• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Connor McDavid Watch

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    You could be onto something, They don't play defense in the CHL, But my comment was directed at the video that was posted,They parted like the red sea and just let him go.
    That is true. They did kind of get out of the way on that one. He is so fast and changes direction on a dime so they just might be guessing which way he was going.

Comment

• mightysimi
      Buckle me in on the highway of sin
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
      More skilled players usually take the CHL route...But the US-U18 and the NCAA are starting to bring in better talent and doing a good job with them.

They score a ton in the CHL because the Forwards job is much easier than that of a Defenseman, Coaches in the CHL don't have the time really to teach defense.

The Goalies are also behind the curve..

It takes much longer to develop Defenseman and Goalies...a couple season in the CHL is not long enough, Hence the silly scores..
      Disagree with this one. The difference between Canada and most countries is how strong our D is. Where are 98% coming from? As for goalies, the just instituted a rule so that teams can't import goalies. It will take a while to catch up the talent. Basically the reason that there has been no good Canadian goalies since Carey Price.

The reason it is higher scoring is that the most elite talent is there. And just like college football, individual players can dominate because the competition isn't elite at every position like the pros. And we are talking about a player scoring more than Crosby did in the QMJHL which has long been the offensive league of the CHL with very little defence.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
        • Feb 2009

2 straight 2 points games for MCdavid..2 points last night and 2 points tonight(2assists)

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

2 goals and 3 assists for Mcdavid tonight Erie beats Barrie 10-5

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

After a minislump where McDavid had 3 points in 3 games McDavid had his 3rd consecutive 3 point game tonight in Eries 7-4 win over Windsor

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Not a good start for the Erie Otters to start the OHL playoffs they lose to Sarnia in Game 1... 3-2 Connor McDavid with1 assist

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

He's a playoff choker! We don't want him!

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  He's a playoff choker! We don't want him!
                  lol Anything less than Erie getting to the Western Conference final would be a huge disappointment.. I expect Connor to have a big game in Game 2

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                    • Feb 2009

Erie beats Sarnia 3-1 to tie there series at 1-1... McDavid with 1 goal and 1 assist

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                      • Feb 2009

10 NHL scout were recently polled and all 10 said they would take McDavid No.1

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                        Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                        • Feb 2013

McDavid, who submitted his questionnaire in September 2013, wrote: "I would like to be a lawyer if my hockey career does not work out."
                        In an interview with NHL.com in January, McDavid was asked to expound on his answer.

"I guess I can argue an opinion and I have my opinions about things and I like to get into arguments and make sure I'm defending my opinion," McDavid said. "I just thought that would be an area I would be interested in."

Connor McDavid, C, Erie Otters (OHL)
                        2014-15: 47 games, 44-76-120, 48 PIM, plus-60 rating, 9 power-play goals
                        Height/weight: 6-foot-1, 195 pounds
                        Who is the NHL player your play would most likely be compared to: "Tyler Bozak because he is a good skater and is more of a pass-first type of guy."
                        Best asset: "I think that I am a good skater as well as passer."
                        Where do you need improvement: "My defensive game needs to get better along with my shot and faceoffs, being a full 200-foot player is very important."
                        NHL Central Scouting: "Exceptional NHL prospect; skating, skills and hockey sense are naturally ultra-quick. He makes plays that are truly amazing placing him in a class of his own. Effective on every shift in whatever role he is given. A great shot with outstanding release and a gifted playmaker and scorer."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=760162&navid=DL|BUF|home
                        Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 03-28-2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Dale Hawerchuk, who coaches the O.H.L. rival Barrie Colts, stated of McDavid: “He skates like Bobby Orr. He’s the vision of Wayne Gretzky. And that he handles the puck like Mario Lemieux.

http://candydirectnews.com/hockeys-next-great-one-draws-a-crowd-2/
                          Last edited by Skooby; 03-29-2015, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            This is the most poorly written, punctuated and articulated article that I have ever seen.

My eyes are bleeding just trying to get through it.
                            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                              • Feb 2009

Erie defeats Sarnia 6-5 to take a 2-1 lead in there series.. Connor Mcdavid with 1 goal and 1 assist

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                                • Feb 2009

Erie falls behind Sarnia 3-0 and then storms back to win in OT 4-3.. Connor Mcdavid with 1 assist

Comment

Working...
                                X