Thread: Corey Graham Is In The Coaches Dog House, Gets 8 Snaps Against The Texans

Thanks
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,327 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Corey Graham Is In The Coaches Dog House, Gets 8 Snaps Against The Texans

Something is going on. Anyone have any inside info?

Corey Graham played only 8 snaps against the Texans.

I'm not surprised EJ get benched, he deserves to ride the pine.

I am very surprised that Corey Graham has basically been benched for the past 2 weeks, because he deserves the playing time based upon his on field performance.

The, "three man rotation," at cornerback Marrone spoke about is complete nonsense.

Graham was the teams best cornerback in their first 3 games!! Even though he only played 50% of the defensive snaps last week against the Chargers, he was still their best cornerback.

3 weeks of excellent/great play and now he's riding the pine??????????????

What's going on?

McKelvin got smoked all day by a quarterback he played against for years in practices against Fitz. He made one nice play, got hurt, and then Corey Graham came in off the bench and got smoked himself.

Had Corey Graham started the game, I don't think that TD happens.

I can only speculate, but the only reasons why he's not starting is because he shot his mouth off at the coaches over God knows what.

So what if he did, he was probably right.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Corey Graham Is In The Coaches Dog House, Gets 8 Snaps Against The Texans

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Had Corey Graham started the game, I don't think that TD happens.
    One TD this past Sunday was on Graham. Right over him. The first one to Hopkins I think.

He's just not that good despite what everyone here says.
    Last edited by Fletch; 09-29-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    One TD this past Sunday was on Graham. Right over him. The first one to Hopkins I think.

Where in the hell does that come from?

Chicago has a pretty damn good offense, and Corey Graham was the reason why the Bills won the freaking game.

He was the best player at cornerback for 3 games straight!!!

What are you and the Bills coaching staff smoking?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Where in the hell does that come from?

Chicago has a pretty damn good offense, and Corey Graham was the reason why the Bills won the freaking game.

He was the best player at cornerback for 3 games straight!!!

What are you and the Bills coaching staff smoking?
    He's just taking the low road, high-odds, negative approach so he can come back with 'I told you so' at some point. He'll be able to, also, because all players make mistakes. Corners get burnt, QB's throw picks, WR's drop balls, etc etc. It happens...it's part of the game...nobody is perfect. I have no idea why Graham only saw 8 snaps, especially after his performances the first three games (which any corner would take on their resume' probably), but the TD on Graham this past Sunday was either piss poor scheme or bad judgement on Corey's part...nobody should be playing that tight at the snap with a cover 1 shell unless it's an all out blitz.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

5. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (09-29-2014),Meathead (09-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    He's just taking the low road, high-odds, negative approach so he can come back with 'I told you so' at some point. He'll be able to, also, because all players make mistakes. Corners get burnt, QB's throw picks, WR's drop balls, etc etc. It happens...it's part of the game...nobody is perfect. I have no idea why Graham only saw 8 snaps, especially after his performances the first three games (which any corner would take on their resume' probably), but the TD on Graham this past Sunday was either piss poor scheme or bad judgement on Corey's part...nobody should be playing that tight at the snap with a cover 1 shell unless it's an all out blitz.
    Corey Graham had, "fresh legs," but he didn't have game legs. It was his first play of the game, after McKelvin made the pick and got hurt.

But why in Football Jesus's name is he not starting over McKelvin in the first place?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know it's a small sample size, but he outplayed our high draft picks in McKelvin and Gilmore over the first 3 weeks.

8. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (09-29-2014),Mr. Cynical (09-30-2014)

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Might be nursing an injury? Things we don't know, after his play the first few weeks (forgetting Houston) he didn't seem to merit any dog-house branding.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He definitely tried to bait Fitz into throwing that. Perfect route and a blazing wr beat him.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,502 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    He definitely tried to bait Fitz into throwing that. Perfect route and a blazing wr beat him.
    I don't know, I think he underestimated Hopkins' speed.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Agreed. i see zero reasons on the field why he isn't starting....all the dude does is make plays.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Here's the problem though: people admit that the "negative" approach is the high odds one, yet they insist on arguing with it. I'm not a football genius and I've never claimed to be, but I've gotten a LOT of things right because I was able to separate what I wanted to happen from the most likely outcome.

I don't understand why people insist on arguing with any comments about the team perceived as "negative" even while admitting that it's the high odds approach.

14. Post thanked by:

Fletch (09-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I know it's a small sample size, but he outplayed our high draft picks in McKelvin and Gilmore over the first 3 weeks.
    Yeah, so what. McKelvin has sucked as a corner ever since he's been here. Gilmore also ain't living up to his draft billing and seems to have regressed from his rookie season. Our DBs aren't even an average group.

Which great passing teams did we play in the first three weeks? Cutler was a self-imposed disaster. Rivers had a very good game against us on a tough road trip that he doesn't usually play well on. Tannehill's OK.

Graham didn't play much vs. San Diego and according to this he played S a lot.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bill...s_numbers.html

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Here's the problem though: people admit that the "negative" approach is the high odds one, yet they insist on arguing with it. I'm not a football genius and I've never claimed to be, but I've gotten a LOT of things right because I was able to separate what I wanted to happen from the most likely outcome.

I don't understand why people insist on arguing with any comments about the team perceived as "negative" even while admitting that it's the high odds approach.
    It goes even beyond that though. On Manuel for instance, the FSU coaches tried to "fix" him but failed. FSU has great coaching and usually does. If they couldn't correct basic mechanical flaws in Manuel at FSU where he had a huge talent advantage over his opponents, both individually as well as a team, what makes anyone think that our coaching staff of idiots can do it here. There is absolutely no basis for it whatsoever.

If Oakland had drafted Manuel 16th overall everyone here would have been mocking them, but because we did they view it differently.

Same thing for Watkins. Everyone knows that speed is the first thing to go in transition from college to NFL, even the players tell you that. They all say that it's the biggest difference. So when a guy like Watkins who played in a gimmick system and thrived on plays that typically don't work in the NFL, why does everyone automatically assume that his talents are going to translate seemlessly to the NFL? They clearly are not. We're not talking about an average 1st round WR here, almost everyone out there was saying how special he is and how one like him only comes along so often. Clearly that's not the case, already. His speed just isn't making that kind of difference in the NFL. Since that was the primary thing he brought it's not good for him or us.

If any team should not be enamored with speed in college prospects anymore it should be us. Spiller hasn't done what everyone said he'd do, and is it a surprise that he came from the same coach and same gimmick system that Watkins did? Graham, Goodwin, Easley were all speed demons but we found out that it didn't matter. People here either don't do the work to find these things out or just overlook them in favor of opinions and how they'd like things to work out. The front office seems to think the same way which is tragic and at the heart of the biggest problems that this team has.

There are a whole lot of other indicators out there but it seems like fans just don't want to see or hear about them.

17. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (09-30-2014),OpIv37 (09-30-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It goes even beyond that though. On Manuel for instance, the FSU coaches tried to "fix" him but failed. FSU has great coaching and usually does. If they couldn't correct basic mechanical flaws in Manuel at FSU where he had a huge talent advantage over his opponents, both individually as well as a team, what makes anyone think that our coaching staff of idiots can do it here. There is absolutely no basis for it whatsoever.

If Oakland had drafted Manuel 16th overall everyone here would have been mocking them, but because we did they view it differently.

Same thing for Watkins. Everyone knows that speed is the first thing to go in transition from college to NFL, even the players tell you that. They all say that it's the biggest difference. So when a guy like Watkins who played in a gimmick system and thrived on plays that typically don't work in the NFL, why does everyone automatically assume that his talents are going to translate seemlessly to the NFL? They clearly are not. We're not talking about an average 1st round WR here, almost everyone out there was saying how special he is and how one like him only comes along so often. Clearly that's not the case, already. His speed just isn't making that kind of difference in the NFL. Since that was the primary thing he brought it's not good for him or us.

If any team should not be enamored with speed in college prospects anymore it should be us. Spiller hasn't done what everyone said he'd do, and is it a surprise that he came from the same coach and same gimmick system that Watkins did? Graham, Goodwin, Easley were all speed demons but we found out that it didn't matter. People here either don't do the work to find these things out or just overlook them in favor of opinions and how they'd like things to work out. The front office seems to think the same way which is tragic and at the heart of the biggest problems that this team has.

There are a whole lot of other indicators out there but it seems like fans just don't want to see or hear about them.
    You have expressed it as well as anyone can.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Stranger View Post
    You have expressed it as well as anyone can.
    Because he's had time to edit his thought process over and over again. As he says the same things over and over again. I give him credit for being more factual and less abrasive in his approach but also see some flawed logic that he's never answered me on. Specifically as to how/why under Manuel, inspite of his "poor play" how FSU was able to move from 7-8 win team to finally a 12 win team his final season. As Fletch watched Manuel so much at FSU he wants to forget that prior to Manuel's arrival the team wasn't near the BCS top 25. Yet that started to turn that around after EJ arrived.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,571 Times in 6,130 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yes he got ****ing beat but by no stretch of anybodies imagination does he belong in the doghouse.

We need Graham on the field if he can go.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

21. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (09-30-2014)