• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Connor McDavid Watch

This watch would be more interesting if
    1) Whoever finishes in last place had a 30% to 50% chance of getting the 1st overall pick instead of 20%
    2) Tim Murray didn't resign Matt Moulson and bring aboard Gorges and Mezaros..( I know it is not Tims fault he had no choice) The Sabres might have done enough in FA to be good enough to finish 28th instead of 30th

McDavid has been talked about and hyped out for so long I expect scouts and draft experts to look for tiny little flaws in his game and I expect him to be criticized more than he has in the last 2 years.. One thing that is unfair to Connor is to compare his point totals from years past OHL greats (ex John tavares) The OHL is a different league compared to even 5 years ago.. There is less scoring now compared to past.. My expectations are Connor should be able to average 2PPG this year in the OHL at least even though Erie has lost a few good players from last years team

So far Connor is off to a great start.. He has grown 2 inches o=since last year and it is being said he has put on 20 pounds..

In 3 preseasongames he absolutely tore it up with 13 points in 3 games.. After only getting 1 point in the season opener he had a goal and 2 assists against Windsor and 2 goals and 2 assists tonight against plymouth..8 pts in 3 games currently is 2nd in OHL scoring..

Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 09-27-2014, 11:25 PM.
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: Connor McDavid Watch

September 27 2014.. 2 goals and 2 assists against Plymouth he singlehandedly kept his team in the game and then a assist on the OT winner
    Last edited by Ginger Vitis; 09-28-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

drool.... hes so good.

if you think the sabres are better this year, just remember the area they didnt improve: goaltending. miller was having a good season for buffalo last year and it didnt make a difference. the sabres goaltending is alot worse this year (not that enroth and neuvirth are bad, just not close to miller)
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Offense fixes a lot of things. instead of losing 1-0, or 2-1, maybe we win 5-4 lol.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
          drool.... hes so good.

if you think the sabres are better this year, just remember the area they didnt improve: goaltending. miller was having a good season for buffalo last year and it didnt make a difference. the sabres goaltending is alot worse this year (not that enroth and neuvirth are bad, just not close to miller)
          Yeah i kinda overlooked Miller not being here anymore.. I also forgot the Sabres signed Brian gionta

Connor seems well spoken.. One thing to like about Connor is he has not shown at all the same level of entitlement that Eric Lindros had when Eric was 18... And of course Erics parents had the same level of entitlement that Eric had

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

We still have the Islanders in play as well. I figure between the 2 teams, things will go to pot for one if not both.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

2 goals and 2 assists for MCDavid vs Sarnia Oct 4th.. There was a huge contingent from WGR at that game.. 12 points in 4 games for McDavid

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

The Leafs will be in play for a lottery pick.

i fully expect a meltdown because they have the same core of questionable characters "leading" this team.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

drool.... hes so good.

Enroth looked great in the pre-season. The backup position is the worry.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                    • Feb 2009

Listening to WGR everyday and some of the things I hear I don't think the Sabres will finish last.. The attitude and vibe surrounding the team is much better than it was last year.. some of it is because Ted Nolan is respected and Ron Roulston was not.. And the players had long lost respect for Regier..And I expect Drew Stafford to play much better this season because it is his contract year

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

This team has a shot at the playoffs?

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                        This team has a shot at the playoffs?
                        I doubt it.. They would have to get to 85 points at least 52 to 85 is one heck of a leap

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

One down.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

One down.
                            It was all Columbus. They hit 3 posts early with Enroth getting little help.

He's a good goalie, making many good saves... but the team in front of him coughed up the puck in their own end way too many times. Sloppy.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

And so it begins...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰