NFL, per team sources, that there is talk Miami may bench Tannehill for Matt Moore and it is "not a motivational ploy" for the third-year passer. The team wants to make a decision before they fly over the Atlantic Ocean.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ryan-tannehill

Maybe we should consider something like this???

If Orton is better prepared to win why not?

28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

2. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (09-23-2014),WagonCircler (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Miami Dolphins considering benching Ryan Tannehill

EJ clearly isn't ready to start.

A functional passer... which Orton is... very well could change the whole dynamic of this team.

4. Post thanked by:

Buffalogic (09-23-2014),Jeff1220 (09-23-2014)

The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying. Static's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    The Ryan Tannehill experience has come under fire over the last few weeks in Miami. Now we aren't even sure if that experience is going to continue this week in London against the Raiders.
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Monday's Around The NFL, per team sources, that there is talk Miami may bench Tannehill for Matt Moore and it is "not a motivational ploy" for the third-year passer. The team wants to make a decision before they fly over the Atlantic Ocean.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ryan-tannehill

Maybe we should consider something like this???

If Orton is better prepared to win why not?

The problem is alot bigger then just Tanny....we are out coached and out played almost every game, and make no adjustments to fix it......Its Blow up time....Philbin should have been gone after last years debacle and scandal...The team has just look flat and confused....and it is coming down from the top.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,291 Times in 13,723 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why are the Dolphins letting this play out in the media? If they decide not to bench him they just publically ruined his confidence.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,934 Times in 3,490 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    EJ clearly isn't ready to start.
    But he's going to. Breathe deep into the paper bag. Nothing you can do about it. Orton watches until/if EJ gets hurt. If EJ is the Titanic we're all going down. Everyone. GM. Coaches. Fans. EJ is not going to get "ready to start" by sitting. And Orton will NEVER win a SB. So EJ plays. Maybe he gets better, maybe he doesn't. But he plays. The whole year. Breathe in, breathe out.

8. Post thanked by:

Novacane (09-23-2014),TacklingDummy (09-24-2014),trapezeus (09-23-2014)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Monday's Around The NFL, per team sources, that there is talk Miami may bench Tannehill for Matt Moore and it is "not a motivational ploy" for the third-year passer.
    I'll believe it when I hear it directly from the Dolphins. So far they haven't said anything like that. Matt Moore isn't going to help a darn thing.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

10. Post thanked by:

Meathead (09-23-2014)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    The problem is alot bigger then just Tanny....we are out coached and out played almost every game, and make no adjustments to fix it......Its Blow up time....Philbin should have been gone after last years debacle and scandal...The team has just look flat and confused....and it is coming down from the top.
    Is it more coaching and not playing to his positives ? I know the Bills have done well against Tannehill but other games I've watched he can look very good.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,249 Times in 15,411 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Philbin is a sad excuse for a coach.

13. Post thanked by:

Novacane (09-23-2014),pmoon6 (09-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

if the QB can't stand up, he can't play. that's miami's problem. the qb gets hit a lot. matt moore isn't going to have a different fate. perhaps tannehill is a little shell shocked and on the verge of getting ruined, but he has been crushed...alot in the last 2 seasons.

15. Post thanked by:

Pinkerton Security (09-23-2014)

The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying. Static's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Is it more coaching and not playing to his positives ? I know the Bills have done well against Tannehill but other games I've watched he can look very good.
    I think coaching is alot of it. The team is not sharp at all. Dropped passes. Tanny is getting sacked to many times. Poor clock management. Coaches calling pass plays on 2nd and 1 and again on 3rd and 1, even though Miller was having a monster game running the ball. I know we have some injuries but they should be able to work around that. Then there is the team in general just looking life less out there and i think that reflects on the coach.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    I'll believe it when I hear it directly from the Dolphins. So far they haven't said anything like that. Matt Moore isn't going to help a darn thing.
    They haven't said it. But Philbin was asked 4 times in one presser about whether Tannehill would be the starter this week and he failed to say yes. To me that speaks volumes.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tannehill only started playing QB in college midway through his redshirt junior year. If they didn't expect him to be a project, they were kidding themselves.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

19. Post thanked by:

sukie (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    They haven't said it. But Philbin was asked 4 times in one presser about whether Tannehill would be the starter this week and he failed to say yes. To me that speaks volumes.
    I know what Philbin said and didn't say. It speaks volumes of nothing. Can you imagine how frustrating it is for him to have to confront a press corps screaming that the sky is falling? He's just giving them a big eff you finger and telling them to shut up without actually saying it.

If you think the Bills are having trouble benching #16 pick in favor of a seasoned starter, imagine Philbin's hesitation to bench a #8 pick in favor of a bum. It will take a lot more for Tannehill to get benched. He's better than Matt Moore. A lot better. I know it. Philbin knows it. Even the Dolphins press corps knows it. They are just trying to flame controversy to sell their funny papers.
    Last edited by gebobs; 09-23-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    I know what Philbin said and didn't say. It speaks volumes of nothing. Can you imagine how frustrating it is for him to have to confront a press corps screaming that the sky is falling? He's just giving them a big eff you finger and telling them to shut up without actually saying it.

If you think the Bills are having trouble benching #16 pick in favor of a seasoned starter, imagine Philbin's hesitation to bench a #8 pick in favor of a bum. It will take a lot more for Tannehill to get benched. He's better than Matt Moore. A lot better. I know it. Philbin knows it. Even the Dolphins press corps knows it. They are just trying to flame controversy to sell their funny papers.
    I respect your opinion but I wouldn't frame it this way at all. 1st off I don't think the coaches of the Bills are remotely close to benching Manuel. Noone really expected Manuel to be great from the jump, he's very inexperienced and I think he will get a LOT of rope.

On the other hand Tannehill seems to be regressing. And Matt Moore is not a bum unless you think Orton is a bum, their stats are quite similar actually although Orton is older and more experienced. It was just 2 years ago that Matt Moore gave the fins a pretty good season with a 96 QB rating. Philbin is going to go with whoever he thinks can win him football games. If he was sold on Tannehill it would have been much easier for him to just say it "Ryan is our QB". He refused to do it. Why do you think that is? I'm not saying Tannehill will be benched right now but IMHO the ice is cracking under him. We'll see.

22. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-23-2014),Meathead (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, of all the teams we should be trying to emulate, the dolphins should be at the top of the list.

24. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-23-2014),sukie (09-23-2014)

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Is Orton a solid QB? Probably. Is he going to be a huge upgrade over EJ? I really don't think so - people expecting us to insert Orton and magically become a dominant O are kidding themselves.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,153 Times in 5,890 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Tannehill only started playing QB in college midway through his redshirt junior year. If they didn't expect him to be a project, they were kidding themselves.
    Bingo.... He was drafted as a project and Girard was supposed to be the starter tannehill's first year. Thrown to the wolves in my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    You can change the QB's & Coach's names in your post & cover about half the NFL teams, minus the scandal part, Bills included.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Philbin is going to go with whoever he thinks can win him football games.
    It's more than just that. Tannehill was hand picked by Philbin. Benching him is putting a nail in his own coffin.

Matt Moore was Sparano's guy and that one half-decent year he had cost Sparano his job. Moore isn't going to solve any problems. Orton is a bum, but IMHO he's a better bum than Moore.

If he was sold on Tannehill it would have been much easier for him to just say it "Ryan is our QB". He refused to do it. Why do you think that is? I'm not saying Tannehill will be benched right now but IMHO the ice is cracking under him.
    I agree. I am going to go out on a limb right now and say he's got half a season. As I said: "It will take a lot more for Tannehill to get benched."
    Last edited by gebobs; 09-23-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
    Is Orton a solid QB? Probably. Is he going to be a huge upgrade over EJ? I really don't think so - people expecting us to insert Orton and magically become a dominant O are kidding themselves.

He's made millions by out-waiting DAL, as well as contracts with KC and DEN, now basking in BUF's wallet as they inked him to a handsome back-up contract, and over the past 4 seasons (64 games), only had to step onto the field in 13 games.

Nice work if you can get it...

I'd set down Manual and let Orton sink or swim and get whacked, just because.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 09-23-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.