Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Brady still Elite?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,899 Times in 4,357 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Brady still Elite?

Brady and the Pats have had the advantage of playing the crappy AFC East for the majority of his career.

2. Post thanked by:

better days (10-01-2014),Fletch (10-01-2014)

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not throwing dirt on him until we actually start beating them
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

4. Post thanked by:

GvilleBills (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Next week's CIN@NE game should show something. CIN is clicking on all cylinders on defense and looks to get back some starters, vs. HC Lewis being one of the notable prime time chokers.
    This.
    1000 times this.
    I've been thinking this all week. Cincinnati looks to be one of, if not the, best team in the conference. New England has looked awful this season. Add in the fact that New England is coming off a short week, and the Bengals are coming off a bye, and by all rights Cincy should completely and thoroughly dominate the Patriots on Sunday night.
    But how many people can actually see that happening in their heart of hearts?

It is setting up for the all too familiar scenario where the Bengals fail to capitalize on some first half turnovers, and take a tenuous 29-14 lead into the fourth, only to see Brady zip a 40 yarder to Gronk and sneak in a 2 point conversion to cut the lead to 7, recover an onside kick after the refs deem the play unreviewable because of some rule no one has ever heard of that the ball can go 3 yards instead of the requisite 10 if there's exactly 1:23 seconds left on the clock and each team has 0 timeouts remaining and the coaches have used all their challenges within the third quarter. Then Brady will look lost on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down where the clock keeps running because of a sack, the pocket will collapse on fourth, and as Brady is being driven into the ground by a blitzing Cincy LB, he will fire a perfect pass to Lafelle in the corner of the end zone, and we will watch he gets both feet down in bounds, and the pats convert another 2 point conversion to take a 1 point lead with 5 seconds left.

Point being, as ridiculous as that scenario sounds... I can actually picture it happening before the Bengals coming into Foxborough and winning that game.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,089 Times in 3,570 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bengals should wipe the walls with the Pats. The Bills need to take care of business with the Lions and they'll be alone atop the AFC East.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Brady and the Pats have had the advantage of playing the crappy AFC East for the majority of his career.
    It has factually been the worst division in football apart from the Pats. Us the Fins and Jets have had fewer playoff appearances than any three teams in any other division since 2001 when Brady started.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

8. Post thanked by:

better days (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    The Bengals should wipe the walls with the Pats.
    They should. Glad it's a SNF game so I can enjoy it.

Anyone been reading the Boston media on the situation?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGold View Post
    This.
    1000 times this.
    I've been thinking this all week. Cincinnati looks to be one of, if not the, best team in the conference. New England has looked awful this season. Add in the fact that New England is coming off a short week, and the Bengals are coming off a bye, and by all rights Cincy should completely and thoroughly dominate the Patriots on Sunday night.
    But how many people can actually see that happening in their heart of hearts?
    Unless Brady does a 180 I don't see the Pats having a chance, the Bengals attack on too many levels on both sides of the ball, they're at least as good as Baltimore was when Baltimore used to mop the floor with the Pats when they were good.

The problem is that New England doesn't have a good RB on the roster, all they have is 2nd-rate RBs or backup caliber RBs. The WRs aren't much better and Gronk has too many issues to be counted on. Besides, Brady will have to get him the ball first and right now he's near the bottom of the league.

The D has a few talented players but most are not especially good. Revis isn't playing as well as they'd hoped or as well as he has in the past, Wilfork is in his back-nine now, besides them maybe Mayo, Hightower, and Jones, but not much else that's better than average.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was listening to 93.7 radio on the ride into work today and they were interviewing Brady. I never heard Brady or the Dennis and Callahan crew sound so defeated in my 15+ years listening to local sports radio.

Loved it.

12. Post thanked by:

better days (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Marvin Lewis can't win a playoff game with this team he should never coach football (at any level) again.
    Oh no!...We suck again!

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    If Marvin Lewis can't win a playoff game with this team he should never coach football (at any level) again.
    Surprisingly, Head-Coach-For-Life Lewis hasn't made a bonehead decision yet this season. Which is odd. My guess is that he's been ordered to let their new OC and DC do their thing and save his smirks for post-game conferences.

Against that is CIN's abysmal record in prime time. They've gone into games favored and come out looking like something scooped out of a clogged garbage disposal.

And against that is the state of the Pats - peel off the logos from the helmets and the names off the jerseys, and you would think your were watching a club vying for a top 5 pick.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Not sure if this was posted before...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ities-afc-east

New England's offensive line is an embarrassment

Retired offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia should win the inaugural assistant coach of the year award in absentia. The Patriots can't settle on a starting trio on the interior after trading away Logan Mankins. Left tackle Nate Solder suddenly forgot how to pass block. Both Solder and right tackleSebastian Vollmer have been benched at various times. The Patriots are dead last in the NFL in yards-per-play, with pressure getting to Tom Brady and the team's running game quickly. Brady is struggling to lead this decaying offense, but the problems start up front.

Bellicheck should have kept Mankins. Its clearly costing the Patriots games this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tim Benz of WEEI Boston was on WGR this morning, I just heard it on demand.

He said Pats* fans expected to waltz through & win the Division as usual.

After their 2-2 start with the two wins being questionable against weaker teams, the AFC East is up for grabs.

Said Brady has shown he can no longer elevate players around him as he did in the past & that he now needs help to win.

The Bengals should win this game , but it is in N.E. advantage Patriots*

Thanks
    Thanked 5,089 Times in 3,570 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    It has factually been the worst division in football apart from the Pats. Us the Fins and Jets have had fewer playoff appearances than any three teams in any other division since 2001 when Brady started.
    Part of that is the divisional realignments around that time, making it much harder to make the playoffs.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    ...Unless you're the Miami Dolphins
    Ha fair enough.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Said Brady has shown he can no longer elevate players around him as he did in the past & that he now needs help to win.
    If anyone owes anyone anything over there it's Belicheat and the Pats owing Brady. He took far less money from them for purposes of keeping some receivers that Belicheat let walk anyway. Brady's 80% of the reason why they've even been competitive since 2005 or so. Brady doesn't need this and I'm looking forward to watching Belicheat flounder without Brady.

20. Post thanked by:

better days (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    If anyone owes anyone anything over there it's Belicheat and the Pats owing Brady. He took far less money from them for purposes of keeping some receivers that Belicheat let walk anyway. Brady's 80% of the reason why they've even been competitive since 2005 or so. Brady doesn't need this and I'm looking forward to watching Belicheat flounder without Brady.
    I agree with this. Peyton Manning got every penny he could from both the Colts & Broncos, leaving both teams up against the cap.

Brady took less than he could have so the Pats* could keep the team together.

So what do they do? Let Welker walk & trade Mankins. STUPID! But hey, I'm happy about that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    You could argue the same thing about those great 90s team Bills as the Patriots and Jets of that era were pretty bad. Yes Miami was competition because of Marino but he never had the running game to go with him.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsOverDolphins View Post
    So if Lewis is let go and the Bills are in need to a DC you wouldn't call on him? Personally I'm amazed Lewis lasted as long as he has in Cinci as felt he should have been after 2008 but to his credit he's got the Bengals in position to be the best team of the AFC. I sure hope his Bengals win this week as it will help the Bills out as until proven otherwise I won't call the Patriots dead.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    You could argue the same thing about those great 90s team Bills as the Patriots and Jets of that era were pretty bad. Yes Miami was competition because of Marino but he never had the running game to go with him.
    Marino is a HOF QB.

There has not been a QB like that in the AFC East since the Pats* came to power.

If not for the Bills, the Fins would have been going to Super Bowls like they did Marino's Rookie year.

You are CRAZY if you don't think the Fins were a GOOD team.